What Has Your Puppy Destroyed

kamuzz

We have had Coda for about three weeks now.

Attached are some photos of his current wave of destruction.

I can't find a toy that he likes. Any suggestion on what you give dogs who like to shred things? Like tea towels and dish clothes?

Not to mention the cover on our spa and the lounge cushions.

post-2393-1148774025_thumb.jpg

post-2393-1148774050_thumb.jpg

post-2393-1148774068_thumb.jpg

post-2393-1148774088_thumb.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bruno has removed the stuffing and squeakers from two ducks ;) . For the rest hasn't done much damage.

I bought him a toy that looks like a snake and has soft and hard balls on it. I give that to him whenever he starts to chew and this works well.

Bruno and his sister have a favourite spot in the yard where they like to make a "little" hollow to sleep in, this I did back in every week or so.

Corky has learned what she is not allowed to chew. Now she doesn't chew the rug, the coffee table, the wall, the chairs, the dog baskets, my feet/toes, the couch or the cushions. It meant watching her like a hawk, but she shows no interest in those things now. She DID manage to discover the big basket full of new toilet rolls in the guest toilet, and had a fine old time in there... Came into the lounge room with toilet paper hanging out of her mouth... "I didn't do anything!" ;) She has a cardboard box which she has made a hole in the side so she can walk in and out of it. It works best when you bite the big dog, then run into the box. I bought lots of toys, so the lounge room looks as if we have 5 demented toddlers living here, not one puppy. (The big dog is clean, tidy and quiet.) The cardboard box has been the best toy ever!

Our 5 month old GSD along with our 16 month Staffy x (who is coerced into being naughty) have destroyed: one patio swing cushion, numerous bed blankets including a heshian mattress (which I may add are pulled out all over the yard every morning around 5am), numerous kids toys, outdoor furniture cushions and snapped a matching sun lounge, the protective mats off the trampoline, a foam mattress which was in the garage when OH forgot to close the door one night, she has eaten part of my sons Star Wars Battery powered bike, bowls galore and the yard looks like the surface of the moon.

I got a lovely pair of thongs a few birthdays ago with blue sparkling thingies on the top and I was in love with them ;) My Stafford puppy decided he liked the left one and ate it :) So I went and bought another pair and I saw the pink ones and bought those instead. Well my dog saw the new pair and couldn't resist so he chewed the right one :rofl:

I gave up buying more and now I have a pink one and a blue one :rofl: Used to wear them all the time LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Wore them so much I don't have them anymore LOL!!!!

Oh well, he doesn't chew anything anymore (even now I have baby toys all over the floor he knows they aren't his).

Cheers,

Beck

Guest Wombat101

This was the dogs Futon that they sleep on and aparently chew during the day, very lovingly ruined by one of my fosters! You can only laugh sometimes.

Ha - NOTHING!!

The last thing destroyed by a puppy was the top of a leather top boot, 11 years ago. She has never touched another shoe!

My dogs and pups have strict rules about rough playing. Even though they are always carrying around toys and clothing - socks, undies, bras are a favourite - they never, ever damage them. Teddies usually last for years, blankies just wear out. It probably helps that they are very gentle with whatever goes in their mouths. They can even carry around a feather for days.

And we're talking 31 pups in the last few years and 5 were-pups-now-grown-up big dogs.

AND they all live inside!

And the garden is intact and thriving! Beat that!!

the futon reminds me of when we were visiting friends.

Their dogs slept in the "dog room" every night where it was stored no problems.

My two dogs slept in the "dog room" by themselves, the futon was fine

we put the five dogs to sleep in the "dog room" and next morning the futon was from one end of the room to the other ;)

worse my golden retriever puppy has done is tear up carpet in rented premises, need to get that fixed damm fast moving week after next :)

I had a beautiful pair of vintage Bruno Magli stilettos from the 50's- fit perfectly, great colour,really comfortable- irreplaceable. :)

My two year old boy one night that I was out was left inside in sympathy because it was freezing outside. What a nice mummy I am.

I came home to find that he had pulled my stiletto out of the cupboard, chewed the front half of it and then because it obviously hadn't tasted that great, he'd vomited it back up in a nice neat pile. :rofl: Nearly had a shortened life span that one!!!

He has since turned over a new leaf and has a teddy that he has mothered for nearly five years. The girls don't touch it, he just carries it around the house and even keeps it on his bed when he sleeps. If he really likes someone who comes to visit, he proudly presents them with the teddy!! ;)

you really want to know?

Where do i start? i had a list in general somewhere

Ats best would have to have been the futon, the beanbag (2 years later i still find beans) countless shoes, both review mirrors of my car

Kaos has had one mobile phone and 2 house phones, my work bag with all my work stuff in it - ALL her bedding, and plenty more!!

ahh, gotta love them!

