Coprice

Personally I wouldn't feed it, the first two ingredients are rice and rice bran and it also contains soyabean meal which I wouldn't feed to dogs under any circumstances. I'm sure there are some on this forum that have good results with it, but I definitely wouldn't give it to my dogs.

Plus you show your dogs don't you, I remember you at the Royal last year. I would be looking for a premium food for them, I feed Eagle Pack and would recommend it to anyone. Excellent product.

Edited by Miranda

After many, many dog foods, some suited and some didn't.

We are currently feeding coprice on some of our furkids and have had wonderful results. Their coats are shiney and full (when in full coat) their eyes are clear and have that special sparkle.

Not all premium foods are all that they are cracked up to be. We have one on Royal Canin and yes this works for her. We feed what works for our kids.

We only change foods when something isn't working and that is why we have changed to Coprice and it is working.

If you are happy with the way your dog/s are looking stick with what you have them on.

That's just my personal experience with Coprice.

Jess

EDITED: for spelling :)

Edited by Amarada

We feed coprice to our horses it results in fat shiny clear eyed horses, do they make a dog food by that name or is it stock feed. If it is the stock feed I would not feed it to your dogs. I had a boxer eat it once and when he drank water he was very swollen and sick.

Yes COPRICE is now producing a dog food, it comes in two varieties.

Coprice Working Dog & Coprice Family Dog

Coprice is all Australian company as well and a full description of the what is in it and how it all came to be is on their website :)

Jessica

Three of ours get the working dog and look great. The other 2 are on eagle pack, one because she had 3 feet of intestine removed due to bloat and needs the high quality. The other because she is a natural skinny dog and its the only food that puts weight on her.

I feed my pet dogs (not the 'showies') on Coprice working dog and they do really well on it, shiny coats, happy, healthy etc. I find it good value too at about $26 for 20kg.

:) I feed coprice working dog to my pet greyhounds and have the best results of any food so far> I have tried them on Hill Science Diet Eukanuba Pedigree Advance SuperCoat Plus and all these have resulted in more incosistant results than the Coprice.

I use to use Coprice Calm Performer, I htink it was called on my T.B mare and she was a lot calmer then on full grain feed.

I used Coprice for two bags full with my dogs and then threw it in the bin. What I liked about it was the rice element and to it, I added chicken mince, it is not a product I would call complete, when the first two ingredients are primarily fillers.

Those dogs I used it on for hot spots, got no better, in fact they looked worse, but the old addage if it works for your dogs than why stop using it? Others use this product and love it.

I get the best results from a premium biscuit brand, I feed most of mine this and am sticking to it, regardless of cost, saves me visits to the vet.

Thanks for all the responses.

Both boys are currently on Pro Plan i dont think i will change from this for awhile it just got recommended to me by a lady that does agility and all that but had trouble keeping weight on her dogs

My partners dog has spent his life on supermarket brands and thrived. He switched to coprice (i was buying and only go to the pet supply), and i have to say he is not doing so well, he has lost his shine and also gained a huge amount of weight.

I use coprice at the moment, and our dog has not had any problems (touch wood), but i have used Hill, Pal, and couple of other brands and this has worked the best.

It is generally up to the person who owns the dog on what they feed, but at $25 for 20kg it is a cost effective purchase.

Hi, I feed Coprice Working Dog to both my boys and have terrific results (it does not give the dogs the trots either), there coats are terrific, shiney healthy and the dogs love it. It keeps them both at a good weight without putting on more or loosing. I also give Fish Oil Capsules with Omega 3 each day and a treat of Chicken neck or similar.

I would recommend people try Coprice it may or may not suit every dog, but after trying all the Top Brands like, Iams, Ekanubra (spelling?), Science Diet, ( all of which I was wrapped in & used until the dogs were 12months) then I tried the Coprice. I was told about Coprice and it really works for us. :rolleyes: I did how-ever not start feeding Coprice until the dogs were about 12months. they were on Iams while doing there growing as with Eric he was a very fussy eater (would not eat a thing) & Rab was the opposite (eat everthing in sight) :laugh: