CCTV Captures Footage of Brazen Dognapping From Popular Melbourne Street

Deeds

https://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/news/cctv-captures-brazen-dognapping-by-man-along-popular-melbourne-street/news-story/275713840504cb9736a8743d83d7d9b1

I don't know why dog owners continue to do this.  I've seen people walk off with dogs that aren't theirs whilst tied up outside shops.  I've seen people & children pat dogs tied up outside shops and dogs that have bitten the children & adults after being patted when the owner wasn't around.

I've seen off leash dogs in the main street try to attack dogs tied up outside shops.  And you still see dogs tied up outside local shops.  I'm surprised the Local Council doesn't fine them as Council apparently deems dogs tied up not to be under effective control.  But then they would have to fine all the off leash dogs walking around the suburb.  And they don't.  And why not.  IWC.

• Like 2

Who goes into a restaurant and leaves their dog tied up outside? Seriously, you are either going out to eat, or walking the dog... to try to do both at once is just ridiculous really.

That said, the guy who stole the dog needs a slap upside the head... grrr!

T.

I wouldn't leave my dog tied up outside a pub or restaurant to have a lengthy meal, but travelling solo with my dog in warmer months, staying at a country town caravan park, I have tied my dog up outside a shop briefly in order to buy takeaway food, newspaper etc. If I'm not allowed to leave my dog locked in a hot van, what other option is there? In bygone times, drovers used to tie up their horses & dogs outside country pubs.

I'd never do it, it's not safe in Sydney (I understand about out camping and just running in to grab milk and the newspaper :) ) but on the other hand, why shouldn't it be safe? Why do we need to worry about dog attacks and thieving scumbags? :mad 
Just a vent. I'm annoyed at the whole thing. 

• Sad 2

went to meet a friend at Macca's once,  we left our dogs in our car's, all windows down mind you.   we both doubted anyone would go near the cars.   our mutlies were Australian cattle dogs, best car alarm in the nation  :laugh:

as we headed out with our orders to eat with our dogs, who arrives to inspect "the dogs locked in cars? "  The local police.

obviously the caller was too scared to come close enough to realise there were no windows closed on the car's.

• Like 1

On 06/11/2022 at 3:18 PM, Deeds said:

I've seen off leash dogs in the main street try to attack dogs tied up outside shops.

In my previous life, a guide dog in training and myself were attacked by a  med/large dog tied up  outside shops in a busy area - its leash came undone, and it was NOT happy! Thankfully I fended it off, my dog was not hurt, but was temperamentally affected for some time :( 

• Sad 1

Years ago, my now ex took my beloved Woosie (a Rotti) for a walk up to the shops to buy us some fresh cinnamon donuts for morning tea. The silly bugger attached her lead to one of those A-frame signs out the front of the bakery shop... and she moved a little further than the reach of her lead for some reason causing the frame sign to make a noise when it moved across the concrete. Poor Woosie got a scare by that, and literally took off heading for home and her mummy to save her - home is about 1.5k from the shop, and she made it to within 200m of home dragging the noisy and scary frame sign behind her her before the ex finally caught up with her and removed it. He brought her home to me, then had to take the sign back to the store and make his apologies and pay for it to be fixed - it was a bit dinged up after it's travels... errr! To his credit, he did also get the donuts (and an extra 2 just for poor Woosie)... she kinda forgave him after that...

T.

• Haha 2

On 10/11/2022 at 9:02 PM, asal said:

went to meet a friend at Macca's once,  we left our dogs in our car's, all windows down mind you.   we both doubted anyone would go near the cars.   our mutlies were Australian cattle dogs, best car alarm in the nation  :laugh:

as we headed out with our orders to eat with our dogs, who arrives to inspect "the dogs locked in cars? "  The local police.

obviously the caller was too scared to come close enough to realise there were no windows closed on the car's.

Friends left their Dobe asleep in the back seat while they went into a servo. Had their car stolen, but found it a block away with door still open. Another time, they came home to find an intruder trapped in their wardrobe :laugh:

• Haha 4