End Of The Year

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm thats a good question

We had a bad year this year connor has been through the wars and we've come out the other end not knowing whether he will get to compete at all however this year we had a lot of fun.

Goals for next year would be to get connors leg back to normal and maybe go for his novice and open title it will all depend on him and how he responds to treatment. I hope to have another dog in training ready for novice at the latter end of the year

WE're going to give tracking a look for something for connor to do if his leg isnt up to scratch as hes an active dog and needs brain food of some sort so really we are very up in the air

I would have to say my JRT girl gaining her Dual Championship title. I still haven't applied for an animal report but as far as we know Pippa is the first JRT with her Tracking Champion Title :)

On top of that I would also add that I am extreamly happy that we made it into the Obedience ring this year. We didn't pass but the fact that we had a go was a great feeling. :thumbsup:

It's obedience all the way next year..... :o

Title wise my weim got his TD and then TDX titles, but overall i guess the biggest acheivemnt was to get my collie who is a a much less natural tracking dog her TD and two further passes to her TDX.

Aside from that we have just done a lot of quiet work away from competition and it has shown in the weims general confidence level and maturity has improved heaps, and hopefully that will be demonstrated next year in the obedience ring.

Goals for next year, well we hope for two tracking champions, passes in obedience for both dogs, the collie national obedience trial, a second PT pass in herding. Im currently in training for endurance and hopefully one or both dogs will commence training for that when the cold weather returns. But most of all just to get through a year injury free and the tails still wagging.

Oopps.....I forgot about the Weis :o

Our boy gained his Tracking Championship this year making him a Dual Ch.

Our older girl gained her UD title, my mum handles her and if she gains those last five passes in UD for OC she will be the first Triple Champion Wei in the History of the breed in Auz.

Fingers crossed for next year :thumbsup:

Guess i'll answer my own question now!

what is it that you have achieved the most with your dog/s this year???

The biggest and best thing that I have achieved with Leo is the huge step forward we have achieved in our team work together. He and I really seem to have bonded this year, which sounds weird as he has always been solely my dog, but our understanding and ability to work well together. He has matured a lot this year and I have learnt a lot. I don't know how to explain it but i'm just really pleased with how we work together now (not that it was terrible before!).

We have also achieved 2 legs toward our CCD which is great considering how stressed I get!

What are your aims for next year?????

To get started in our agility and gain our CCD & CD... I have 7 titles I hope to get, but won't be dissapointed if we don't get there!

I also hope to get my 'puppy' ready for showing and well on the way for obedience and agility..... hopefully the one I am bringing home is right for me as she is not from the litter I initially was looking at and slightly older!

Ted finally got his CD - aged 9!!! :thumbsup: I won't take him beyond that - out of sight stays are just too stressful for him. :o

Lil got her CCD - she'll go on to CD next year. Perhaps a JDX also.

Darcy got his AD, JD, JDX, SPD and ET. Next year I hope to get some more agility titles and perhaps his CCD and CD..

I was wondering - what is it that you have achieved the most with your dog/s this year??? What are your aims for next year????? What are you most proud of your teamwork with your dog this year?

Well i already posted my main achievements

http://forums.dogzonline.com.au/index.php?showtopic=83493

my goals for next year is to try and sleep more , find more energy and stay healthy and Happy

then my dogs will get feed so they will be happy.

I hope my dogs achieve the following

Abigail obtain Advance Titles in B Course Sheep and Ducks and A Course Duck would like to be close too or have her Herding championship. And also compete at 3 sheep and field trials

Cybil same as abigail as well as a few breed Shows

Sally hope to get started titles in all 4 courses and well towards intermediate or advanced

Rebel hope to gets his CH Title this year and compete well in A & B Courses don't care if he doesn't qualify as long as he goes well.

Trim like to see her gain more power and gain her test passes and be well on her way to trialing.

and would also like to get my cat enclosure finished

Tracey

forgot to also mention would like to start competing in Agility by the end of the year if i can slow her down enough and get some control

Edited by fidelis Border Collies

Well, snoopy jock and I had some achievements but they are not nearly as spectacular as evryone elses

1)snoopy finally can be taken out in public with out trying to eat evry other dog,

2)Jock learnt stay,drop,sit,come and spin

3)they are both competing in agility

4)snoopy and jock can both be let off their leashes

So thats a few our goals for next year are to gain at least one title with each dog! and maybe to get jock into pets as therapy!

I lost my old border, Moss, at 15yo. RIP Moss. A new fluffball came into my life, Brock. Brock's training is going well, our aim is trialling but it is nice to see the work pay off in everyday life situations and he is lovely to have around.

Might go for CCD next year but am not in a hurry.

Moses did his first obedience trial in July, and got first in CCD, we then did a double trial, and got the rest of his title, and he became first dog to get CCD in Victoria under the new rules. We will be in the VCA Gazette in January. Moses then went onto get his CD title in September. Next year may do some work towards open title, need to work on and build up the out of site sit stay.

Working on new pup. May look into doing herding. Also Moses did an internet add and got paid $500.00.

Moses and Josh both got their Australian Flyball Champion titles in Flyball.

Edited by CrashTestDummy

Like Leopuppy, this year Bob and I have really worked well as a team. And although we always did, it somehow has just come together for both of us. Maybe it was because around the time Bob turned 3 in October, he finally seemed to grow some brains. :thumbsup:

We've been doing Advanced obedience for a few months and although sometimes we struggle, I figure it's not too bad for a dog and handler that was told by an instructor that the dog would never amount to anything, and would never be trusted off lead, and that I should just accept that.

This year has been a great learning experience for me.

Well, snoopy jock and I had some achievements but they are not nearly as spectacular as evryone elses

1)snoopy finally can be taken out in public with out trying to eat evry other dog,

2)Jock learnt stay,drop,sit,come and spin

3)they are both competing in agility

4)snoopy and jock can both be let off their leashes

So thats a few our goals for next year are to gain at least one title with each dog! and maybe to get jock into pets as therapy!

well i don't know about you but i think these sort of achievements are sometime the hardest ones to get makes our furkids better dogs and ultimately that is what its all about

Tracey

We have had an excellent year!!

In only a few months Ramses has gone from begginers, to class 1 spent 1 month there and went to class 2 spent a few months there BUT then got promoted to class 3!!!! All before his 1st birthday!

I set my mind to obed trial with him and become an instructor so we are working on that!

We have done everything as a team esp. to get into class three the next step is class four which is trialling level!

I had a great year, I learnt how to clicker train and I met some fantastic people (esp Stella!) who have helped me heaps to understand this new fandangled thing called dog training! lol

Next year I hope to start trialling in CCD and do some more freestyle and agility

Edited by shoemonster

Mines not as much to brag as you lot because we dont have any fun stuff obedience agility etc here and it is a bit hard to train a dog with no one to train with.

Our Achievements---- the top would be Elka getting 5 BIS and 3RIS and her championship.

And Oliver getting his championship and actually beating Elka for a bob and getting his 1st group.

And Kim for being just Kim, and keeping the other two in line.