Kaden

Kaffy Magee

Kaden, my handsome man, you joined our family at 10 weeks of age. I was besotted with you. You were a little shit stirrer, harrasing the other dogs to get a reaction, then youd dance out of their way laughing because they couldnt catch you. Sometimes i wished they would just to teach you a lesson. Thankfully you grew out of doing this all the time and only did it if sniffy was chasing a toy or swimming in the dam. You liked to tease sinffy best as she gave the best reactions, keisha was too lazy to chase you away. We entered lots of shows together and i enjoyed every one of them, you made me so proud with your wins and i couldnt wait to get your title and venture in to other fields of dog sport. You were very smart and very obedient i hardly had to train you, you just did what i wanted, picked it up so quick. You would have made a brilliant obedience champ, i think.

Every where you went people fell in love with you. they would always comment on how lovely and healhty you looked and they could see how much you loved me, that made even more prouder. You would invite yourself into everyones conversations or on to their laps because you wanted their pats. You would push your head into their bodies and just stand there waiting for the attention. Many a time we would simply be walking past a group of people having a conversation and you just come up behind them and push your head into their hands that hung by their sides. But you saved the best cuddles for me, wrapping you legs around my waist tightly and driving your head into my chest, sometimes so hard it hurt. I'm going to miss our cuddles and our dances even though you never did seem too impressed with them , like you just wanted a serious tender cuddle but i wouldnt behave. I can imagine you rolling your eyes at me, you were much too dignified to act silly, especially in public. I did get you zooming around like a turkey a few times and it cracked me up so much. You'd scoot off, bum tucked under and it looked so funny as i only stirred you up inside when you had no where to go. So youd scoot up one end of our small lounge room, and have to turn around and scoot back cos there was no room.

Your favourite things were protecting us and our property from those scary birds and being with me. You never did like to be on your own. When you were a pup you would scream and bark when i was crate training you, and managed to learn how to escape from it, i still dont know how. We then built a run for you as you couldnt be trusted out loose if we weren't home. Oh the noise you would make, until you chewed through the wire and left a huge gaping hole.

In the show ring, i couldnt say you loved it. I think you did it, for me, because you loved me. You had such beautiful movement and were such a stunning boy when i had you stacked right. You were a little slow to mature but you were definitely getting there. In my eyes you were almost perfect.

Some weeks ago you changed. The way you went about things.I thought were finally maturing mentally and calming down. Little did i know you were getting sick. I took you to a show early march and you were very down and out, just wanting to lie in your crate. It was a stinking hot day and you wouldnt drink, but that wasnt unusual for you at a show. I basically had to drag you around the ring, you didnt want to do it. I had no idea you were so sick and i am sorry to make you go through that. I should have listened to your body language and gone home despite how far we travelled. I was then told you seemed to be out in the back end, aaaah so thats why you didnt want to move, i thought. We had the NSW dobe specialty and the Sydney royal coming up so off you went to the chiropractor so you had time to recover before our big shows. You were a mess. Your back was out, your neck was out, your shoulder had an old injury and was out, and you had torn muscles down both your back legs. No wonder you didnt want to move. The chiropractor said you were a strong dog and gave no idication of pain, you wouldnt tell him anything. After you came home you seemed very down and shaking among other things. I figured you were sore but upon ringing the chiropractor he told me this was not normal. And so came our discovery that you were very very sick. The night we found out exactly what was wrong I lay alone and cried until i fell asleep, i desperately wanted to just lay down with you and just hold you. I couldnt wait until the morning to bring you home for your few last days. I was up first thing and put your bed and a blanket in the lounge ready for you and then i recieved the call that you were simply too sick to come home and i should come in now to say our goodbyes.I would never get to lay down with you and hold you again, like i so desperately want to do. I still cant believe you have gone. I never thought i would lose you, not so young. It is a shock, even though i knew you werent well, i never once thought it would take your life. I am absolutely gutted. You were something so special that i couldnt believe my luck that i had you.Our bond was so strong and Im going to miss holding your strong muscular, yet gentle body, you loved me like no other has, i cant believe you are gone. You made me the proudest mummy ever, your handsome good looks and sweet gentle nature, i couldnt have asked for anything more.

Rest easy my strong ,brave boy and know mummy loved you so much, i will always carry you in my heart. Things will not be the same ever, I am so sad, empty and lost without you. Until we meet again, my sweet handsome man. Kisses for ever , love you, mumxxxxxxx

030-1.jpg

kadenpepe.jpg

DSCF2947.jpg

DSCF3492.jpg

DSCF3042.jpg

DSCF4055.jpg

DSCF4058.jpg

BecsPics1312.jpg

Oh Kaffy :)

The love you have for Kaden shines through your post :rolleyes: I am so very sorry that he had to go so young, its not fair :)

Edited by CBL

Again, I am so sorry for your loss Kaffy.

Its obvious how much you loved him, and that is such a beautiful tribute, to a very special boy.

I hope you are doing OK

:) from me and Bosco

Run free Kaden. There are many special friends up there for you to play with, while you watch over your mum down here.

:)

Kaff, So sorry to hear you lost Kaden, I was so hoping he would pull through for you. I remember the day that last pic was taken, such a lovely photo of such a lovely dog.

He is at peace now.

Jenny

:D :) Kaffy.

When we lose an old dog, we grieve because we loved the dog over years and years, from romping puppyhood to slow old age, and we shared so much of our lives with him. When we lose a young dog, we lose the future - all our intentions, hopes and aspirations, and that is so much harder. And it is just so damned unfair.

When we lose a special dog, it is even more difficult. I know nothing I say will make it any better, but know I am thinking of you, in that sad place where you are.

Kaden's spirit lives, and too, he will always live in your memory, and the memory of those who knew him.

In time, you will be able to be glad for what was, not for what is lost. Just not yet.

Run free in the empyrean, lovely boy.