2009 Brags Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you SO much for all your good wishes - lovely to have so much support :) It was a very long but very satisfying day - The Spotted Devil himself has absolutely crashed :laugh:

Oh, and SO nice to have that first trial out of the way.....it's must be more than 10 years since I've last trialled :laugh::thumbsup:

Yesterday, my girl, Ember achieved her 'Tracking Champion'. She has to work hard for it but found the tracklayer.

I am so proud of her. :laugh:

I'd like to thank everyone who helped me along the way.

:laugh::) Only just saw this - WELL DONE.

Thanks Reddii

Yesterday, my girl, Ember achieved her 'Tracking Champion'. She has to work hard for it but found the tracklayer.

I am so proud of her. :)

I'd like to thank everyone who helped me along the way.

:):mad Only just saw this - WELL DONE.

Thanks Reddii

:o

My turn.......

Xena got her first Agility card in intermediate on Saturday night. (I'm still not convinced she got her down contact second time over the a-frame, but I still have a card.) Jumping cards are easy, but agility isn't proving quite as simple.

We have a new rule and it is working wonders after just one outing - if you don't come to a dead stop at the bottom of a contact you come back and sit beside me for 10 seconds before you continue. Even with a 10 second break we still made time!

I did it 3 times on Saturday night - by the last run she was pretty good. The same rule, only different applies for weavers - if you pop out of them you get a break, if you do it twice you get another break, if you do it a third time you get to walk off the course in heeling position, past every jump I can find and then go straight back into your crate. We did this once on the night - for the next two runs I had the most AWESOME weaving dog you have ever seen - really hard entries at full speed, but no mistakes and no popping out. It shouldn't take too long for it to sink in on contacts - don't stop at the bottom (regardless of whether you hit the paint or not) and you get to have a nice little rest. I'd never try this with a soft dog that didn't have true value for the game itself, but for a dog that self rewards and understands what is required like Xena does at agility it is truly painful and very effective! :o (sorry little one).

The yesterday CK achieved his Australian Flyball Champion Title. (He only needed a handful of points so he definitely got that!) Both puppies ran really well over 13 inches all day and didn't make a mistake (unless you count the one brain explosion after I let Xena go too early and both of them freaked out!) The team hadn't run together for about 9 months and never with only 4 dogs all day in 9 races, so we were all really pleased with coming second in div 1. In the last race of the day they were 2 down in the best of five and still managed to pull it out of the fire, although for the first time ever Xena was a tired little doggy at the end of it all.

Well Done Reddii :)

Xena will be a great little Agility Dog when she learns the rules properly Hey :o ... sometimes it just also takes time for them to mature a bit, keep up the good work it is starting to pay off...

My little Brag was that Coco had her first Agility trial in 7mths, due to a small injury and maternaty duties... but we have been trainijng and it also paid off on Sat night, with her getting her first clear round in Open Agility, with an awesome run and also taking 1st place YAY :) her other runs were very nice, just a minor fault, we tested out some very cool handling stuff, and our training is working, we had very cool weave entries, almost got the gambler run, alot of dogs struggles with weaves in the gamble but, she didn't quite send out over the 3rd jump, but it was a cracking run.. looking forward to our next competition at MAcksville...

BC4ME - Coco ran really well. I didn't realise she had been out of it for so long!! Thanks for the words - when she learns the rules and I learn the courses we will truly be a force to be reckoned with! (got E'd on the last open jumping run of the night becuase I missed one hurdle, other than that she ran amazingly well!)

Laffi - Unfortunately there will be no videos for this one. My cinematographer was otherwise engaged with last minute flyball preparations. Hopefully that will be a little bit of incentive for her to start running an agility dog! :)

Forgot to add, OH did a fantastic job with Mr CK. Her best start of the day was .007 - now she's trying to tell me she is James Bond!!

ETA - forgot to add, I also got my first 2 yellow cards - both with another dog!! The plan was for me to run a mini-schnauzer in the other team. After he crossed 2 times in the first 2 races I got the sack. :o Seems running a Schnauzer is not the same as running a BC after all. :) who'd have thought.......

Edited by Reddii

Congratulations everybody on there passes :thumbsup:

Just had to put mine up. Was very proud of my girls. Went to a country trial over the weekend out of 8 classes got 6 first places. Xena was a very good girl and pass all of her classes 2 ud and 1 open. Inka managed a pass in open and managed to do a sit stay but couldnt do a drop stay in ud and she decided to get up and move to another spot to get a better view.

