Nice Smelling Shampoo !

beaglenewb

All I can say to this conversation is this:

"Alloveen... you KNOW what I mean" :rolleyes:

Who remembers John Lawz with his "Valvoline" adverts - our younger viewers may not remember this, but I am happy to remind them of tell them in bedtime story format (ie whatever works for them) HA HA HA

:mad

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used Dove Anti-Dandruff shampoo with really good results. It smells nice during and after washing, it doesn't leave scurf in the coat and it conditions as well - our dogs coats are always gleaming and soft afterwards (only lasts a nano-second before they start rolling). Have stopped washing Chester in anything that smells too much though - he gets very 'amorous' with anything that moves after he's been washed and is smelling pretty, the little studmuffin LOL

is that human shampoo? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know. I had the same reservations but the lady who bred our dogs told us about it (and she's been breeding and showing successfully for well over 20 yrs) and we tried it with no ill effects. I don't use it on our girl with sensitive skin - we use one with oatmeal in (can't remember the name) but on the others it works a treat.

Honestly, I know that all of the "experts" say you shouldn't use human shampoos on dogs but to be honest, I've been using various combinations of human shampoos on all of my dogs for the past 20 years and can count on less than one FINGER the number of problems I have had with skin reactions, allergies etc. A lot of it is in the rinsing, conditioning and FEEDING!!!

The Fidos range has a great smell ,I use Fidos everyday in my grooming salon,my customers love it.

Ditto. Fidos (I mostly use the 'herbal') has a pleasant and very long lasting smell. May last a week. And it's a good shampoo as well.

Edited by sandgrubber

I've tried Fidos, Biogroom, Plush Puppy, Groomers Edge and Squirt. My favs (for other reasons as well as scent) are Plush Puppy & Groomers Edge, but I also like

the Fidos range, the conditioner, macadamia and something (green coloured) is really good. Leaves the coat feeling very soft and almost edible :)

I remember seeing a thread when I first got Max about Plush Puppy so I raced out and bought it. Got to say I couldn't smell it even a day after we had bathed him. :)

I use Aloveen now and even pantene....I know what people will say :cheer: but we have never had a problem with it. And it smells for way longer than a day :thumbsup:

Honestly, I know that all of the "experts" say you shouldn't use human shampoos on dogs but to be honest, I've been using various combinations of human shampoos on all of my dogs for the past 20 years and can count on less than one FINGER the number of problems I have had with skin reactions, allergies etc. A lot of it is in the rinsing, conditioning and FEEDING!!!

Pantene conditioner is gorgeous on the dogs as well. Leaves them glossy and smelling good for ages.

I use plush puppy for my 'show dog' and I love the smell of it.

I also quite like the oakwood shampoo.

But in terms of keeping the dogs really clean, whites white and a smell that still smells *really* nice after a dip in a stinky dam.... it is this pink shampoo stuff. I'll hunt up the name of the stuff for you - I think you get it from Qld or something - not sure..... but I love it!

But in terms of keeping the dogs really clean, whites white and a smell that still smells *really* nice after a dip in a stinky dam.... it is this pink shampoo stuff. I'll hunt up the name of the stuff for you - I think you get it from Qld or something - not sure..... but I love it!

hey leopuppy04,

are you thinking of the Petway supergroom pink shampoo with essential oils?They also now have an aroma care shampoo as well which is the same shampoo but with lavender essential olis in it and is purple.Smells divine

The aroma care spray with essential oils of lavender and chamomile is an beautiful deoderising spray that lasts for days as well

julie

hey leopuppy04,

are you thinking of the Petway supergroom pink shampoo with essential oils?They also now have an aroma care shampoo as well which is the same shampoo but with lavender essential olis in it and is purple.Smells divine

The aroma care spray with essential oils of lavender and chamomile is an beautiful deoderising spray that lasts for days as well

julie

Yep - thats the one!!!! LOL - how on earth did you get that out so quick?!?! :hug: Where can I get it from in Vic? Do you stock them? I won't be running out for a while, but when I do I want some more - the stuff is fab - smells great and for a shampoo that isn't specifically for whites, it really does bring out the whites well :rofl:.

hey leopuppy04,

julie

Yep - thats the one!!!! LOL - how on earth did you get that out so quick?!?! :thumbsup: Where can I get it from in Vic? Do you stock them? I won't be running out for a while, but when I do I want some more - the stuff is fab - smells great and for a shampoo that isn't specifically for whites, it really does bring out the whites well :laugh:.

i use it in my dog grooming business,not sure where you can get it from in Vic but i can order in it.Have you tried the aroma shampoo and the spray?

julie

I don't usually use shampoo on my boys but when I do it is Fido's puppy and kitten shampoo (I love the smell).

Normally we just use the Fido's Free-Itch rinse in the hydrobath. Once they are dry we then spray them with Fido's coat conditioner and give them a good brush.

My favourite was a coat conditioner that smelt like bubblegum but we can't seem to find it anymore (not sure what it was called).