2009 Brags Thread

Hey Pippi and Jess. - that's great :p :( Gotta say it feels nice to have that Masters done and ddusted - and Jess. - like me you've got one towards your 2 :rofl: Good luck with the agility both of you.

Thanks Tassie - happy trialling to you as well!! :( I am over the moon about getting our first Masters title, particularly since Darcy is my first dog and is still quite young. We've had a big few weeks, 3 titles finished in 4 weeks (ADX, JDM and JDO) and the extra passes in Masters was just icing on the cake :)

Have to admit I'm really quite looking forward to having this weekend off from trialling :rofl::eek:

:rofl: :rofl: :cry::mad I don't believe you just said that.......Hugh congratulations to you and Darcy, that is quite an effort and could well be a record. A bottle of champers would have been appropriate on Sunday for you two - I trust Darcy was adequately rewarded for her efforts...... :(:rofl: :rofl:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have to admit I'm really quite looking forward to having this weekend off from trialling :laugh::)

:laugh::eek::) :) I don't believe you just said that....

Wouldn't be an issue if I didn't have to go to work! :) Must mention that at my next performance review..... my job is getting in the way of my training and trialling! :mad Good thing my boss has a good sense of humour and didn't mind me heading home early Monday arvo to catch up on some sleep..... :)

Guest Clover
Congratulations all.

Pippi....well done!

This brag is a brag about someone else....a little kelpie named Rosie and her handler Geoff. Rosie started life as a sheepdog a bit slow. She was scared of sheep and, to her breeder, looked as though she wouldn't mount up to much more than a pet. Well 4 years later she has grown up to be a great little bitch....worth her weight in gold, all due to the patience and consistencey of her charge, Geoff.

At casterton 2008 she won equal 1st in the high jump and took out the prestigious Casterton Kelpie Triathlon event. The event was a combination of High Jump, sprint and hill climb and Rosie won paws down.

Last weekend Rosie and Geoff entered the encourage class at the sheep dog trials in Welshpool. The course was not easy it included race, yard, truck and paddock. Rosie and Geoff won with an almost perfect score of 99/100.

Not bad for a little dog that would yelp and run away from sheep until she was 6 - 7 months old.

Congratulations to Rosie and Geoff. I look forward to seeing more spectacular stuff from you two.

Have just noticed this post, Congratulations to Rosie and Geoff. She should blitz em again in 09.

Way to go Geoff and Rosie, that is excellent news :wave:. Hopefully we will see you soon :).

We had a 2 day Flyball comp at Hastings on the weekend, day one went great & Harri got his FDX title. He hardly put a paw wrong all day, was excited to be there etc. Sunday was abismal, 1 clean run for the whole day... the poor boy was exhausted from the day before and could not muster enough energy to get going :(.

I also started Elvis back doing some Obedience work this afternoon, he did great and hopefully will be ready to trial soon. It is amazing what they remember from learning early on in life.

Well, last night I started teaching Ed to hold the dumbell, he is doing well, taking it every time, and holding for a second or 2. Then cos I felt bad that Molly was shut out I thought what can I do with her, so I found a metal article, and got her holding that, she's never held a metal article before, and she picked it up so quickly, I was thrilled!!!

That is awesome! Well done :wave:

I made small progress again tonight with Millie's dumbell work. To date, she refuses to take anything out of my hand into her mouth, unless it's food :( But tonight I got her to take the dumbell out of my hand! :) She only holds it for a split second, but duration isn't what I'm focusing on at the moment, just trying to get her to take the blasted thing out of my hand or pick it up off the floor! So a bit more with this and we can start working on some duration :) Coming from having a dog who would pick anything up off the floor or out of your hand since a pup, I didn't realise this would be so hard to teach an older dog!

I certainly had an absolute blast, LL :laugh:

Just noticed the scores for the weekend - Yo was on 142 points for his 3rd place on Sunday, only 3 points behind the winner! There's hope for us yet :laugh:

Hey SD,

Long suffering husband running Yo this weekend. Not in novice on Saturday, as I am judging, but in restricted both days and novice on Sunday.

