The Best Kibble?

What kibble does your dog like the best?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. What kibble does your dog like the best?

• a) Supercoat
    • b) Optimum
    • c) Nutro
    • d) Winning Edge
    • e) Science Diet
    • f) Royal Canin
    • g) Nutrience
    • h) Advance
    • i) Eukalnuba
    • j) OTHERThats all I can think of, if it comes under the catagory of other can you please state which kibble?
    • Kennel Mix

I voted 'other'

My pups are raised on Advance, but for my older pups and adults, I now have them on Coprice and Big Dog The Edge BARF diet, they are doing wonderful, lovely shiny coats, full of energy, my old girl does not get the cracked nose she gets with food allergies nor the hot spots and itchy skin, though they are all a bit on the porky side, am just adjusting calorie levels to find a happy medium

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barkly gets Chum/pedigree/lucky dog .. whatevers cheap..

How come you don't have them both on BARF? :D

My thoughts exactly. Also, why would you feed one dog BARF and the other on "chum/pedigree/lucky dog"...these are dreadful in terms of the nutrition they offer, which is why they're cheap...and most dogs will "survive" on them but they surely won't thrive. Cheap foods mean that you have to feed a much larger quantity and you know what that means? Most of it passes right through the dog and you might as well not feed it at all. :eek:

My older dog spent most of his life on Chum kibble and Pal meaty bites kibble...he always looked stunning, soft glossy coat, nice white teeth, well built, no farts, poo was no bigger then on Supercoat or Iams for that matter, clear bright eyes, nice enough breath...blah blah blah.

Mind you my dogs aren't fed those types anymore, nor will with. But...some dogs can thrive on it... :eek:

"The best food for your dog is the food it does best on" :D But i must admit i'd think it would be easier to feed both on Barf if one dog is already getting Barf?

two very healthy greyhounds here - both on 80% raw and 20% evo

(voted other)

mmmmm, actually there's three here a the moment (almost forgot about her she's so good :D ) - all fed the same

AnnieK

edited because it seems I can't add up to 100 - I blame the heat!

Edited by anniek

Was feeding our BC pup Purina One, and she was looking quite good on it. Coat was nice and shiney, plenty of energy. But switched to Eukanuba Medium Puppy, as the vet said it will help a lot more with her growth, and doesn't need anything else in her diet. Is going well on it, has seemed to put on a bit of weight and nice coat, plenty of energy, and very intelligent. Even though its a bit dearer, will probably stay on eukanuba for the first year, as it seems to be doing well for her.

• 3 weeks later...

My Boxer is on Eukanuba, & BigDogPetFoods "Weaner" (BARF DIET), He LOVES his meat & Bikkies now:) Used to begrudgingly eat Supercoat Active bikkies, but wolfs down his Eukanuba.

Fat Lab is now restricted to "Hills Perscription r/d" ONLY!!! She's gonna HATE me for not giving her meat anymore, but hopefully it'll only be for a few months, then we can go back to meaty BARF diet with some w/d thrown in. Will have to feed their night meal seperately now:)

-WithEverythingIAm

I use Purina One from the supermarket. I suspect that its the same as proplan - the ingredients on the pack look the same. The only kibble that doesnt seem to have animal by products is Science Diet. Science Diet and Purina One are the only ones Ive tried that my whippet hasnt rejected after a good sniff. I must admit some do smell pretty awful!