Sign in to follow this  
Loving my Oldies

Whatever Jeune wants Jeune gets

6 posts in this topic

Amazingly, Jeune turns 19 in a few weeks .... according to pound papers from November 2003.  Yes, 2003, that is not a typo.  :laugh:

A couple of years ago, a tumour was found between her backbone and colon. She has been on meds (liquid med so syringed) to inhibit growth ever since and she is generally well and not in any pain.  Jeune has always been a funny (as in odd odd) character.  She screams blue murder when hardly touched, I’ve never been able to cuts her nails (the vet has to do that), she must have eaten well at one stage because she was a bit porky.  She is very very stubborn and there is no way she will do anything she doesn’t want to.  However, she has become very very thin in the past couple of years and over time I have tried a heap of different foods and also meds to try to give her an appetitie.  She will ravenously (relatively speaking) eat something at one meal and then refuse it forever more :banghead:  :banghead:

Bunter is also on a heap of meds and he is refusing everything that he used to wolf down with pills hidden in them.  So on the weekend I went to the deli (twice) to buy a heap of different foods to see what would tempt him.  Tried savs, sausages, liverwurst, different meats, etc etc and nothing worked.  So left with all this what I would call rubbish, I looked down to see Jeune looking at me with big hungry eyes .......  you can guess the rest :laugh:  :laugh:.  Jeune LOVES savs, sausages and, particularly, pizza.  And Bunter loves pizza too, so I keep a slice and hide pills between the cheese topping and the crust.  So far so good.  

There are multiple containers of savs and sausages in the frig to cut up into tiny pieces and mix in with Jeune’s normal food.  

So, at the ripe old age and doing remarkably well, Jeune can eat as much rubbish as she likes :heart:  :heart:  :heart:   Obviously I keep an eye on her, I don’t want to make her sick, so don’t worry that I am sending her from the frying pan to the fire LOL.   

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, stellnme said:

Wow - 19!  She's earned the right to eat whatever she wants! :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:   Well that’s what I thought and so far it is suiting her. :heart:  :heart:  

• Like 2

Tassie   

Oh bless her .. dear old thing! … And nice to have found the pizza secret  for hiding meds.  Your dogs are lucky to have such a thinking outside the box owner. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Tassie said:

Oh bless her .. dear old thing! … And nice to have found the pizza secret  for hiding meds.  Your dogs are lucky to have such a thinking outside the box owner. :laugh:

When I discovered Jeune loved pizza, I can’t claim it was from my thinking outside the [pizza] box :laugh:  :laugh:.  She was hovering in the kitchen, looking both miserable and hopeful and wouldn’t say what she wanted when I asked her.  Surely she doesn’t want some pizza, I thought.  Not Jeune ???  But I gave it a try with a little bit and she kept coming back for more ...... and more ......and more.   I buy those Dr Oetker Mozzarella ones but I’m thinking I might have to start buying “Meatlovers” ones for the dogs.   

• Haha 5

How funny are dogs & their little ways  :laugh:

Jeune has reached a very good age,  how long do these little guys have for a normal life span

• Like 1