Sardines In Vegetable Oil

Mim

nothing wrong with the veggie oil ones - but i tend to be a bit wary of them coz they are usually soy oil (akitas are soy intollerant) if i can only get the oil (i usually get the springwater ones) i pour as much oil off as possible before addng to the bowl :thumbsup:

I give our Dogs Sardines in Veggie oil they love it and haven't had any Problems with it.

me too!!

my dogs LOVE them.

but i was wondering with the high salt content in the sardines, is it good to feed regularly?

I give our Dogs Sardines in Veggie oil they love it and haven't had any Problems with it.

me too!!

my dogs LOVE them.

but i was wondering with the high salt content in the sardines, is it good to feed regularly?

I feed ours them once or twice a week with rice and Veggie's

We get those Coles/cheapie ones too :)

OH accidently bought ones in tomato sauce once :D

Rosie loves em - I usually mash half a tin or a tin of them with her dry food.

She won't eat dry food plain normally.

Yep! Same here :)

I won't feed them if they have spring water (rather than oil) - it's the oily fish you want :thanks:

The fish have oil if they are in springwater. It is the fish that have the oil.... literally. The rest is added oil and is not the same as fish oil... in fact vegetable oil is vegetable oil.... fish oil is fish oil. :D

If your dog is prone to weight problems feed them sardines in springwater. Also, som edogs will have loose motions if they ingest too much oil and so feeding them sardines in oil may upset their stomach.

Because I have Pugs and they are prone to weight gain I only feed them sardines in springwater.

I usually give mine the Coles brand of Sardines in Oil but they had none today, obviously because of people like "Tim Fairchild" who buy 20 at a time :)

I bought some mackeral for them today and hoping they like that. I also give them cheapo tuna in oil.