Virgin allowing dogs in cabins

Luvapoo

Virgin has announced it will allow small dogs and cats on domestic flights. 

I just can't see how this will be satisfactory for those travelling without pets. 

• Like 4

I remember the post about the farting dog on an overseas flight.  Apparently it was so bad it was reported in the media.  

When I was in France some years ago we went to an International Dog Show with over 16,000 dogs.  It was not unusual to be in the hotel lifts with Great Danes, Bernese Mountain dogs etc.  The dogs all stayed in the hotel rooms with their owners.

Some of the smaller dogs were on part of our flight home.  None of it was a problem and noone blinked even with the dogs in the hotel dining areas..  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Luvapoo said:

Virgin has announced it will allow small dogs and cats on domestic flights. 

I just can't see how this will be satisfactory for those travelling without pets. 

Most parts of the world have done it successfully for years without any problems.
Australians want more for their pets then dont want when its offered /suggested .
The biggest change in mindset will be Australians learning to embrace a dog crate & as so many are anti crates .
I just wish my dogs meet the criteria  & that criteria will eliminate most pets 

And you can already fly out of Melbourne on Qatar i  think it is to Dubai with dogs in crates in the cabin but comes with requirements too .

Edited by Dogsfevr
  • Like 3

Saw it a lot in the U.S. airports. Dogs trundling along in their soft crate wheelie, off for a journey with their owner. :) I feel like we've always been a bit behind here regarding dog friendly access to transport. 

One thing I didn't like was a squishy little crate that was made to fit under the seat. Would have been ok for a ferret or bunny, not a dog.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cannibalgoldfish said:

I read it was only for selected routes and selected flights, must be small enough to fit carrier under seat, no pets on laps. That could work, if you are allergic, avoid the pet flights :D

it is apparently only certain rows of seats too...

• Like 1

Is it just me who finds the "but what if I'm allergic?" comments stupid? Do dog allergies suddenly disappear if there's a guide/service dog around?

My understanding is that the animals are to remain crated the entire time they're in the cabin and there are to be dedicated rows allocated to them.

Personally I'd rather fly with a pet rather than experience the following: Parents slammed after video of toddler prompts “child-free” plane sections

• Like 3