2009 Brags Thread

Biker girl - no - won't be at New Norfolk - don't have an obedience dog now :thumbsup: - my agility girl Kirra doesn't believe in Obedience :thumbsup: , and my little big man Rory will be at his first 'big dog' show - showing in Puppy for the first time at Ranelagh.

Cosmolo - that sounds fantastic. OK you've shamed me - I need todo more shaping with puppy Rory. Just have to put Kirra away while I do it - she always wants to push in :thumbsup:

Well done, Pippa - and jinkispirit - and TSD and LL..

Isn't it great to see the variety of things people are doing with their dogs - lucky dogs - lucky people.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK then, if you insist. Pippi and I did manage 2 excellent jumping passes and both 1st places over the weekend at the ADCV agility trial. Must say its "been a long time between drinks" and I was beginning to get a little disheartened. Now I am all unthusiastic again and ready to keep training (especially those cursed contacts).

Silvawillow, I did see a few of Kirra's runs - I always love watching her run. Poor Scotty was exhausted while Kirra was still rearing to go again - what a friend, I heard someone suggest to him that he should take her for an hours run before her agility run and maybe she would calm down. Somehow I doubt that. :thumbsup::confused::rofl:

CONGRATULATIONS on your passes! Is that your title?!?!

I know I feel bad that she's such a feral Miss but I can't believe how good he is to her and how paitent :thumbsup: I keep thinking when she's older she'll calm down but she's already 6 and not showing much signs of it.

I think she could have run all the way from Shepp to the trial and still not be pooped :thumbsup: I'm gonna have to get off my butt and do some training or bring her down for some training. Just been a bit busy of late with Lacey and herding and tracking and conformation ring!

Congratulations again!!!!!

Congratulations all.

Pippi....well done!

This brag is a brag about someone else....a little kelpie named Rosie and her handler Geoff. Rosie started life as a sheepdog a bit slow. She was scared of sheep and, to her breeder, looked as though she wouldn't mount up to much more than a pet. Well 4 years later she has grown up to be a great little bitch....worth her weight in gold, all due to the patience and consistencey of her charge, Geoff.

At casterton 2008 she won equal 1st in the high jump and took out the prestigious Casterton Kelpie Triathlon event. The event was a combination of High Jump, sprint and hill climb and Rosie won paws down.

Last weekend Rosie and Geoff entered the encourage class at the sheep dog trials in Welshpool. The course was not easy it included race, yard, truck and paddock. Rosie and Geoff won with an almost perfect score of 99/100.

Not bad for a little dog that would yelp and run away from sheep until she was 6 - 7 months old.

Congratulations to Rosie and Geoff. I look forward to seeing more spectacular stuff from you two.

OK then, if you insist. Pippi and I did manage 2 excellent jumping passes and both 1st places over the weekend at the ADCV agility trial. Must say its "been a long time between drinks" and I was beginning to get a little disheartened. Now I am all unthusiastic again and ready to keep training (especially those cursed contacts).

Oh the agony of a twisted arm :eek:

You were so so close the previous weekend, more than once too, and I reckon if you weren't dragged down with that horrible lurgy you'd have been doing the title ribbon run at ADCV :thumbsup:

Well done to Kiz and her handler too - he does bloody well with a range of different dogs! :cool: When we will see you back on the agility trial circuit SW?? :(

Today we got our 3rd Novice Jumping Qually - which means we get our title!

Not our best run - Kaos stopped to sniff in the middle of the course, so did a few others, turns out there was dry food sprinkled on that part of the course! Something we obviously haven't proofed for! Ended up being about 1 second over time, but the judge took into account the food on the course.

A small brag for my little obedience dogs.

The State Agility Championships today and Lexi got 2 passes in excellent agility and made the finals and Scoota finished 4th in masters jumping and made the final. :laugh:

Not a hope in hell in being competitive in the finals - when you are running against super fast BC's but we got to rub shoulders with them :laugh: Can't ask for more than that......

Congratulations on everyones brag. :) Had to put one in. Today we had an obedience trial and my little baby Gabby got her first pass in open with a score of 197 and first place. :rofl: Considering the last two trials were a bit of a flop with Gabby falling in love with a rotti and moving all of her feet :rofl: and the other one fell in a hole as she wasnt watching me on the recall. She came when she was called but than fell in the hole when I told her to drop she just couldnt do it :rofl: but today she got it all together. My other coolie Xena got a first in ud with 187 points and first place wont mention the other two classes though. :love:

Congratulations with Gabby - in spite of the fact that her mum had to madly dash out the ring before the retrieve on the flat to switch dumbbells :) .

Edited by ness

Shushh Ness!

That was suppose to be a secret felt like an absolute fool though when out came that dumbell and it was the heavier one that I use for the other girls and Gabby is like this small wooden thing LOL :):rofl:

alot of money :):rofl: Now I am totally broke and ohh by the way not only did that happen but when I went in with Xena in UD to do the article lo and behold I only have 4 leathers in my box :rofl: Jenny came with her spare set so I could pinch one of her leathers :love: Talk about having a bad day. Last weekend at Mount Gambier lost the sunnies must have lost the leather the dog bowl and I think thats about it :rofl: Must get better though

A small brag for my little obedience dogs.

The State Agility Championships today and Lexi got 2 passes in excellent agility and made the finals and Scoota finished 4th in masters jumping and made the final. :)

Not a hope in hell in being competitive in the finals - when you are running against super fast BC's but we got to rub shoulders with them :rofl: Can't ask for more than that......

Go Scoota and Lexi.

Alex did his bit too...2nd in Masters agility and 7th in Open Jumping to make 2 finals. Very proud of Mr Alex :love:

Just a quick on from me - Ness finally managed leg 6 towards her ADM today. Not bad considering she might be carrying injury, not convinced either way. 1 more leg until she can retire :rofl: .

ETA. OMG I can't even type correctly tonight I must be buggered and now Ptolomy has quoted by poor grammar for prosperity :p .

Edited by ness

Just a quick on from me - Ness finally managed leg 6 towards her ADM today. Not bad considering her back be carrying injury, not convinced either way. 1 more leg until she can retire :p .

Well done Sal. :rofl:

I am sitting here laughing as Ness obviously has you on just the right reinforcement schedule to keep you going..... :cry:

Good luck at the next trial - better practice those contacts between now and then :cry: