Sweet Dreams Forever

WreckitWhippet

Whilst reading through the rescue forum, I saw the usual and very sad pleas for the many dogs in DAS. I watched and I waited and I couldn't undertand why no one wanted and no one collected this beautiful Stafford girl. The last few hours were ticking down and I couldn't let this girl go to the bridge.

She arrived a very very sad Stafford, two weeks of anti-biotics saw her return to the bright, energetic and loving Stafford that she must have been in her early years. She became my friend and I saw so much of my MiMi in her, she had a look and a touch that could comfort me.

I began to think a couple of days ago that I had infact rescued a pregnant Sarah Stafford , I checked for movement and could find no babies. My darling Sarah just didn't look right. I took her to my vet yesterday and we could see some tumours and knew that there was bleeding. I nearly lost her last night, she mustered the energy and the will to give me one last beautiful picture that I will always treasure.

Sarah Stafford marched into the surgery, tail wagging and suprised the vets with how youthful she looked and so surgery began. We have left Sarah Stafford sleeping on the operating table. Her body was full of tumours, her liver and her splean.

Those that met Sarah know what a special girl she was , she could melt a heart in an instant.

I will always remember her as the girl that got the boys going, the girl who barked like crazy when you clapped your hands, the girl who always wanted to show you her belly and most of all the girl who could never give enough love.

This week has been like no other , we have had

Sweet dreams forever Sarah Stafford, Mimi and Dude are waiting for you and I know you are all waiting patiently by the gate, for me to join you.

post-4363-1169173057_thumb.jpg

Sarah Stafford certainly was a girl whom melted hearts even that of my hubby.

She will always be remembered here for her sweeter then sweet nature, her love of cuddles, and her amazing ability to make you smile.

Rest easy Sarah girl run free and have fun with the other doggies at the bridge.