The Official January Photo A Day Challenge

Ashanali

Fabulous photos guys :thumbsup:

CM I have loved every single pic of chester. He is so photogenic and that last one made me laugh as it is such a happy pic.

montall - Love that water droplet - what a pic, excellent! Oh and I think your beetle went to visit BB today :provoke:

I want to know how come every photo of Darcy is completly in focus and has such vibrant colours - beautiful work.

Iltby - I am coming over to steal your macro lens. Fantastic.

tlc those self protraits are nice. Your dogs are always so happy, they make me smile.

BB great montage and love the bettle

terrnik - there is something very creepy in your backyard :D

Lea gorgeous framing of your daisy pic

PPS - love the old world charm of the shed, it certainly looks to have some history.

Will post mine soon.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just loving all the doggy photos . They are all brilliant as are all the other subjects.

I only managed to take a few maggie shots which I will look at now and will post if one is at least in focus :provoke:

Thankyou all for a wonderful month of great photos :thumbsup:

PC, come on, Id love to see your ugly mug :thumbsup: bet its not really ugly!! Love the birthday boys pics from today beautifull as always!!

Inspired by Bindis collage, I had a go too, here it is.

Collages-1.jpg

Jag your photos are so great, that sunset just looks like a big fire in the sky and your poos are spectacular!!

Edited by tlc

As the sun sets on the January challenge

Sun-Set-1.jpg

Where the spotlight was on participation and getting to know your camera

Mambo-1-1.jpg

We all NOSE it was difficult to stay focused

M16.jpg

But here we are at the end, all hot and satisfied that we have met and exceeded our own expectations

Mambo4-1-1.jpg

Thank you Ashanali for such a wonderful idea. I have enjoyed the project and have learnt so much not only about my camera but from everyone else who joined in.

Thank you everyone :thumbsup: You all Rock :provoke:

MTD, thanks they sure have, I have to trim them often so they dont get too long...LOL Your girl is beautiful as always, she looks tired in that pic, mine always get that look when they have had a busy day.

Chezzyr, that rodeo pic is so awesome, Bet you got heaps of good pics!!

Breathtaking sunset Jag. :rofl: Beautiful dogs and very clever writing. :thumbsup:

Mtd, puppie looks tired and peaceful :p

Chezzyr, Excellent photo.

Tlc, love the coloured collage :provoke:

I also would like to thank Ashanali for starting this challenge, and ALL those who contributed into what was a very Quick :rofl: but spectacular show in talent from the wonderful talented people on DOL :D

Edited by Bindi~Boo

I just wanted to say thankyou to everyone, for your kind critiques and encouragement. I've not commented on individual photo's but have taken inspiration from many of them and have really enjoyed looking at them.

I'm thrilled with some of the pics I've managed this month and I've really learnt to think more when taking the pics and I'm really proud that I took some that required no editing at all :thumbsup:

Onwards and upwards and I'm looking forward to Feb

Hahaha, thanks Jag - good luck, though :p

A few more from me, sorry guys, I know I've been bombarding you-

IMG_46032.jpg

IMG_45742.jpg

IMG_45572.jpg

IMG_45462.jpg

Shame I wasn't able to centre this but I still like it.

IMG_46202.jpg

I think this caterpillar must've been dying and the ant was attempting to finish the job.

--

Off to comment on everyone's shots from today now :D

I have had a ball, I have really enjoyed each day and i really looked forward to seeing each and everyone's photos.

Than You for the encouragement and comments. Good luck to you all for next month, i am really excited to see what you all come up with.

CM - your photo from yesterday is absolutely hilarious :p Have really loved seeing all your Chester shots over the past month, you've done some amazing things with B&W. Also, have already said it, but your photo from today is just brilliant, I absolutely love it :rofl:

Becks - very cute bear :p How old is it?

Kirislin, really like your market photo, the composition is fabulous. I've loved watching your photography over the past month, it's been so creative.

Nik, I love that shot of Ahsoka with her tongue out :p Have really enjoyed seeing all your dogs shots throughout Jan and look forward to following your 365 photos challenge.