But my little 21 month old coolie Gabby I was so proud of her. She failed the first day but got her second leg on the second day. The first day she got a bit worried about bringing me the dumbell and sat slowly was worried lost 3 points and 1 point in the heelwork but the decided to do a 2.5 minute stand stay without moving. The next day was even better she got full marks in all of her exercise except the retrieve over the jump where she hit her foot on the jump and lost the dumbell but picked it up lost 6 points on that exercise. She also managed to do her sit stay with both dogs alongside her laying down and dogs walking out of the ring. I am so proud of Gabby hopefully next weekend will be our CDX title :):(

:)

My turn.......

Xena got her first Agility card in intermediate on Saturday night. (I'm still not convinced she got her down contact second time over the a-frame, but I still have a card.) Jumping cards are easy, but agility isn't proving quite as simple.

We have a new rule and it is working wonders after just one outing - if you don't come to a dead stop at the bottom of a contact you come back and sit beside me for 10 seconds before you continue. Even with a 10 second break we still made time!

I did it 3 times on Saturday night - by the last run she was pretty good. The same rule, only different applies for weavers - if you pop out of them you get a break, if you do it twice you get another break, if you do it a third time you get to walk off the course in heeling position, past every jump I can find and then go straight back into your crate. We did this once on the night - for the next two runs I had the most AWESOME weaving dog you have ever seen - really hard entries at full speed, but no mistakes and no popping out. It shouldn't take too long for it to sink in on contacts - don't stop at the bottom (regardless of whether you hit the paint or not) and you get to have a nice little rest. I'd never try this with a soft dog that didn't have true value for the game itself, but for a dog that self rewards and understands what is required like Xena does at agility it is truly painful and very effective! :) (sorry little one).

The yesterday CK achieved his Australian Flyball Champion Title. (He only needed a handful of points so he definitely got that!) Both puppies ran really well over 13 inches all day and didn't make a mistake (unless you count the one brain explosion after I let Xena go too early and both of them freaked out!) The team hadn't run together for about 9 months and never with only 4 dogs all day in 9 races, so we were all really pleased with coming second in div 1. In the last race of the day they were 2 down in the best of five and still managed to pull it out of the fire, although for the first time ever Xena was a tired little doggy at the end of it all.

Congratuls Reddii - that is fantastic news! Well done.

Congratulations everybody on there passes :thumbsup:

Just had to put mine up. Was very proud of my girls. Went to a country trial over the weekend out of 8 classes got 6 first places. Xena was a very good girl and pass all of her classes 2 ud and 1 open. Inka managed a pass in open and managed to do a sit stay but couldnt do a drop stay in ud and she decided to get up and move to another spot to get a better view.

But my little 21 month old coolie Gabby I was so proud of her. She failed the first day but got her second leg on the second day. The first day she got a bit worried about bringing me the dumbell and sat slowly was worried lost 3 points and 1 point in the heelwork but the decided to do a 2.5 minute stand stay without moving. The next day was even better she got full marks in all of her exercise except the retrieve over the jump where she hit her foot on the jump and lost the dumbell but picked it up lost 6 points on that exercise. She also managed to do her sit stay with both dogs alongside her laying down and dogs walking out of the ring. I am so proud of Gabby hopefully next weekend will be our CDX title :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now that's what you call a good weekend :thumbsup: . Young Gabby sounds like she's doing brilliantly for you. :rolleyes: about the 2.5 minute stand stay. My first BC Sam did one of those one day - he was concerned about the stand in dog, so he moved about a metre forward in an out of sight, (can't remember if it was UD or Open - may have been UD), then stood without moving for the rest of the time. Dogs'll do that to you. :laugh:

At Jordi and I's first ever agility trial on the w/e we managed to get only 1 Refusal and 2 Faults!! in ELEM Agility :( .....He did all this contact work like a pro...except for the up contact on the DW cos he was just soo eager, LOL! I was soo proud of my baby, he did so well. We have only been officially training for 3 months with WAAG agility in QLD. I dont know what we ended up placing as I didnt stay for presentations, however there were over 20 people entered in my class :)

After people telling us not to enter and saying we would just embarrass ourselves, we decided to enter anyway and am very happy we did! :o It was a GREAT experience for both of us and I learnt alot from the day, and Jordi had sooo much fun! So many people thought is was great seeing a glamerous rough collie go around the course!!

I will upload photos as soon as my friend gets around to sending them to me.

Now for more agility trials...... :)

Edited by Heidii

:rofl:

Hi all its seems years since I was able to post on this topic as to Rani's achievments hang it was bloody hell :(

we have been breaking her stays in fact we --- are you ready -- she failed 10/12 stays last season in open ,wait there is more she did her stays at Berwick got first place and a pass YAHOO !! :rofl:

well done to all the others I have read about your succes

lets hope its the best year yet cheers Glorybea