2009 Brags Thread

That's wonderful Ptolomy :thumbsup: Congratulations :rofl:

P.S. Can you please tell Donna to get off her :( and email me!!! :D I'd love to stay in touch with how she's going with Lochie!

I will email her tomorrow. I think she there are all age trials for the next couple of weekends and I know that she has just got a job promotion - so she might be out celebrating.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats Minty on the ET title, and to Beans for the agility title! :thumbsup:

No trialling brags here, except we're making slow progress with Millie's dumbell training, which is one of my goals for this year to get her to pick up a dumbell :(

Our latest and (perhaps not) greatest!

We did our first CCCQ trial yesterday (agility). Both puppies had heaps of fun and we came away with 2 cards.

Xena got a card in Gamblers. A messy run, but the missed contact on the a-frame was the only contact she missed all day!! The stopping motion thing when she decides it is more important to keep running is beginning to pay off. (No popping out of weavers either!)

CK was the best he has EVER been at a trial - new grounds and all. Every time he came out he ran like mad (too made in 2 of his runs), but even so we had a ball. Even managed to win the Novice jumpers class.

The other cool thing was that Xena and Ember (Jinkispirit's girl) ran in their strategic pairs and did a really good job for their first outing together. Both girls had a look at each other for the briefest of seconds, but after that it was all smooth sailing - we are looking forward to getting them working well together down the track.

Also well done to Ember for getting a Quali in the last run of the day!!

Congratulations Reddii, Xena and CK!!!! I actually saw your gamblers run yesterday and gave you a huge amount of credit for going back to correct your contact at the time. Didn't realise it was you of course but I am a strong believer in not letting dogs get away with things in trials that you wouldn't let them do in training. Particularly when things like missing contacts could potentially lead to an injury! Good on you!

We got a JDX quallie on Saturday but had a hopeless day yesterday... learnt the hard way that Lomani can't tolerate 2 day trials just yet. :thumbsup:

Well done on your Saturday quallie mntgood, very nice run :thumbsup: .

Bindi got her very first AD quallie on Saturday (very first quallie full stop) :clap:

This was our fourth trial and the first time that she has actually done an A-frame in a trial. Every trial she just kept running around them. I was so excited when she did the A-frame without hesitation that the judge had to remind me to keep going as I was only half way through the course :rofl: . She didn't put a foot wrong and we were still well within the time :scold::rofl::rofl: .

I was entered on Sunday as well but felt that neither myself nor Bindi were up for another long day so we gave it a miss.

Well done Reddi on your two quallies :clap: .

:thumbsup: Thanks Levi and mntgood. Well done on your quallies too!

Thanks for the comment on the correction, it's been a while coming, but I want her to run agility for another 6 or 7 years and don't think I can put up with the madness that we've built up to.

Xena has AWESOME contacts at training, but I've let her get away with running contacts in the ring and it has led to what I have now. At her worst she has not even touched the down side (not contact, the entire side) of the dog walk. I wasn't as good as I should have been in the gamblers ring, but it was the last one she missed for the day.

Funniest thing is her weavers - I've only ever had to fix that once. She popped out 3 times and we walked off the course slowly with her at heel. (she is a brilliant weaving dog, but self rewards by popping out to get to the next obstacle - much the same as her contacts). I don't correct missed entries, I do correct self rewarding - it has to be something that she is 100% on, but chooses to do otherwise or I don't think it is fair to correct. We've only ever done that once for weavers and she has been perfect ever since. I'm waiting for the day I do it for the a-frame, problem solved for ever I think.

Look forward to seeing you at the next one I get to. (They are a bit too far between - ADAA takes up a fair bit of my agility time.)

Congratulations to all the qualifiers

I have a little brag my 22 month old german coolie Gabby was in her first agility trial (not including her two novice gamblers they were practice in the ring and she had passed them and got 2 first places) We went to a country trial for the weekend to Whyalla (5 hours from Adelaide)Gabby did 2 novice agility and 2 novice jumping courses. Her two novice agility she passed with two first places :thumbsup: but she failed her two novice jumping courses though :provoke: one was a knocked bar coming out of the tunnel and the second one was a very hard novice course with only one passing and she did it with a very steady dog. I was so pleased with how she worked next weekend we have another trial so we will see how we go LOL

Another non competitive brag from us :laugh: I have started to teach Cosmo to heel walking backwards and doing tight backward circles etc and she is doing great! We might have to do some doggy dancing or something soon. She is actually starting to truly enjoy heeling too, while she has always been very good at it, she is now starting to prance and dance and literally throws herself into position when i ask.

The only conflict i now have is whether to use food or toy- she has always had a high prey drive and loves tug but ever since i started using some of her meals as training (rather than training treats in addition to her meals) her food drive has spiked to the point that she doesn't seem to want a tug- sometimes. It seems to vary and i find it hard to choose what she really wants! Not a terrible dilemma to have i know :thumbsup:

One last brag- The Dexter man has learnt stand too!! He has learnt it in only 3 weeks and is getting better and better! He's starting to get a nice stand stay and can do it from heeling, sit or drop so far.

We're going to join rotti club next week too so will make sure we keep allocating training time, nothing like the potential for sheer embarassment for motivation :provoke:

Congrats to everyone achieving passes and progress too!!

Edited by Cosmolo

The other cool thing was that Xena and Ember (Jinkispirit's girl) ran in their strategic pairs and did a really good job for their first outing together. Both girls had a look at each other for the briefest of seconds, but after that it was all smooth sailing - we are looking forward to getting them working well together down the track.

Also well done to Ember for getting a Quali in the last run of the day!!

Thanks Reddii. And thanks for trusting Ember and I to me your strategic partner pair! We've certainly got 2 speedy girls!

Ember is fast - if only I could keep up with herso she doesn't get too far in front of me and then wrong courses! But we are getting there - a long way to go, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

My only brag is the qualie at Novice Snooker. But I was really pleased with her weaving at the end. Made her keep doing them on one run and it worked for the next! She knows how to do them but in the ring - all sense escapes her!

My boy Riley got his E.T Title on Saturday. 3 months training paid off. He did so well and behaved like to perfect gentleman.

I am so very proud of him :laugh:

Congrats :( At the Dally Club? Weren't we lucky with the weather!

Congrats on your quallies everyone!!

We finally had a successful weekend!!

Ended up with 7 quallies and 2 titles over the 2 days at Mt Gravatt.

Sat - JDX (2nd), AD (2nd), GD(1st) and SPD(1st and title)

Sun - SP, SPD (3rd), GD(title)

YAY! It has been long awaited......

My boy Riley got his E.T Title on Saturday. 3 months training paid off. He did so well and behaved like to perfect gentleman.

I am so very proud of him :happydance:

Congrats :happydance: At the Dally Club? Weren't we lucky with the weather!

Thanks

Yes at the Dally Club was a great day and great company, the weather was just right (not like now to bloody cold)

Might have to see who I can do it with next year got a couple to chose from :champagne:

Did you compete if so how did you go??? :champagne:

Edited by springdog

Well done and congrats everyone! There's some really fantastic achievements there.

When's your boy going to do his next trial TSD? He's going fantastically and you should be really proud of all your hard work and training.

Springdog that's great, Riley is the most lovely boy.