• once every 2-3 weeks
    • once a month
    • rarely
    • never
  2. 2. How do you do it?

• myself
    • groomer
    • hydrobath
  3. 3. How often do you use the conditioner?

• Every time
    • Sometimes
    • Never

depends on the breed and the necessity also. My maltese need at least once / fortnight. My sammies can go up to 4 months plus since they don't smell and looks better without frequent chemicals running through their coat.

I put do it hydrobath but I do it myself

Also because they are in the house most of the time and I use Fidos free itch rinse

Edited by isaviz

One of my girls gets bathed every 1 to 2 months and the other every 2 to 3 months in general. I do it myself and use either Fido's Puppy & Kitten shampoo or Aloveen. I'm pretty lucky though that i have dogs with very little coat odour!

generally monthly unless they get stinky in something.

my little boys i do in the shower with me and Hazel goes to work for a hydrobath.

I use a dog shampoo but no conditioner. they have nice glossy coats as is and since i dont wash them much i dont strip the oils.

i do brush them after and i brush the boys (when they have long hair) about once a week.

eta these are my boys

IMG_0241.jpg

Edited by shmoo

Guest kitakins

2 weeks for kuma. unfortunately, for the past 6 months i havent been able to wash her any less than that as she smells very musky just days after being washed. before this time she did not smell at all, even when she hadnt been washed for a month.

I usually wash our boys weekly in the hyrdobath ... not because they smell but they get so dirty. The water is black after bathing them and if I leave it to long between baths then they start scratching.

I don't use conditioner because I don't shampoo - I use the fido's itch-free rinse (or what ever it is called).

I usually wash our boys weekly in the hyrdobath ... not because they smell but they get so dirty. The water is black after bathing them and if I leave it to long between baths then they start scratching.

I don't use conditioner because I don't shampoo - I use the fido's itch-free rinse (or what ever it is called).

do you mean the flea rinse? i would advise to try not to use it too often as the chemicals can start to irritate the dogs skin and fleas can build up a resistance to the chemicals.

Hi guys,

My mums a mobile dog groomer so lucky me :mad I wash my girls fortnightly in the hydrobath (well usually mum takes over :dropjaw: ) I use Aloveen shampoo it smells beautiful and makes their coat lush! They are all indoor puppies so don't get to muddy.

xSx

I'd love to have them bathed and clipped at the groomers, shmoo. Very relaxing for me and poodles feel so nice after a proper fluff-dry ;) .

Alas, must justify the $200 clippers, scissors etc. in the garage. I think it'd cost about $100 for a mini and standard poodle :mad . Fair enough- lots of work involved- but not viable on a monthly basis until I win lotto :dropjaw: .

Great thing about poodles is they don't get really smelly unless they roll in something (evil Oscar :love: ).

Riley doesn't get very many baths as he's not a smelly dog.

He does get a bath though after we've been the beach to make sure all the sands out of his coat so in summer he could get a bath twice a month.

If we don't go the beach he'll get bathed probably once every 4 - 6 months.

Im a dog washer too, so if he gets a bath, its done in my hydrobath.

Edited to add - I don't use conditioner.

Edited by wagsalot