The whippet

5 phone chargers

2 computer charger cords

1 hair straightener

about 11 shoes

a cat scratch pole

ripped up the corner of the couch

2 doormats

1 dog bed

5 blankets shredded

1 telephone book

1 novel

2 brooms

1 mop

several water bowls

Luckily she isn't into clothes

Grey pup

Helped with one shoe and a broom

1 potplant

I think we learnt our lesson with the whippet.

The lab

Floppy disk which cost $700 to replace

Furniture

Every book in the house had his teeth marks

I swear he used to pooh up the walls.

The carpets

The garden

We had to get the fire brigade in when he managed to get his head stuck between the gate post and the house wall.( I was about to give him a wallop for barking .This was before I changed sides so to speak)

My dislocated thumb. I fell out of bed when the B** was peeing and poohing inside our flat when he was 18 months old in my rush to have a discourse with him.

I broke two leads on him, until I got smart and got some strong ones.

He used to hassle the cats when they poohed so he could eat it.

He is now a lovely dog, and I wouldn't trade him for anything

Our Poodle

So far she ate the DC cord on my phone's charger. It was dangling in her crate.

Lab 11 on the Richter scale

Poodle , maybe 2.

;) Dont you just luv a shepherd.

Kim the GSD 1x $1800.00 brand new rosewood dressing table chewed the face off 2 draws, shredded a feather pillow, the legs on oposite sides and ends of a $4000.00 wooden bed,4 mobile phones tv remotes then I found rawhide bones, Oliver (GSD)has wrecked nothing that I can think of, and Elka(GSD) has been very good until son and dog moved in now they try to mutilate the clothes on the line they have trashed the garden and wreck my pot plants sprinkler systems and hose fittings are a wrecking zone the cord off the hydrobath and the list goes on, they do not get left unattended in the house anymore :)

;) :):rofl:

I have just been sitting here giggling to my self!! So funny!!!

Bailey hmm.......where do I start!!

My favorite was when he managed to get my bathroom draw down, the one that was full of bobby pins, hair clips, hairbands, you know all that sort of stuff!! I came home from work to find our entire living room covered with chewed up bobby pins and hair clips, not a single clips survived and I still find bits of clips every now and then......

Then there was the time that he managed to drag a pot plant from the balcony through our living room spilling dirt everywhere and I had managed to water them that morning before I left for work!! I still haven't told my DH about that one!! ;)

Nearly all my books have teeth marks and one of the funniest was when he got a whole six pack of toilet paper and chewed and threw it around our living room, I thought it was snowing when I got home!!!

I think the worset was when he chewed through the foxtel cable!! DH didn't talk to him for a week :rofl:

They can certainly make you laugh!!!

:) we must be very lucky....a couple of shoelaces is all.. a lot of the toys (soft bunnies,balls etc) are 4th hand! One in particular is now nearly 20 yrs and 4 dogs old!! It gets carried around everywhere,but never chewed.

The cats wreck far more! Tissues,potplants,pens,artificial flowers.... ;)

Edited by persephone

:laugh: OMG where does one start.

Wally a silky trerrier X is 6 now and very well behaved but in his puppyhood he destroyed my work mobile phone and several library books, all of which cost me money to replace :rofl:

Flynn a Smithfield (now nearly two) and much bigger has destroyed

Daughters thongs brought back from USA working holiday

Daughter no.2 new pair of shoes

library books

hoses

any clothing left in his reach

cushions

electrical cords

roofing iron left by builders

chooks (yes my other pets)

but the most humerous was the instructions of how to build a shed, which was left by the deliverer with the shed while in parts. OH took months to track down a new instruction sheet.

Don't worry puppy owners, most of them do grow out of it. Just keep them exhausted by lost of fun and exercise, and give lots of raw meaty bones to cut those teeth on. Just think of how uncomfortable dogs are when they are teething, they just need to BITE into something, just to help those new teeth through.

Cheers Netti

I must be very lucky, although we have a large selection of toys! cant see the floor because of them!

Cooper loves to chew us, which he is slowly but surely learning is NOT allowed, otherwise he loves ripping up newspaper/cardboard, his favourite toy a plush teddy and a tug rope which i have soaked in chicken stock! *YUM*, also pig's ears work a treat keep him entertained for hours! Anything thats rubber also.

The garden is looking a bit drab now, pansies have been eaten, mandarins strewn across the garden and mint hanging out of his mouth! LOL

Gotta love em' :laugh:

Where do i start ....The new puppy who is 10 months old has done the following....

4 chairs to a brand new outdoor setting :p

All the electricals of the trailer not once but twice ( got to admire persistance :laugh: )

9 year old sons bike helmet...found her under his bed helmet literally chewed in half

Any toys that can be stolen...WILL be stolen and demolished

Almost every plant in a pot is no more (I do not think she liked the chilli plant though :rofl: )

The Austar cable is now hidden behind a big pot

Shoes and underwear are also faves ( men and children must learn to close laundry door :rofl: )

Remote control to X-box (son was not happy :rofl: )