2009 Brags Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wll done everyone. Well......last week I was about to retire Mr CK from agility - he just HATED it. We were away and on a very sandy field, but I couldn't put him through it again he was so sad.

What a difference a week makes........

The card isn't worth anything because we need agility, not jumpers, but still nice to get him around clear. I'm not sure whether I was happier with this or the run where he decided he needed to go over the a-frame 3 times of his own accord, all the while looking at me as if to say, 'get with it, I get treats for doing this you know.

Either way he was happy all day and couldn't wait to get out of his crate for his next run. We just might make an agility dog out of him yet!

Well done to Kiz and her handler too - he does bloody well with a range of different dogs! :thumbsup: When we will see you back on the agility trial circuit SW?? :cheer:

Yeah, he does an awesome job and has such paitence with the black dog that I don't have, LOL. I'm thinking of maybe trying to find a trial in June/July to enter as I'm pretty busy with Lacey, and herding, and tracking and conformation and booked solid until June :thumbsup: Plus I haven't had time to train Denny :p

Congratulations all.

Pippi....well done!

This brag is a brag about someone else....a little kelpie named Rosie and her handler Geoff. Rosie started life as a sheepdog a bit slow. She was scared of sheep and, to her breeder, looked as though she wouldn't mount up to much more than a pet. Well 4 years later she has grown up to be a great little bitch....worth her weight in gold, all due to the patience and consistencey of her charge, Geoff.

At casterton 2008 she won equal 1st in the high jump and took out the prestigious Casterton Kelpie Triathlon event. The event was a combination of High Jump, sprint and hill climb and Rosie won paws down.

Last weekend Rosie and Geoff entered the encourage class at the sheep dog trials in Welshpool. The course was not easy it included race, yard, truck and paddock. Rosie and Geoff won with an almost perfect score of 99/100.

Not bad for a little dog that would yelp and run away from sheep until she was 6 - 7 months old.

Congratulations to Rosie and Geoff. I look forward to seeing more spectacular stuff from you two.

Have just noticed this post, Congratulations to Rosie and Geoff. She should blitz em again in 09.

This weekend at Geelong Pippi and I managed 2 more Excellent Jumping passes, at last achieving our Jumping Dog Excellent Title. Now to start work on the Agility Titles.....cursed contacts......

:thumbsup: Go Pippi :thumbsup:

We had a great weekend as well, we needed 2 Masters Jumping passes for Darcy's Masters Jumping Title and we got 3 :thumbsup::rofl: Two 2nds and a 3rd, and then managed to pick up our 1st Masters Agility pass with a 3rd as well. :D

CK is very cute Reddii! He is faster than Brock! lol

LOL thanks. He's only slow when he's not 100% sure of what he is doing. (think 4.5 second flyball dog!!) I can't wait until he decides he really understands agility - it should be a fun ride!!

Reddii - I love watching you and your dogs. they have improved so much since the first vid you had posted of Xena's run! You should be very proud of them both :rofl::hug:

Ness - huge congrats on your pass - just watched the vid and was about to email you to ask if it was a pass :laugh:

and of course congrats to my favourite black dog Kiz :rofl: Nutter that she is :rofl:

WTG Jess - cant' complain about that! Go Darcy, Go Darcy!

Now - I'm leaving this thread coz It's making me jealous - I wanna compete :):rofl: All i got to do was steward UD on the weekend and see how much more training we need to do till I'll be happy to enter the ring :rofl:

Great brags everyone! Going to watch the videos soon! :cry:

I've just sent entries off for more obedience trials, but now getting scared we won't be able to enter. Ruby is having some trouble sitting, she is hesitating badly (kinda squatting and that's it) and her left leg feels stiff and she won't bend it when I try to bend it for her. So if it doesn't get better in the next couple of days, off to doggy chiro I think, as I don't think a vet can help. She isn't limping and she doesn't appear to be in pain (ie. no yelping or whining) so I'm hoping chiro might be the answer! Any advice, anyone? I'm worried about my girl :happydance: Any possibility getting bitten by bull ants could have this kind of effect? Only thing I can think of is she was sitting in grass with bull ants at a retrieving trial yesterday.

Edited by RubyStar

Way to go everyone!

Rubystar is there any heat anywhere? Inflamation from a bite or a knock can make them stiff and sore without actually being lame. Have you looked up around her girlie bits? If she was sitting and got bitten by a bull ant around there, well I wouldn't be sitting either! The chiro's probably the right thing to do. Vet if no luck there, but don't worry. Ruby will be fine.

I did check her leg for swelling and if it felt hotter, and no luck. She just won't bend it like her right back foot. Haven't checked her girly bits, but she was laying sprawled out in all her glory this morning and without examining, I didn't see anything unusual. For the meantime, I'm just not asking her to sit and see if it heals in the next few days. If not, I might consider making that chiro appointment. She seems well though, she's still playing with Millie and all :D

:D RubyStar I think occasionally they play with your mind. Ness was supposedly sore on Saturday at the obedience trial yet didn't drop a bar on Sunday at the agility trial which would suggest to me there was nothing the matter on the Saturday yet even the judge on Saturday commented that something was up. Its now Tue and I am undecided. She had a run with Kenzie yesterday which she wouldn't usually do but seems a bit subude. Guess I'll see what happens at training tonight.

Hey Pippi and Jess. - that's great :):love: Gotta say it feels nice to have that Masters done and ddusted - and Jess. - like me you've got one towards your 2 :eek: Good luck with the agility both of you.