PPS, great shot of the old house. I've enjoyed seeing your pictures from the 'country'.

Montall, fabulous bug shot! Your photos have been great, I think you've been really creative with them.

Lea, love that shot of your daughter. Have really loved all your animal shots over the past month, too.

Tlc, absolutely love your portraits from today, they're so sweet. I think your dog photography has improved a lot over the last month, it's great :) Your collage is really brilliant too, very well laid out.

Bindi, I love your collages from today, really well put together! It's been really nice seeing all your photos over the past month, I think you're incredibly imaginative with your photography.

Steph, considering you started your photography a month ago I think you're fabulous! You've improved every day :) Absolutely love your shots of Darcy in particular. The first from today is hilarious. Also, I've seen a photo of you and you're gorgeous, so shush!

Jag, have seem some amazing shots from you over the past month! Some of your sunsets and Poodle shots are excellent.

Mag, have really enjoyed seeing all your doggy and flower shots :)

Chezzyr, today's photo is absolutely brilliant! Great job, it's been awesome to catch a glimpse of rural life from you.

Poodle Mum, have loved seeing some of your dog photos :) Your pup (sorry, completely forgotten his name :p ) is really divine.

Ruffles, enjoyed seeing photos from you while you participated :)

Gayle, I absolutely love your dog photography, it's a shame you didn't post more :p

Persephone, I love your photography, I'm sorry you had to drop out ;)

Kja, loved seeing all your fish and dog images throughout the first half of the month, hope you've had a fabulous holiday.

AquaticMalamute, I've loved seeing photos of your Mallies!

Ravyk, great dog shots from you too :)

Huga, have really enjoyed seeing shots of Ollie and your doggies :)

Ash, thanks for coming up with and organising this whole thing! It was a ton of fun :) Have really loved seeing pics of your two little boys. I think the first shot you ever posted is just brilliant, too.

And finally, thank you so much to everyone for your compliments and feedback and encouragement, I've had such a fun month with this :) :D

Okay, I'm done being mushy ;) I hope I haven't left anyone out :eek:

Edited by iltby

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

I've been away for the last two days and need to get my pics in for Friday and Saturday before Febuary (I have like....... 50 mins... phew!)

Here is Friday

IMG_0086copy.jpg

And two for the last day :D

IMG_0130copy.jpg

IMG_0002copy.jpg

This challenge been fantastic! I love everyone's contributions and seeing how you all have evolved over the month, damn impressive I must say! But then alot of you were impressive to start with :p

Edited by aquaticmalamute

Thanks for all the lovely comments guys. :eek:

Josie, love the nosey one :p and you kitties are gorgeous

aquamal, you have captured the marine feel very well with the buoy photo, I especially love the lighting and shadow of the last picture.

Jayc, gorgeous sunset, you seem to have a real talent for them.

poodlemum, love the look of concentration from the both of you, love the pic!

Well done everyone!!!!!!!!! now to start the February adventure..... :D

I just want to thank everyone for embracing this challenge. I know for some (myself included) a photo a day is difficult to commit to. I am actually impressed that I managed about 20 out of 31. :p I have photos from a couple of days that weren't posted - one because I didn't download it until the following week and another because even though it's a good photo, it contains some explicit language (wall of graffiti).

I am so impressed with the way many of you have approached the challenge and made your own personal goals. I have loved a 'month of Chester' (including the self portrait :eek: ) and I have also loved 'ILTBY's month of macro'. I think there are a few here who have made great improvements with their photography over the month, the three that spring to mind straight away are tlc, PPS and lea.

Overall I have enjoyed and loved seeing the vast array of work that EVERYONE has produced from simple shots in their home, of their dogs and general domestic life to getting out and about and doing things they wouldn't have normally done if it wasn't for the challenge.

The treasure hunt list for February has been posted. Hopefully Troy will be nice and pin the thread for us again. I just want to say thank you to everyone for making this a success and I hope you have all enjoyed it as much as I have.

See you in the February thread! :D