Best Cordless Clippers ??

sheena

Depends what your your budget is ,if you want a 5/1 head or interchangeable blades .

Tidy ups in those areas would still require a clipper with grunt .

Also keep in mind the added expense of an extra battery depending on how long the groom takes 

• Like 1

The Wahl super trimmer or Wahl bravura ( there’s a new updated Bravura called something else, shaped like a sex toy! And I don’t like it as much as the Bravura)  I prefer ones that are rechargeable but can also be used corded ( you can take the cord out of the charging unit and plug it into the pins on the clipper) rather than ones that just have interchangeable batteries like the Arco. I don’t like the new Asian ones like Shernbao. 

my personal preference is the Wahl super trimmer. a powerful 5in1 adjustable trimmer that can be used corded or cordless. Mine last for years with daily salon use. 

you can also buy a slide on comb attachments for the 5in1 blades and the Wahl super trimmer and the Wahl Bravura are powerful enough to do longer comb attachment trimming on clean well groomed coat. The 5in1 adjustable blades go from 9,10,15,30& 40 blade lengths which are all very short and will chew through anything you throw at them. For longer comb styling, slide on the attachment of choice, set the blade to the shortest length (40) and it will shape and style longer well prepared hair 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

The Wahl super trimmer or Wahl bravura ( there’s a new updated Bravura called something else, shaped like a sex toy! And I don’t like it as much as the Bravura)  I prefer ones that are rechargeable but can also be used corded ( you can take the cord out of the charging unit and plug it into the pins on the clipper) rather than ones that just have interchangeable batteries like the Arco. I don’t like the new Asian ones like Shernbao. 

my personal preference is the Wahl super trimmer. a powerful 5in1 adjustable trimmer that can be used corded or cordless. Mine last for years with daily salon use. 

you can also buy a slide on comb attachments for the 5in1 blades and the Wahl super trimmer and the Wahl Bravura are powerful enough to do longer comb attachment trimming on clean well groomed coat. The 5in1 adjustable blades go from 9,10,15,30& 40 blade lengths which are all very short and will chew through anything you throw at them. For longer comb styling, slide on the attachment of choice, set the blade to the shortest length (40) and it will shape and style longer well prepared hair 

Like this one ??  https://www.sydneysalonsupplies.com.au/wahl-bravura-lithium-ion-corded-cordless-animal-pet-clipper.html?gclid=CjwKCAiA3abwBRBqEiwAKwICA_o46F2a9MNPpBz29xt0ZILx1_l02ax33z1UD3jzpPTcTo5sLZBtmxoCEKoQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

31 minutes ago, sheena said:

Yes. That’s it 

PetNetwork is a good pet wholesaler for grooming supplies to the public and professional. They’ll be happy to advise you and also are a good resource for spare parts, service & sharpening 

https://www.petnetwork.com.au/products/wahl-bravura-lithium-ion-cordless-clipper-formerly-wahl-bellisima

these are the best comb attachments for the 5in1 blades. Much better than what comes with them 

https://www.petnetwork.com.au/collections/clippers-blades-and-accessories/products/wahl-5-in-1-stainless-steel-attachment-comb-set?variant=15016142023

Keep in mind with the 5/1 you have no choice but to use the clip on combs ,they limit your use compared to an interchangeable head ,
The combs can be a pain & as the 5/1 blade options is short you are very limited in your uses long term ..
The combs will require the coat to be knot free & clean before use & even them it can take longer to clip with the combs if not savvy with them so a second battery a must .
Add all the bits together & your nearing $400

18 hours ago, Dogsfevr said:

Keep in mind with the 5/1 you have no choice but to use the clip on combs ,they limit your use compared to an interchangeable head ,
The combs can be a pain & as the 5/1 blade options is short you are very limited in your uses long term ..
The combs will require the coat to be knot free & clean before use & even them it can take longer to clip with the combs if not savvy with them so a second battery a must .
Add all the bits together & your nearing $400

Is all this equipment & spare battery etc. needed when I just intend to use it to tidy up around the bum & legs?  

If you get the Wahl bravura or the Wahl super trimmer you don’t need extra batteries. The clipper charges in a charging station. You just remove the whole clipper from the charger and use it cordless ( or if it’s gone flat and you want to use it straight away you can remove the cord from the charging station and plug it directly into the clipper and power on). The clipper will come with an adjustable blade that should last years if just using for home use & touch ups. The clipper will also come with some black plastic extension combs that can be ok for home occasional use on clean well groomed coat. The extension combs it comes with are a bit pointy and stabbier than the colour coded slide on ones the pro groomers tend to use. 
so really, for what you want, just the clipper kit as purchased should suffice. 
steer clear of cordless clippers that have interchangeable batteries like the Arco, where just the batteries sit in the charging station and you snap the batteries on & off the clipper itself. You may eventually need new batteries & you cannot use these type of clippers with a cord.  

• Like 2

On 31/12/2019 at 2:24 PM, sheena said:

Is all this equipment & spare battery etc. needed when I just intend to use it to tidy up around the bum & legs?  

I personally in your case wouldn’t recommend cordless .

If your not doing it regular or it’s matted then battery life and spare battery is important if wanting to complete the job in one day .

I would just buy a decent corded pair and depending on what you consider tidying up just buy the extra blades .They come with a #10 which you can use to clip out belly strips ,inside thigh and depending on the pants a a #4,5 or 7 which you can also use like a clip on comb to skim over over clip shorter .

If coat matted far easier to use than a clip on comb 

i am a groomer but the clip on combs can’t do all the jobs so if you buy a 5/1 head you have very limited options .

We don t use the ones suggested as there not multi purpose enough .

At the end of the day it’s budget $$$ or $$$$$$$

At the very other end of the spectrum, one Christmas gift was an Anko (Kmart) cordless pet clipper, they are $37, and have had a very good report from horse owners with an unexpected good result on coat trimming including a full body clip by some people.  @sheena for the mostly 'rear-end only' use we are looking at, they might (or might not) be handy.  Have not tried them on Rheneas yet.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PossumCorner said:

At the very other end of the spectrum, one Christmas gift was an Anko (Kmart) cordless pet clipper, they are $37, and have had a very good report from horse owners with an unexpected good result on coat trimming including a full body clip by some people.  @sheena for the mostly 'rear-end only' use we are looking at, they might (or might not) be handy.  Have not tried them on Rheneas yet.

I might go & get a pair.  At that price I have nothing to lose.  Otherwise I will just continue to do it with the scissors

Many years ago I bought clippers from K Mart to use on a GSD that required frequent washes for a skin condition, year round. Think they were put out by Dr Harry. They did the job required of them, pretty sure they were corded, just used an outdoor rated extension lead with them and clipped my girl in the back yard.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, PANDI-GIRL said:

@sheena have you found a good solution,  cordless clipper or scissors  which is best for you

At the moment I am just using scissors, but am going to buy a cheap pair of clippers just to see how they go.  I am thinking he is going to freak out when I turn them on as it will remind him of the vets LOL

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jemappelle said:

There is a free app called Razor Prank that makes the noise and vibrates the phone.  I used it all over my Cav for a few weeks, starting off slowly down near her tail.  She is OK with the clippers now.

Thanks...I will try that out

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PossumCorner said:

The $37 Kmart cordless clippers did a good all over clip on Rheneas.  It was maybe a bit close, but in 10 days or so his coat is re-growing and looks okay.  Timing was good to save him from coping with the heat-wave in full coat.

I must check them out next time I am in town, thanks