Pet Food Survey - For Colledge ;)

Chicken of Beef?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. What (meat) do you prefer feed your dogs??

• Raw chicken mince
    • Cooked Chicken Mince
    • Raw Beef Mince
    • Cooked Beef Mince
    • pre packaged, processed meat 'rolls'
    • Canned food
  2. 2. Which Dry food Do you prefer?

• Eagle Pack
    • Eukanuba
    • Iams
    • Royal Canin
    • Advance
    • Science Diet
    • Supercoat
    • Pedigree Pal
    • Pro Plan
    • Other.. Please specify with reply
  3. 3. Which do you prefer to 'Add' To your dogs dinner

• Raw Bones
    • Chicken Necks
    • Chicken Wings
    • Chicken Frames
    • Lambs Heart
    • Beef Liver
    • Other.. Please specify in reply

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there

I have voted but could only choose one option in each box. My answers if I could choose more would be:

I feed raw chicken mince and raw beef mince - roo mince gives one of my Weis the runs.

I feed a 50/50 mix of Eagle Pack and Pro Plan - My dog gets Eagle Pack Performance and Pro Plan Performance and my bitch gets Eagle Pack natural and Pro Plan Large Breed.

I add chicken frames, chicken wings, chicken necks, turkey necks, sardines, tinned mackeral and meaty bones.

My dogs also get pig snouts, pigs ears and dried meaty bones as treats.

On this diet they are healthy, happy and have heaps of energy - my dogs do conformation showing, tracking, obedience and retreival trials - neither of them would eat the advance energy food we got given at the endurance trial last year but next doors beagles throught all their christmases had come at once - oh, and they wont eat Science diet either but both think Optimum dry food and canned food is doggy MacDonalds.

I couldn't vote as there weren't the right options. I needed 'none of the above' for the first and second question and the ability to choose more than one of the choice in the third question.

Jyra gets boiling chickens, chicken carcasses, lamb necks, pork bones, lamb or ox heart, ox cheek, ox tongue, pet quality beef or kangaroo steak, tinned sardines, tinned mackeral, egg, liver, brains, kidneys, chicken giblets. Everything except the fish is raw and most of it is human grade except where specified.

My dogs get a modified BARF diet (with a little kibble included).

At the moment their kibble is Advance Lite & Mature but I prefer Eagle Pack - they don't :(

They get Natural Yoghurt each day plus raw meat/bones in some form - never cooked and I use all the meat you mentioned plus heart, liver, kidneys. They get sardines 2-3 times a week.

Veges include carrot, pumpkin, greens, potato - basically everything - it's mixed in with the yoghurt.

They also get flaxseed oil, fish oil and evening primrose oil every day.

One girl is currently on Supercoat Puppy and satin balls plus all mentioned above to gain weight.

:):):)

Shame you can't have a multi pick.

We swap and change:

Royal Canin

Chicken Mince

Raw Bones

Chicken frames, wings etc

Veges (cooked and raw)

Fruit

Oil

Tuna and Sardines

Eggs

Vitamins

Offel (sp?)

Little bit of cheese on top

Lactose free milk as a treat

There's most probably more..........................

Hope this helps.

I give my two either Supercoat, Purina or Optimum in the mornings (light formula) & a mix of Nature's Gift canned food with rice & vegies at night. Mick is on a calorie controlled diet for his diabetes.

Mia was on a fresh chicken mince mix when I got her & jeez, the smells that came out of that dog! I kept her on it for a little while but it gave her TERRIBLE wind & breath. She also had a very coarse & dry coat when I got her. She is now doing very well on her current diet with no farts & her coat is smooth & shiny :(

Edited by BlindChi

Guest LittlePixie
Just to let Little Pixie know that Nutrience Holistic is now available in Australia. It is duck based.

Sags

I've been bugging the rep about it and last time I asked her (few weeks ago) she said "Not yet but soon!"

I will pass that on to her and tell her to hurry up and supply it :( Thank you :)

Problems with foods:

Eagle Pack - Bondi would spit half of the biscuits out onto the floor and not eat them (either due to her fussyness, or the Boxer shaped mouth , which I have found makes it hard for her to eat smaller bikkies (they get caught under her lips)

Pedigree Pal- Bondi looses weight on it, Barkly gets fed this and chum and lucky dog though :) Gives Bondi dandruff

Royal Canin- This food was GREAT! Bondi LOVED the taste, kept her weight on and could actually eat it! But she got sick shortly after I started feeding it, and although both me and the Vet didnt think it was connected, better to be safe than sorry :)

Optimum Puppy- This is what Bondi gets at the moment, as it has the highest fat content that I could find. She looks excellent! She gets chicken mince mixed in with it (as well as the occasional bones)

Good luck with business school Roxie!! :(

Our adult dogs are fed a homemade cooked mixture of chicken mince, rice, vegetables with garlic and rosemary. Supplemented with raw chicken frames, lamb offcuts and beef bones. They also get Coprice working dog dry food. We have tried a lot of premium dry foods and our dogs do very well on this brand, it is locally made by an Australian company using no artificial additives. The animal nutritionist for the company is a friend.

Our last puppies were raised on Advance puppy food with lots of fresh meat and bones. We have used Supercoat in the past, but the formula must have been changed and now doesn't agree with the dogs.

Dog food we use is Coprice working dog as it what i have takenm a like too..

After using Hill, Super Coat, Purina, Pal i have found pearls coat and physically better....

thats will do if you want anything else just ask me :o

Have fun!!!

Dry - Supercoat 1 small cup

& a selection off ;

Chicken necks

chuck steak -raw

sardines

rice

vegies

fruit

left over cat food

yoghurt

low fat cheese

oatmeal biscuit and 1/2 cup tea (no caffeine) when we have our evening coffee :D

chicken frames , roo meat when it's available

bones

crabs when she catches her own :o

about 60% of her diet is raw

Rarely use canned food but if I do use it it's Natures Gift.

Edited by Christina77