2009 Training/title Wish List

Well after a very late night (try not getting home until 4am this morning) the gods for the most part listened to some of Ness's requests. She put in two more than respectable rounds - both in Open and UD. No pass in either of them but very nice scores all round apart from a couple of minor stuff ups in a exercise here or there. And hmm I think I upheld my end of the bargain maybe - will see what the video shows hahahaha.

Got to say though I am thrilled with her UD round so fingers crossed for a UD pass or two during 2009 :(. Now going to enjoy 4-6 weeks of nothing (well ok flog the baby time :eek: ).

Belated happy birthday to you. And well done on what sounds like some really nice work (both from you and Ness :rolleyes: ). UD pass can't be too far away.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lablover - which BIG Trials were you at?

I know what you are saying - I was hanging out for the last trial of the year which was mid December. My kids now get 6 weeks off and we are enjoying every minute of it.

The biggest was the National Retriever Championship which was held in SA. The winner is a very gifted trainer and handler. One of my labs was the sire (of the winner), so naturally I thought it was an awesome result.

The South Australian State Championship was held a week prior: Two time passt National winner won. I bred her.

Me, I stuffed up. Bring on 2009!!!!!!!!!

Last years wishes

Mishka and Moss definitely their tracking titles as they are both ready to trial, I just didn't get time last season. Mishka maybe the last leg of her CD, but I've been saying that for 2 1/2 years and not trialling her :rolleyes:

Moss to start trialling agility and maybe a CCD.

The pup to trial in 3 sheep and ANKC herding (will do his PT at the first trials next year).

I never made it near a tracking or obedience trial so the first 2 never happened.

The third I did several short course trials and 2 herding titles at trial level so I achieved that one almost :D

This year I would still like Moss and Mishka's tracking titles and maybe Moss an obedience title.

Cole I would like to get a versatile herding championship and his duck titles - not much to ask for.

Edited by Janba

Good idea. This will shame me into training more :)

PIOBAIREACHD

JD, JDX, AD, and a return to pre-trialling speed

BLOSSOM

JD, AD

NESSIE:

a pass for level 1 agility classes, and no more fear of tunnels

MAGIC:

Completed club level obedience classes (puppy, beginners, intermediate, advanced, transition - hmm may have to skip one to fit them all in LOL)

A pass in level 1 agility classes

I would like Agility training to go smoothly this year.. I am starting out in feb with Cruise in the Baby Foundation Class, there is still a year before he can compete, so I hope it all goes well with him... He is a stubbon thing, I have been teaching him sit, and he had semi picked it up, next session, he was doing it without fail :)

In the mean time, He is in his first show in Minor at the end of Jan, so would like him to get a good percentage to his title, and pick up some class in show prizes :)

• 3 months later...

BUMP for this thread!

Was wondering how everyone is going so far with their 2009 wish list? Has anybody got anything they can tick off the list, yet? Come on, share! :cheer:

Ruby:

I'd like to get a CCD title with Ruby before 2009 is up, and if that happens, hopefully to at least enter a CD just to see how we go - no expectations on that one. We're enrolled in a retrieving class starting Feb so hoping that goes ok! If she's any good and we enjoy it, I'd like to pursue that with her too.

Millie:

I hope before the year is out she'll be ready to enter her first CCD trial, but that's going to depend on how much I put into her as I would really like to work hard to make 2009 Ruby's year for her first obedience title! Would also like the not-interested-in-toys Millie to be able to pick a dumbell up! :cheer:

We can tick the CCD title off our list now for Ruby, got that today :cheer:

Should I be bold and wish for her CD title before the end of the year? :cheer: We'll see :cheer:

As for Millie, well she is now ball CrAzY, loves playing with anything that squeaks and is picking up a dumbell!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Getting her to hold it though is the doozy :):cheer:

Hmmm...

I'd like to start trialling both obedience and agility!

What would be tough but achievable titles to get in the next 7 months - considering I haven't started obedience trialling (he'd probably pass CCD) and haven't started a formal agility classes yet (next week - agility starts - woo hoo) ?

We have our ADAC Novice Jumping Title :happydance: Just need to submit paperwork for it tomorrow, and off for open!

I am hoping to have our contacts going well in the next couple of months so we can enter agility events and not just jumping :thumbsup:

Still deciding whether I am mad enough to enter Diesel in obedience, given his unreliable performance and ongoing health problems.

Great to take another look at this - thanks for digging it up RubyStar and congrats on your first title, it's an awesome feeling and there will be plenty more to come I'm sure :happydance:

I'd like to see some big improvement & more consistency in my handling skills instead of the stupid little mistakes I make which cost passes. :thumbsup:

Skills: Contacts, weave entries and obstacle discriminations. Obviously more box work and advanced handling work from the GD workshop :thumbsup:

Titles and passes: JDM and more Top Dog points would be awesome. ADX as we have 2 passes to go and make a start on ADM and ADO.

Might have a crack at CD but I think I said that last year. :thumbsup:

Well, we got our JDM far earlier in the year than I ever thought we could, got our ADX and 2 passes in ADM. Haven't really bothered with ADO and certainly haven't made a start on CD.

As for the rest - seeing some improvement but we have a long way to go. For someone who's been trialling in agility for less than 2 years with her first dog, I'm pretty rapt with what we've achieved so far. :cheer:

For Bosco I would love for him to put those brains to use in a ring and get his Novice Obedience Title.

