Duke

Teebs

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dad is heart broken, we are just waiting for Pets at Peace to come and get him ;)

He is just laying out in his favorite spot in Dads garden fast asleep :(

It sounds like he just went peacefully in his sleep in his favourite spot.

:) Teebs

Pets at Peace just came and got him, Shane is so good.

Said he only died in the last few hours, i was worried he was out there all night in the cold.

Dad is a mess, trying to hide it but he isnt good, i am really worried about him :)

So sorry Teebs :)

Was he sick?

He has had a bad heart all his life, and sometimes has fits, but its been a while since he had one. He did have a spot on his leg that the vet thought could be cancer, he was booked in tomorrow to have it removed. There was also a little bit of vomit when we rolled him over.

So i am guessing that he had a fit and his heart just gave up, or the cancer was all through him.

I am so glad it was today, and not tomorrow on the operating table.

ETA I have been here all morning cuddleing 3 week old Aussie bulldog pups, so bloody hard having them here right now ;) No matter what we do, i guess life still goes on *sigh*

Edited by Terrorbull

RIP Duke. :)

You made so many people happy. So handsome.

I don't know why but I find it so much sadder when a man loses his beloved dog, they just seem to struggle through their emotions and it's heartbreaking to watch.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

I'm so sorry Teebs, Duke sounds like he was a real champion of a dog.

Big hugs to you and your dad ;) I know you'll take care of him but he might also need a gentle reminder that the "Mens' Rules" state that one of the times it's acceptable for a man to cry is when his dog dies.

Rest in peace Duke, knowing that you were and are much loved :)

Well, I NEVER visit here, it's just so upsetting.

Teebs, how awful. He was very lovely, great photos. Just a tragic morning for you all. I hope your dad is OK. What a shock to find his boy like that. Please give him my condolences and to you too. I'm very very sorry. :)

R I P Duke.xxxxxxxx

Sounds as if Duke took matters into his own paws, and decided when and where to send his spirit over the bridge ... That's a nice thing, really - took any guilt away from your Dad :(

It certainly does :)

So sorry for your family's loss ;)

RIP Duke :)