The Official March Challenge Thread

ruthless

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rocco... I might change next months challenge to something low key that can incorporate your personal theme and then kick off with a faster paced theme for May.

I was already thinking a few people might need a mental break from thinking too hard about challenges so I'll create something that will fit a wide palette in terms of subject matter and give people a chance to join in, relax and recover and try out everything they have learnt from the previous months.

:rolleyes:

Hope this sounds okay to everyone.

thanks all for comments on my pics, it's been fun this month for me, though there were a few I wish I'd gotten a little better, if I find some time over the next couple of days I'll give 'em another go.

gila - love your darkness shot, beautiful browns :(

animalmad - great tongue shot! Love that curl!

iltby - great droplet shots, I particularly like "tear" :) ... I've already said how much I love your cat yawning, brilliant! ... zoom series is cool too ... I prefer the original dangerous, no real reasoning behind it, just what I like

rocco - I like little yellow Ralph, nice! ... love the rocco with self-portrait, and I like your new idea too! :cheer:

quoll - nice birds in flight you have there! I particular like your mountain and reflections pics :laugh:

j - I like your rose pic with the single colour ... cool begging shots too ... and great giraffe shot :cheer:

cordy - great pics! I like your water shots ... love your cat hugging the rock!!

lea - that junk yard car almost looks like a toy? ... upside down is cool, really like the perspective ... good work with the textures too, they are all really interesting :)

leopuppy - investigate is really cool and raindrops is nice too!

clover - I love "joy"! Scraggy-wet-look flying along :) - can't even see any footprints so she must be flying (can't always see if it's Elvis or Tinny, sorry) ... I totally love that mine shot you got too!

montall - great evaporate pic, love the soft green! ... and underwater is that for real? :wave: I can see a face in the reflection in the far left where is this?

kirislin - good to see you back :eek: The Ibis is a nice shot! and the whips whipping about :) ... I think I've already said I like the ghostly Kibah :hug: ... and joy is hilarious!

darien - I like your image of humidity pic, crystal clear! ... I really like the little village pic too, and excommunication is interesting :eek:

poocow - jack in a box is funny, and I love seeing Darcy running :wave:

pointeeblab - nice perspective of your sleepy cat! (btw did you see my new work dog Xandi quite a few pages back in this thread somewhere, better looking lab than Paige hey?)

ruthless - nice collar, suits Angel beautifully (and I'm not a fan of pink but you know if it works it works :) ) ... beautiful dobe puppy pics :cheer:

kja - love your "quiet" shot, your dog (which one is this?) looks really fit and healthy! ... uber sexy is :)

taurus - cool angles on your shots! I really like your twisted shot :hug:

:rofl:

okay, that's me caught up, may see ya later with a new "M" or "T" or something else just for fun ... can't do textures don't have the software but I'll probably look into it, I've already used a 30 day trial of both photoshopCS4 and elements7 ... if not see ya in the April challenge, whatever that may entail :)

Hey guys, I need some opinions! I've just tried adding a texture to my 'dangerous' shot and can't decide whether I like it better than the original-

IMG_2553-1.jpg

(original) -

IMG_25532-1.jpg

I dont see this as dangerous at all. I prefer the original. The words that come to my mind are old, warm, secretive (I've no idea why) earthy, lots of others that I cant quite articulate, but I love it. I wish I could take photos like this.

Kirislin - thanks so much, always good to get different perspectives :) To be honest the original photo was really bland, I played with the levels and boosted the blacks a huge amount for that effect.

This is the original-

IMG_2553-2.jpg

Thanks so much CM! I think I will stick with the original Dangerous, I'm such a wuss with editing :o I'll keep playing around but I never know what versions of things to upload. There were a few shots I would've liked to have been better too but there's time for improvement, hehe.

ETA: That idea is just lovely Roc, I really look forward to seeing more in the series. The first is incredible.

Edited by iltby

montall - great evaporate pic, love the soft green! ... and underwater is that for real? :thumbsup: I can see a face in the reflection in the far left where is this?

It was at Underwater World on the Sunshine Coast. It's a car turned into a fish tank. My OH is the face in the back window. :laugh: The action was only in the front and he was sticking his nose up to the glass to see what was happening in the back. He has a habit of getting himself in all my pictures, usually by accident, and this was the same. I didn't notice him until I downloaded it. Usually I would just edit him out but this was just too funny. He looks like he is in the back seat under water trying to get out. Hence the title. :)

Kirislin - thanks so much, always good to get different perspectives :thumbsup: To be honest the original photo was really bland, I played with the levels and boosted the blacks a huge amount for that effect.

This is the original-

IMG_2553-2.jpg

wow, thanks for posting this. It's amazing to see how a completely different mood can be created by editing. Mine would be the bland original.

rocco - beautiful shot and a wonderful idea. I take so many of my girls now because I didn't of my beloved Diva and I so wish I could have had today's technology then. Film was just such a pain the patootie to deal with while living remote, which we did for almost her whole life.

Boy, I miss my Girl :mad:party:

Clicking - that's MatildaLily in the quiet shot. She's the younger, crazier one.

ash - something easy sounds good to me as April is totally insane here but I love to check in and even throw some images in now and again.

Edited by kja

Oh, thanks Cordy and Taurus :mad Think I'm going to stick with the original :party:

Kirislin, yeah, a little editing can go along way...all I had to do was adjust the blacks.

Edited by iltby

Hi Guys, I havent been here for a while and thought Id check out what youve been up to, I have lost the plot with my photography latley havent picked up my slr is 3 weeks which is unheard of for me, anyway Im hoping to join in Aprils Challenge and it may help me get my mojo back :(

Id also just like to say everyones work here is so fantastic, and the textured stuff is awesome, very clever work.

Awesome photos every, do love those textures especially - I haven't commented on separate photos as I would be here all day, they are great

Finally took some photos today

F is for fire - (a long way away)

3390874449_5f92ef1226.jpg

Edited by helen

Maybe I'll have a play around with it again :rofl:

Tlc, hope to see you participating in April!

Thanks for the encouragmebt Iltby, Im definatley going to have a crack!! Do we know what it is yet??

They say the Lensbaby takes a while to get used to, I think it might. Mine is the old version of the muse (2.0), if I like it enough I might update and I would LOVE the pinhole optic and the other accessories, will be good once the $ improves. I saw Camera House had the 'control freak' version in their latest catalogue.