eyes

mineral

key

best friend

collections

pink

dance

tree

and for those who are wanting to extend the challenge - after you have your first 20, you can tackle these next eight:

food

stamp

car

drama

secret

something you leave behind

shapes

shadow

The idea of this challenge is to think outside the square. For each item, think about alternative meanings that the words could have and how you might be able to work them into something you can photograph.

The challenge isn't to post as quickly as possible, your goal should be to shoot the list of 20 by the end of the month and be happy with the work you post. If you finish the first 20 photos and want to challenge yourself further then have a go at the last 8.

Some of the subjects are more difficult than others but most of them should be 'accessible' in some way or another. I can't wait to see how people go with these subject. :rofl:

Most importantly: HAVE FUN!!! :D :provoke::thumbsup:

(btw - I have already had an idea for March :p )

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cant wait to get started, will this be the official thread where we post the pics, or will you put one in the top part like the January challenge. Thanks so much for organising the challenges, I have had a ball with Januarys and think my photos have improved heaps since I started and it is great to be able to get lots of inspiration from others photos. 4 of the shots I took for January are now hanging on my wall in frames, (all dog shots of course) Im already thinking about the treasure hunt it should be a lot of fun.

This will be the thread to post the photos in. I have PM'd Troy and asked if he would be so kind as to pin the topic in the same place as January so we might be moved pretty soon.

Can I also ask the members who are joining into the challenge who also post on Flickr to add their photos to the DOLers photo pool please? :thumbsup:

Yay. I've been waiting to see the list :thumbsup:

There are some wonderful things on there.

My sister and I are enrolling to do a digital photography course, so hopefully I will be able to get something halfway decent :provoke:

Evolving - sure you can join in!

If you are shooting on film, just ask them to scan it to a disc at the time it's developed. Then you'll be able to share your work with us. :thumbsup:

The creativity thing is secondary - the main aspect is to just have fun. Good luck with the challenge.

It is up to you how you want to post them :thumbsup: Everyone will be different, some people may choose to do the task as a photo a day still, others may shoot half on one weekend and half on the other.

It is up to you when you choose to share.

Evolving - sure you can join in!

If you are shooting on film, just ask them to scan it to a disc at the time it's developed. Then you'll be able to share your work with us. :thumbsup:

The creativity thing is secondary - the main aspect is to just have fun. Good luck with the challenge.

Maybe I will go out and buy a new camera anyway. I have been meaning to for a long time but I do not really have many things to take photos of.

Ash, can you please clarify the treasures a little further or is it open to whatever you think "old" "home" etc is ?

ETA: Never mind me..... I clearly need direction :rofl: but I've read your post again , 'tis cool I'll cope on my own :p

Well it is past your bed time. :D

:eek: ;)