Science Diet V Eukanuba

Hey!

I think that I may have made a wrong choice. :thumbsup:

I have changed my dogs dry food in the last 6 weeks. I wanted to buy Eukanuba but the shop I was at had run out and the guy suggested that I buy a bag of IAMS and then when he had stock buy the Eukanuba.

Anyway, bag of IAMS gone, brought a bag of EUKANUBA and it ran out on Sunday and I had nothing to do so me and my sis andher fiance went to this produce store.

I was lining up with the bag of Eukanuba and the 2 people behind the counter said that I should buy the Science diet because if you brought it and sent into your receipt you got your money back. It was an offer that was running. I contemplated on this for quite some time because it was only the 2kg senstive stomach and senstive skin variety.

I asked them would this upset my dogs tummys, how big were the pieces and they said it would be fine. It's not!!!! They hate it and not to mention the fact that it is an orange/mustard colour and looks gross. They also suggested to soak the biscuits if they were too big or didn't eat it.

I acn't believe I brought it!!!!!!! :clap:

I am buying a bag of Eukanuba tommorow night and I think I am going to give the bag of Science diet to my mums maltese who has senstive skin and hopefully he will eat it.

What do you think???

It's as much a matter of what works for the dog...some dogs like it and do well on it, others don't...as with all kibble really. At least you now know not to buy Hills for your mob as they don't appreciate it :eek:

Edited by KitKat

I have changed my dogs dry food in the last 6 weeks. I wanted to buy Eukanuba but the shop I was at had run out and the guy suggested that I buy a bag of IAMS and then when he had stock buy the Eukanuba.

:eek::hitself:

Did the shop happen to have a Purple Front with huge dog paws , and be near Frankston ???? .. :rolleyes: :noidea:

Ash...

I have changed my dogs dry food in the last 6 weeks.  I wanted to buy Eukanuba but the shop I was at had run out and the guy suggested that I buy a bag of IAMS and then when he had stock buy the Eukanuba. 

:eek::noidea:

Did the shop happen to have a Purple Front with huge dog paws , and be near Frankston ???? .. :rolleyes: :scold:

Ash...

:shrug:

Em&Taco are in QLD...so it's not that particular store :hitself:

If you don't want to return it and get your money back you could still use it, just add a little to their food each night mixed in with the Eukanuba, that way you won't have wasted your money.

Ta everyone.

I sent the docket in yesturday so hopefully it will be processes and I will get my money back soon.

I will try and mix it in again but they just sniff it and walk off. I will give to my mum when I get another bag of Eukanuba for them.

Silly mummy... she should have just bought the eukanuba!!!! :eek: That's probably what they boys are thinking!!!!!

Well, you're getting the $$ back anyway. Give it to mother dear it will eb good for the little guy she has.

But, i might just add that you let you dogs be fussy, they turn their nose up at one thing and you go and offer them something different, they have you wrapped around their little paws.

Certain biscuits have different ingredients & different smells so its always best to stick with what you now & wait if stocks arent in.I now i cant use hills on my dogs due to the wheat & corn ingredients as my breed can be intolerate

All of the premium dog foods are guarenteed by the manufactuers (so I was told by a pet store person)- so you can return them for a full refund. Even though you are getting a refund, I would call their customer service line and just let them know what you think...

This is a touch off the suject but has to do with the Science Diet .

I have this very old, old Siamese, he can only eat one brand of cat food and it's a cheap and nasty canned variety. We go crazy when our shop runs out as the cat would have to starve. Feed him anything else and he vomits , I got so sick of cleaning it up that I have not tried another cat food again. :eek:

Anyway, the vet that I work for suggested Science Diet ( as they all do ), I didn't want to buy a bag so I took some of the stock home from the cattery.

The cat loves it ( he loves anything food related) and he has not vomited. My cat would eat just about anything regardless of the consequences so he is not a good advert for fussy eaters food, but he has kept it down and he is now on his third day of the trial. :rolleyes:

We have tried Iams, Purina and every other brand known to man kind and this has been the one that works.

As for the taste, I tried it, I thought that it was bloody horrible, it tasted like cardboard, it had no flavour what so ever and would have to be one of the worst things I have eaten as far as lack of taste. So I can see why dogs and cats would think that Science Diet is boring and refuse to eat it.

I think that if you find a dry food that you pets like and they do well on it, stick to it, make sure that you buy it in bulk ( if you can and you can afford it) and always have a spare bag for just incase the store runs out.

I use both Eukanauba and Hills Science (for the dog with skin probs) have had no problems with palatability - but my dogs are not fussy and would eat no-frills if I put it in front of them - they don't mind "road kill" either if they find it before I do on our walks :eek: Did you introduce the food in the manner reccommended by the manufacturer in order to minimise the risk of upset tummy? If a dog won't eat - remove the food - it will eventually eat (of course , this may not be an appropriate response for very small breeds or those who are malnourished or otherwise compromised).

We have had a breakthrough!!!! OMG!!! :rolleyes:

When I got home last night, I held one of the biscuits (SD) out for Taco and Buckley and they had a sniff and to my suprise ate it!!!!! Then they started to eat it from the bowl.

I had about 1 1/2 cups of Eukanuba left when I went out to buy some more so I mixed that in but the instructions on the back did say for about 7 days to do that but as I only had a little left I mixed it in like that... as my intention was to buy Eukanuba.

I haven'y noticed any upset tummy, running poos or vomits yet. :eek:

I am going to the vet tonight for Taco's injections and both of them are having a check up so I will ask my vet what she reckons and will prpbaly buy another bag of Eukanuba. The pieces are so much smaller for little Taco and Buckley.

Apologies to those who appear a bit stressed that I ate the cat food.

I didn't sit down and have a meal of it, like most of the foods ( excluding the canned crap ) I have tasted a biscuit.

Other recommendations from my vaste experience of dog food eating, Box 1 tastes better than Farells.

Purina's not too bad, as is Bonnie, high on the boring list is Science Diet ( any variety). Pedigree and Supercoat puppy is quite milky :rolleyes:

Haven't you ever fed you dogs and wondered why it wouldn't eat it? :eek: Having tasted a few things I can understand why.

I have not started to bark or meow and have not suffered any side effects as far as i know :hitself: