Rip Tonka - Always My Favourite Greyhound Baby

Trisven13

Poor Tonka, the 10 month old greyhound puppy, was put to sleep tonight with a tumour in his bladder.

Tonka fought hard for his life from the word go - born by c-section and one of the four pups (of 8) that we revived he was always my favourite.

julydogs111.jpg

A sweet little sooky boy with amazing colouring he was such a screamer! The only time he stopped screaming was when he fell asleep but sometimes he did that mid-scream. :laugh:

hollyspups105.jpg

He grew from a pretty puppy

august07dogs233.jpg

into a beautiful dog

feb08dogs345.jpg

That last photo was taken only about 4-5 weeks ago and show an apparently healthy and happy boy. Today surgery to discover the cause of the blood in his urine found a massive tumour. His coat was dull, he had lost weight.

My poor Tonky Donkey - I really did love you and whilst you weren't my dog and haven't lived with me for a few months I could have happily lived with you for years.

I hope that there is a big dam over Rainbow Bridge for you to run splashing through. You were one of a kind in looks and personality.

Edited by Trisven13

Guest Clover

Oh Trish my heart sank when i saw this :laugh:. I am so sorry, Tonka was a stunning boy and way to young :laugh:.

Rest easy gorgeous boy.

Oh Trish no! Not Tonka :D I am sitting here blubbering away, I can't imagine how hard this is for you, I am so sorry :rofl:

That is such sad news, he was a beautiful pup who turned into a stunning boy :)

Edited by CBL