The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Late starter here! I have a new Ricoh Caplio R7 point and shoot camera. I took this one on 1/1/09 with the macro setting (that's about as technical as I get).

PS: Lea made me post ;)

Its about time you joined. :)

Today was hard as I liked many photos... amazing what I can find in my own yard!

I liked this one the best... dont know why. I like the texture of the leaves.

Jan0509.jpg

Panasonic FZ30

Focal Length 7.4mm

F 2.8

Shutter Speed 1/100

ISO 200

Only editing is that I increased the red saturation slightly

Ok everyones pic are really great, few of my thoughts:

Jag- The red bottle brush plant is lovely, nice composure.

Ashanali - I love the light of the chairs I lean more towards the table chair as I think it's cleaner lines.

Clover - nice use of shadow.

CM - nice colour.

Piper - very jealous of your peach tree.

Ruffles - the meat is strangely mesmerizing.

TerraNik - love the folk and colour.

Bindi - nice pot and nice sense of prospective and shadow.

Coolibah Coolies - very cool pole thingy. Great colour.

Ruth - love the first one of Chops. Sharp. (Easy on the Roc and his beds too. He might like bed's but he does have standards.)

Kirislin - love the apples esp the dog in the background.

poocow - nice pic. I would actually like to see the colour version as that reflection looks nice.

iltby - nice capture.

Edited by Rocco1

OMG it's HOT here today! Crazy, three air-conditioners can't keep up hot. I'm going to go into shock next week when we cruise into Antarctic waters LOL

So what else could I take a photo of ... had to be something long, tall and cool...

IMG_8017-2.jpg

Not related to this thread, but I've been a busy blogger so there will be several new posts over the next day!

PS sorry I'm not commenting on each person's photo, I know I should! Just not enough time in the day ... I am loving this thread, though!

Edited by kja

magthedag - what is that pink dog? it's pretty cute ... I like the little white paint spots :rofl:

It is a holder for a citronella candle.

Todays Photo

DSC00925.jpg

I am so impressed with everyones photos :rofl:

Back to dogs again......decided to practice something I'm not very good at; panning. And I'm still not very good at it.

On the Move.

move1.jpg

But that was taken AFTER a rather painful accident, so I have an excuse. I decided to try for some action shots of Dusty with her frisbee because I'd got some great ones last week, before the photo a day challenge.

I was kneeling on the ground, looking through the viewfinder and trying to track her, I lost sight of her for a second then all of a sudden something slammed into my head and I was flat on my back.

Dusty had caught the frisbee right in front of me and kept running. She slammed into the lens (my husbands monster lens), and pushed it and the camera hard into my forehead. I am now sporting a massive egg above my left eye, a delightful thumping head and blurry vision.

But!!! My sense of humour is intact, cos here is my fun pic for the day.....The Brangelina Dog.

move2.jpg