Blade Sharpening

I have just received my blades back from being sharpened and to say I am disappointed is an understatement. (wont swear)

They are still dirty and have not been oiled. They were wrapped in what looked like toilet paper and then newspaper.

As I have only been in QLD for several months I would appreciate some advice as to who can be relied on to sharpen and service clipper blades.

Thanks in advance

If the one in Vic is the one I think it is (and it probably is as Charlie is a gem :happydance2: ) then it is well worth sending to them to be done from WHEREVER you are in this country. I can express post from Canberra on a Monday, including another return addressed express post envelope in the bag, and they will be back on the Wednesday in fantastic condition. They are just the best.

Could I have those details pretty please? Is there a contact number?

I've always used the same fellow, but he did such a terrible job last time that I had no appropriate blades that would work, had dogs here ready to do, etc etc. It was awful. Lost a days business and pissed of clients :happydance2:

The one I used was on the Gold Coast,QLD (no names). I emailed and asked what was included in the service and had a curt reply, Your blades have been sharpened.

Thanks for the posts on Charlie.

I searched google this morning and found

Animal Clipper Blades and Sharpeneing, name of Colin. (NSW)

Very nice on email and couldnt be more heplful, used to be in the industry. He has offered to test my blades free of charge. (I'll try them out tomorrow)

The one I used was on the Gold Coast,QLD (no names). I emailed and asked what was included in the service and had a curt reply, Your blades have been sharpened.

Thanks for the posts on Charlie.

I searched google this morning and found

Animal Clipper Blades and Sharpeneing, name of Colin. (NSW)

Very nice on email and couldnt be more heplful, used to be in the industry. He has offered to test my blades free of charge. (I'll try them out tomorrow)

I bought some blades off Colin and he was incredibly helpful. The blades I bought were supposed to fit the model clippers I had, but didn't. He sent me very detailed emails about some adjustments that could be made, including photos (mine are quite old, and have a slightly different tongue fitting than the ones he had), back and forth.

Incredibly helpful, no question was too difficult, and when I decided that I would rather stick with the same brand blades as clipper, it was no problem at all for him to exchange the blades.

I haven't used him to sharpen any blades yet, but if the customer service I have already received is any indication, I think he would be great. :rolleyes:

At the vets I work Panda - we weren't happy with ours either - so we ended up buying new ones. We figured the price we paid for sharpening with crappy results, it was cheaper to buy new ones when they went dull.

If you want I can find out for you who is the best place to have blades sharpened at - we were using a mobile sharpening service before - very dodgy:)

-WithEverythingIAm

PS - seeya the weekend :rolleyes: