Kids Tormenting Dogs Through The Fence

Staffyluv

I wish I was home to see it as I would have taken photos for sure...

My son was home and heard Ziggy barking in the yard so went to investigate...

The kids over the back were poking their cricket stump through the fence and every time Ziggy went near it they pulled it back, so he would bark and they did it again.

My son was just about to step from behind the shed and tell them to stop tormenting him when Ziggy got the stump and pulled it all the way through and then run around the yard like he was victorious...

The kids were yelling for him to give it back but none were brave enough to come over the fence and get it (not that Ziggy would do anything if they did, other than run so they had to chase him)...

So tonight he is sitting here chewing up his spoils...

That will teach the little buggers to torment him with their toys... I hope.

For the record if I had been home I would have lobbed it back over the fence for them, my son is not so forgiving of them tormenting him, so chose not to... There is no point giving it back now as it is in about 10 pieces (and was when I got I home)...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record if I had been home I would have lobbed it back over the fence for them, my son is not so forgiving of them tormenting him, so chose not to... There is no point giving it back now as it is in about 10 pieces (and was when I got I home)...

I'd throw the 10 pieces back over the fence tomorrow :laugh:

I like it..but I'd block the fence .. next thing they poke thru may be something not nice....

:( I cant stand kids like that :mad: their parents need a good slap in the head!!

My grandfather used to have the same problem with the neighbours kids, now just picture " the sandlot kids" hahaha

his dane cross has alot of spoils in his yard from the nuisance children its like a treasure trove of balls,bats,skipping ropes haha

:rofl:

Ziggy has lots of toys that belong to them because once they land in the yard he claims them... Honestly the way he sogs up a tennis ball, you don't want it back once he has had it for longer than a few minutes...

The kids are not that old, only about 7-9 years old and I think there is a smaller one to.. I just had the giggles when the lad was telling me what happened, I could just picture Ziggy getting the stump and two little kids on the other end of it.. Poor little buggers didn't stand a chance he is so strong...

Hopefully they will learn form their experience today...

I'd throw the 10 pieces back over the fence tomorrow :laugh:

So would I ..... with a note to suggest they not torment the dogs.

Go Ziggy ...... :grin:

Whoa! Take it easy - kids are kids and their parents may not know.

Personally I would have a casual chat to the parents and let them know what happened. They may be thinking this is harmless fun. If they know you are nervous about it, they may be willing to intervene with the kids.

And I think blocking the hole in the fence is also really important. You could let your neighbour know that you've done this to try and help prevent something going wrong in the future.

But keep the chat friendly and relaxed. So far no real harm has been done. And the kids sound like they are trying to play with the dog, not hurt the dog. So while their behaviour isn't ideal, it's been harmless so far and the trick is to keep the chat friendly while still communicating why you feel it needs to change.

Just my thoughts

Sorry but these children sound like "Children " If they do this : poke a bat through the fence , then this will happen: the dog barks when i pull it back through.. So you think mum and dad should be slapped for normal child behaviour?

OP talk to the parents you might be surprised at their reaction , just don't go off screaming at them, tell them what their darlings are doing and could you talk to them please ..

:-)

I like it..but I'd block the fence .. next thing they poke thru may be something not nice....

:( I cant stand kids like that :mad: their parents need a good slap in the head!!

My grandfather used to have the same problem with the neighbours kids, now just picture " the sandlot kids" hahaha

his dane cross has alot of spoils in his yard from the nuisance children its like a treasure trove of balls,bats,skipping ropes haha

:rofl:

Sorry but these children sound like "Children " If they do this : poke a bat through the fence , then this will happen: the dog barks when i pull it back through.. So you think mum and dad should be slapped for normal child behaviour?

OP talk to the parents you might be surprised at their reaction , just don't go off screaming at them, tell them what their darlings are doing and could you talk to them please ..

Parents should be slapped if they've never taught their kids not to torment animals, yes!

Parents should be slapped if they've never taught their kids not to torment animals, yes!

THIS!

THIS!

Sorry I am probably off topic but what does it mean when a poster just says THIS with two posts being quoted stating quite different opinions. :confused: I have noticed elsewhere that posters just say THIS and I am puzzled.

Hi - means we agreed with the most recent post. In my case the "Parents should be slapped if.............".

Well I'm sure I would get slapped by some of you then! My son isn't trying to torment animals but at 7 years of age, does not always understand dog behaviour and sometimes does things that the dogs might not like, he is always supervised with the dogs, but when he is outside by himself he often gets up to mischief.....

For all you know, the kids could have told their parents that the dog ate their stump, and the parents may well have said "Serve you right, if you were poking it through the fence". You have no idea how the parents have handled the situation or if they even know! Makes me very angry when the kid hater brigage get going on DOL :mad