I would also like to get his AD and JD this year!

For Summer who isn't my dog but who I train and trial in Agility I would like to get her JD and maybe her AD if I get time to work on those colours....

Haha - but the year has just started :p :)

We've only entered 1 trial this year.... so does that count?! :):)

Now - where did you get this idea from Ptolomy :thumbsup::eek:

Here's mine:

LEO:

Obedience - begin trialling in UD, have fun and *maybe* one pass (a nice one please)!

Agility - ADX, JDO and maybe a pass or 3 in JDM :eek: Depending on whether we do games or not, some games titles will be nice :hug:

KINTA:

Produce me some beautiful show quality, drivey puppies that are exactly what I'm looking for... and some nice homes for them too (rubs genie lamp)

Obedience - stop making silly mistakes and get her CD title

Agility - AD and some passes towards her JDX would be nice

Conformation - No expectations as who knows what puppies will do to her coat. If we make it back in the ring.... a continuing climb towards her title please, maybe with another 'in group' :wave:

We can't really tick anything off the list, but we're on our way I guess.

In our one trial this year (Was it really that long ago?!) We got our 2nd ADX pass and a Snooker pass with Master Leo, so can't complain with that. Kinta hasn't seen the inside of the performance rings yet, but hey, who can blame her. Babies are looking good and arrived safely and homes so far are looking good :rofl::cry: :cry:

As for conformation, well unexpectedly, while pregnant, Kinta knocked off over 40 points towards her title and a shortlist for best in group, so you can't complain about that. It's only a teeny step until she can be CH Kinta, so once she grows some fur back, that will be our main aim.

Not long now till we're back in the rings :mad

As for UD - slow and steady wins the race... coming along nicely, so hopefully entering the ring is not too far away :eek :laugh:

Still early in the year, but nice to look at what I hoped to achieve and see we're already there with a few things :cool:

OK, can Santa please bring:

POLO

Obedience - CDX title would be nice please.

Retrieving - RRD title would be luverly, but I'll settle for looking like he should be there, and maybe a win or two :clap:

Agility - I'm not really sure here. I'd like to get him into Novice in 2009, but as Ptolomy said, you get what you train, so I think I need to train :rofl: Oh I know, to decide on weave and contact strategies and train them. A novice title by the end of the year would be good.

We can sort of tick off one, Polo has competed in Restricted Retrieving for one weekend and at his first ever go won the stake!! :rofl:

Although we've been in the Open obedience ring a cuople of times now, no joy there... and the agility is non-existent so far :rock:

ROGAN

Obedience - be ready to compete in UD by the end of the year.

Retrieving - That last bl**dy restricted win for his RRD!!!! He will retire at the end of this season regardless.

Agility - Maintain his consistency. An SPDM which is achieveable. That ellusive GDM would be nice to finish off the M's. I think this is the 3rd year I've wish for a GDM :rofl: I HATE Masters Gamblers!! Definite handler malfunction there.

I am absolutely thrilled that I can tick off the RRD Title!!!! The day after Polo's win, Rogan won his third restricted stake for his title. He is now officially retired from retrieving.

We can also tick off the SPDM :rofl: We are now over half way to the GDM but it's still looking like a long way off :D He's also had a very consistent start to the year :eat:

UD training is under way.... slowly

FLYNN

To enjoy retirement :D

Tick

HERBIE

Maintain his couch potato and cheer squad status :rofl:

Tick :rofl:

Edited by FHRP

Wooooo....I can actually add to this thread!

Wandy & I started back at obedience last night - training that is. What a great little dog she is. Makes me grin just thinking about it really! As with all official doggy things Im a complete newby to the world of real obedience, so Im a very average handler at the moment. Well after a couple of tips from the trainer last night, one major one being DONT LOOK AT YOUR DOG, Wandy & I just clicked. I have never had a dog on the end of a lead walking next to me staring up at me asking what to do next. It was the best feeling ever! :rofl:

It just blew me away :)

My goal is too improve as a trainer, and to keep having fun! Of course I guess I'll have to do the official tests now too?

Any tips on teaching "Stand" - one thing that the kelpie brain just cant get hold of , actuall one thing this human just cant communicate properly :laugh:

Ive tried luring to a stand, the arm under the belly, hand in front of the chest...probably others I cant think of. She will do it off lead at home, but on lead at lessons she just continues to sit.

Rat

Any tips on teaching "Stand" - one thing that the kelpie brain just cant get hold of , actuall one thing this human just cant communicate properly :rofl:

Ive tried luring to a stand, the arm under the belly, hand in front of the chest...probably others I cant think of. She will do it off lead at home, but on lead at lessons she just continues to sit.

This is probably completely wrong, but anyway...

I had minimal luck teaching it from the heel position so I stood in front of Daisy and lured her into a stand that way. As soon as she stood, I would jackpot and give her a few treats as long as she stayed standing. I also sat on a chair with her facing me in a sit and started giving her the 'stand' voice command, encouraging her to stand etc. It probably took 20 minutes in total and the instant she started offering the behaviour it clicked in her brain and now she will stand on voice command :) Not 100% solid yet but at least she is getting there :laugh:

• 6 months later...