Thanks Tassie - happy trialling to you as well!! :hug: I am over the moon about getting our first Masters title, particularly since Darcy is my first dog and is still quite young. We've had a big few weeks, 3 titles finished in 4 weeks (ADX, JDM and JDO) and the extra passes in Masters was just icing on the cake :)

Have to admit I'm really quite looking forward to having this weekend off from trialling :hug::eek:

Reddii - I love watching you and your dogs. they have improved so much since the first vid you had posted of Xena's run! You should be very proud of them both :love::)

Thanks LP. VERY proud of them - especially as they are my first puppies. (Would never have two young dogs at the same time again though!)

When I look back at Missy's first run it is amazing how far she has come - even more amazing when I think back to how harshly I trained her before I knew there is a different way! For some dogs a firm hand is necessary, for these guys not so much.

Ok figure I might as well have a brag about my baby for a change. Went training as I usually do on Tuesday night and Tuesday night training is Ness's night to go through the ring. Kenzie has her training on Monday evening but she tags along and I do small bits and pieces with her. A fortnight ago she was acting extremely skittish and spooked and totally shut down on me - first time its really happened when I have had her out.

Tonight was the first night she has gone back since (didn't go last week). Any way I was mucking around with her doing some heelwork, recalls, COP drop, stays etc - all the time I was working Kenzie was fully attentive to me and pushing me hard with some very prancy drivey heelwork. A few bits of inattention when a dog would bark somewhere aggressively. Not bad considering we were right next to dogs in class and therefore obviously strange people which she has a bit of trouble with. All of this was off-lead I might add.

A women was watching us very intently and came over to compliment her and ask her how old she was and that obviously I had trained lots of dogs before. I mentioned that she was only my second and the women was pretty gobsmacked. Actually I was particularly gobsmacked as not only was she working but giving me full focus while the women was standing within normal "spooky" distance for her and then when I had finished and was chatting to the women she actually made a positive approach towards the women :) . Not sure what I am more chuffed about her performance or the fact she approached her without backing off.

Maybe we will get there after all. She is such a neat little worker - everything about her is fast, attentive and driven. Her fronts are just gorgeous and oh so close. She is super easy to rev up and just has enthusiasm for whatever I ask.

Any way thought I would post a brag as I am pretty chuffed with my little WA bred munchkin - fingers crossed a superstar in the making.

I've just sent entries off for more obedience trials, but now getting scared we won't be able to enter. Ruby is having some trouble sitting, she is hesitating badly (kinda squatting and that's it) and her left leg feels stiff and she won't bend it when I try to bend it for her. So if it doesn't get better in the next couple of days, off to doggy chiro I think, as I don't think a vet can help. She isn't limping and she doesn't appear to be in pain (ie. no yelping or whining) so I'm hoping chiro might be the answer! Any advice, anyone? I'm worried about my girl Any possibility getting bitten by bull ants could have this kind of effect? Only thing I can think of is she was sitting in grass with bull ants at a retrieving trial yesterday.

Get used to not competing at trials that you have entered if somethings not right...........its part of what most successful triallers do anyway.

I've just sent entries off for more obedience trials, but now getting scared we won't be able to enter. Ruby is having some trouble sitting, she is hesitating badly (kinda squatting and that's it) and her left leg feels stiff and she won't bend it when I try to bend it for her. So if it doesn't get better in the next couple of days, off to doggy chiro I think, as I don't think a vet can help. She isn't limping and she doesn't appear to be in pain (ie. no yelping or whining) so I'm hoping chiro might be the answer! Any advice, anyone? I'm worried about my girl Any possibility getting bitten by bull ants could have this kind of effect? Only thing I can think of is she was sitting in grass with bull ants at a retrieving trial yesterday.

Get used to not competing at trials that you have entered if somethings not right...........its part of what most successful triallers do anyway.

I would never enter if I knew there was something wrong. She has pulled up fine today, no sign of stiffness or soreness and is sitting properly and bending her leg. I'm going to rest her for the rest of the week to be sure, though it's driving her nuts! So instead of walking the girls, I practiced getting Millie to pick up the dreaded dumbell by using Ruby as a demonstration dog to Millie :laugh: We had some success :rolleyes: I set the 2 dumbells down away from the dogs, got them to sit and asked them to wait, and kinda revved them up with the anticipation of waiting for something :laugh: then sent them off on a race to get it! Worked a treat, Millie was racing to the dumbell and actually picking it up :rofl::scared: Teaching the dumbell (for me at least) is freakin' hard work!!

ETA: I discovered Ruby can pick up 2 dumbells at once and carry them around :rofl: Wish I had gotten a photo!

Edited by RubyStar

Everyone's doing so well!

Rubystar, hope Ruby's ok, what a bugger

Sounds like Kenzie is doing awesome too! Gives you such a buzz when people like them so much that they make a point to comment :scared:

Well, last night I started teaching Ed to hold the dumbell, he is doing well, taking it every time, and holding for a second or 2. Then cos I felt bad that Molly was shut out I thought what can I do with her, so I found a metal article, and got her holding that, she's never held a metal article before, and she picked it up so quickly, I was thrilled!!!

Quick vid

She's a clever little bimbo!!!

Seems theres a few of us that are doing this (obedience/flyball/agility thang) with our first ever dogs, and we're getting places with it too :rolleyes: