The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

What exactly does infrared do to an image?

It's pretty much B&W but it over-saturates the white - kinda like a glare. You could do it manually but PSP has a 'infrared' option.

This is what I call, 'Brisbane with a Hangover' - miserable day here today. The weather is affecting me as I feel flat, tired and unmotivated.

I really like this!!

thanks, this is another in the sequence that I cropped a bit more. which is better?

3162042835_1d00f98fa5.jpg

I like this one more.

I think everyone's photos are awesome!!!!! :rofl:

Edited by TerraNik

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What exactly does infrared do to an image?

It's pretty much B&W but it over-saturates the white - kinda like a glare. You could do it manually but PSP has a 'infrared' option.

Oh okay, thanks for that :rofl: Have seen some stunning infrared shots on deviantART.

Everyones work is really interesting. Great thread to see how people think.

PPS I like how the other dog is in the pic, tells a story and made me smile.

Lea the shadows brilliant. :rofl:

Ashanali I like what you have done. Made me feel what Brisbane was like today.

CM I actually really liked a few of the others on your flicker better. Really nice.

Kja your underwater work is really mind blowing. So fantastic.

persephone the feather gorgeous, waiting for the wind to take it on its journey.

Really enjoyed looking at peoples flicker work too. Sweetbix.

Edited by Rocco1

CM I actually really liked a few of the others on your flicker better. Really nice.

:cool: yeh but I'm going through a "story-telling over technically correct" phase at the moment - I'm trying to avoid being too pretty and perfect, if you knew me you'd understand that's so typical! :love:

If I could get the story-telling and technically correct to go together, I'll be where I want to be ... and sometimes I miss the point entirely

I appreciate the feedback :o

terranik - I love what you did with the building pic

kirislin - brilliant bird on a wire

ash - very impressive view, great post-production - the water is like steel and the boats look like they aren't floating but rather placed on the surface iykwim :D

pps - I agree that your playful interrupter is a nice addition :D

animalmad - real bummer about your memory card, your dog is a good poser though and there to save the day :rofl:

oh and I too have enjoyed a little flick through flickr streams :)

I'm just back from holidays, so I'll join in tomorrow once I've downloaded my pics :D

Great work everyone :rofl:

Chester - and I think I've decided my January challenge is going to be all about Chester, but we'll see what actually happens :)

I'd be very surprised if mine doesn't end up being all about Chopper too :cool: He's my muse :love:

Thought that may be it! Thanks :) Flickr's set up a lot better than dA, I'm really enjoying browsing it.

ETA: I'm loving this, I already have comments and invites to things! I can't believe how fast people notice you on it :rolleyes: I'm having so much fun on it, hehe.

Edited by iltby

ETA: I'm loving this, I already have comments and invites to things! I can't believe how fast people notice you on it I'm having so much fun on it, hehe.
Yeah, it's weird isn't it and there are quite a few communities. I've only uploaded a few as photobucket is crap. I got something written in Italian that I had to ask someone at work to translate. It was a shot taken of Monelite's dobe, Rex, and I got a gist of what they said - some invite to some Italian dobe group. I put up a photo I took of a lorikeet the other week and no sooner had it uploaded than someone made a comment. I've put a lot of shots to 'private' now. The world doesn't need to see my drunken Christmas party photos.

ETA: OH wants to go to Fairy Bower marine park (Manly way) for a dive at dusk (night dive) but I'm reluctant to take the DSLR and leave it in the car. kja, is that a bat fish?

Edited by Ripley