Australian Terrier for rehoming soon

Hi all just putting this out into the Dogzonline community before advertising on broader Chanels next month. I have a lovely male red Aussie Terrier I am looking to re home. He is 11 months old, been raised with another Aussie terrier and also has a big dog friend. He is responsive to and interested in people, has a good recall, waits well for his dinner, waits to be let out of the car and crate, he shakes hands and knows the down command. He is not a big barker and pipes down when told to, accustomed to kids, being crated at night (though of course loves to sleep on bed too) and is kennelled in the yard if I am out for the day (brown snakes can be a worry here so I don't leave my dogs free in the yard when I am not home). He has been given best nutrition and all parasite controls and vaccinations when due. He is being desexed next Friday and I'd keep him on here for a further six weeks to let him adjust to his neutered status in his current home environment. He would be a great fit for any family, single or couple and I am particularly keen to hear from others who have owned an Aussie previously or is looking for another Aussie to provide companionship to their current Aussie. Rehoming fee to cover his costs to date.

I would love to post pics but cannot do it on my own.... will get help and post asap. In the mean time I can text pics to interested people direct from my phone.

Please be aware I am not in a rush, finding the right home for him is my goal and I prefer a Brisbane based home. Please do not ask for me to not get him desexed. I am looking for a pet home for him and at 11months he is well outside the age range considered "early" for desexing. I am open to a trial for him. Interested people must have a secure yard, and if he is to be the only dog a family with members who are genuinely around a fair bit and capable of being a good human friend to him.

Photos of Australian Terrier for rehoming soon. I tried adding these to the original post but it didn't seem to work. Apologies for my poor tech skills! (I am better with dogs!!)

Sorry folks, I was just told that posting photos online in forums like this can mean that other people may use them for scams - so I have removed them. 

Okay I have put photos up again this time with some writing on them! (Thanks for the tip Powerlegs)

IMG_0020.jpeg

IMG_0115.jpeg

Edited by Adrienne
re-instating photos this time with marks on them
  • Like 3

Isn't he lovely! I am just back from dropping him to my vet for desexing and he will be home late this afternoon. My other little Aussie is puzzled and looking everywhere for him. He is going to be a great little dog for someone, we are going to miss him when he goes.

IMG_0279.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi folks, Just to clarify as I have had some interest in this little dog. I am hoping to re home him into a family where he will have the company of another dog and a bit of family life about him. Anyone out there considering a second dog he is a great candidate for that. He is fine with children and has never met a cat. Not in a rush here and I am happy to talk at length, will require a meet and greet at your property before any decisions are made. He is desexed.

Here he is with his "pants" on which my Granddaughter fashioned for him. He is a very playful happy boy.

IMG_0276.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Little Gifts,

Thanks for your suggestion. I am reluctant to re-home little dog through a rescue because they require surrender and, he is not needing to be "rescued" - just needing another good home to go to. I don't do social media so that is a disadvantage for me in terms of getting the word out. I am not in a rush, I have made the decision to let him go and my change in circumstance won't occur until later in the year so I am giving myself a good amount of time to find a good match for him. I may advertise him on gumtree or trading post, I was hoping to avoid that because of the volume of calls that can happen! That said, he will only appeal to people who are simply looking for a healthy well-raised desexed pet so I won't be fielding calls from those desperate for an infant puppy or a stud dog! :laugh:

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dogsfevr, yes I have a good relationship with his breeder and they will help with rehoming him. I realise this is a rescue section, but posted here as a re-homing in case people were looking for a pet dog, passed the puppy stage and one with no trauma history or hang-ups. He is a great candidate for that and will make someone very happy, he has a great attitude and is a good looking little dog. Which other section of the forum might be more appropriate? I can re-post. 

• 1 month later...

Well this lovely dog is now being advertised on Gumtree so if anyone knows of anyone who might be suitable please search for his ad there (Brisbane City). As the ad states, price is negotiable, the home is not! I am rehoming him out of my breeding program as necessary, but WOW - very difficult and what a shame we can't keep them all .... ! I didn't breed him, but I've done the hard yards with him and he is still a very young dog and ready ready ready to fall head over heels for his new person :heart:

I'm not after another dog , but tell you what he's excatly what i would be looking for if i wanted one ,  well truthfully i've already said , the one i have is the first and last small dog i would ever get , but if i was going to buy another small dog it would certainly be an Aussie terrier , good luck , good hardy dogs  

• Like 1

sorry! Didn't see this coneye before I just posted in another topic :laugh:. That's what happens when one is trying to be on DOL, make coffee, and get all dogs breakfast at the same time.!