Just returned from yet another trip away from home. Poooooooor long suffering, was home alone again.

[quote name='Pippi' date='20th Apr 2009 - 05:56 PM' post='3612904'

This weekend at Geelong Pippi and I managed 2 more Excellent Jumping passes, at last achieving our Jumping Dog Excellent Title. Now to start work on the Agility Titles.....cursed contacts......

Wow, just saw this, congrats :laugh: Now you can play with us in Masters :eek: Don't worry, I'll be in Ex Agility for ever...

And congrats to Jess too on Darcy's title haul, what a team! :laugh::scold:

Way to go Geoff and Rosie, that is excellent news :thumbsup:. Hopefully we will see you soon :laugh:.

We had a 2 day Flyball comp at Hastings on the weekend, day one went great & Harri got his FDX title. He hardly put a paw wrong all day, was excited to be there etc. Sunday was abismal, 1 clean run for the whole day... the poor boy was exhausted from the day before and could not muster enough energy to get going :laugh:.

I also started Elvis back doing some Obedience work this afternoon, he did great and hopefully will be ready to trial soon. It is amazing what they remember from learning early on in life.

Poor Harry but congrats on his FDX!

We may see you in the obedience rings instead of the flyball ones soon :rofl:

Sexi Lexi got her first open obedience pass yesterday - but it was special as she was drawn next to the GSD that stood over her in stays at the Western Classic. This is the first lot of stays she has done since the beginning of March - it has been a slow work in progress rebuilding her confidence and I am tickled pink that she sat there for the entire 3 minutes Good girl Lex.... :thumbsup:

Lexi followed up today with her last leg of excellent agility - so she now gets to play with the BIG kids :laugh:

Beans also got an open agility pass - go I guess I can't write that she was woeful on my website again......

Sexi Lexi got her first open obedience pass yesterday - but it was special as she was drawn next to the GSD that stood over her in stays at the Western Classic. This is the first lot of stays she has done since the beginning of March - it has been a slow work in progress rebuilding her confidence and I am tickled pink that she sat there for the entire 3 minutes Good girl Lex.... :thumbsup:

Lexi followed up today with her last leg of excellent agility - so she now gets to play with the BIG kids :rofl:

Beans also got an open agility pass - go I guess I can't write that she was woeful on my website again......

Go Lexi...didn't take you long to get to Masters :laugh:

:) Xena I totally agree but well done Ptolomy and Caffy (I told Sue before she flew out this morning of your results :walkdog: - go the red dogs).

Hmmm I am going to brag cos I was soooo pleased with Kenzie on Saturday. She hasn't really done much 2x2 weaving for the last week yet nailed 4 poles in a straight row at a new location with an entry that even Ness couldn't manage :thumbsup: . She also managed to demo it in front of an audience. Now while that might not seem much she is a bit people timid and in particular wasn't to happy with Sue (poor Sue). She did have a minor panic moment but I was able to get her to work through it and still do as I requested. We were just demoing the 2 poles but then when they started to go in to watch the dvd I put the other 2 up and had her go through the 4. Even if she does think the tunnel was for jumping on top of :) .

Goodonya Ptolomy :) , well I did safely deposit her at the airport this morning after a moment or three of considering of getting lost :walkdog: . But my brain was so full after the weekend not sure I could take much more for a little while :thumbsup: .

Have to say had an abolute ball with Sue on the weekend I think she should pack her bags and come and live in Adelaide :walkdog:

OVER CAFFY AND MY DEAD BODIES :thumbsup:

can be arranged :) ohh sorry Ness I think I let that one out of the bag :)

Caffy's little red man, and Scoota's partner in crime Mr Alex won masters agility today.

It was the bestest run I have ever seen him do ...... :eek:

Well done mate!

I'm not sure where the fast Alex came from...he sure had something up his butt and we just tuned in to each other and off we went. You don't get many runs like that where you are both in the zone :laugh:

I enjoyed every minute of that run...hang on, it was only 33 secs!!LOL