2009 Brags Thread

I know I'm a couple of days late putting my little brag on, but here it is anyway :cry:, I took Pebbles & Izzi to the Dova mock trial on Sunday, we only did CCD because it was our first time. Pebbles failed her stand for examination but I was really pleased with every thing else, only put Izzi in because we were there & she did way better than I expected, the Shepherd next to her in the sit & drop stay got up & took off but Izzi didn't move, wow so proud :) . Then we went to dog club after we got home, Pebbles got her club certificate & Izzi graduated to grade 4, what a day :offtopic:.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a late brag.

Had a flyball demo last Saturday at the Pakenham Show, and after 12 months of no flyball, they picked it up straight away and went perfectly! Nova had one brief blond moment but other than that both dogs didn't do any thing wrong......only the handler did :laugh:

First comp is in 2 weeks, very excited, can't wait too see how they go :)

Hey Dova,

I saw you in passing but didn't get a chance to say hi. Sounds like your two did well :o .

After watching your video I pulled out my photos but wasn't sure which BC was yours in the sit & drop stays & I remember seeing you working in the ring, if I had of known who you were I would have said G'day :) .

Darcy got her final pass for her JDO today!! :laugh:

Was an interesting course, plenty of room for speed with a straight 3 jump run-up into a tyre, but was actually a call-off into a fairly difficult weave entry. I fully expected to have to call her off the tyre out into no-mans land and send her back out to hit the weave entry. Instead she listened beautifully to my "pull-up" cue and hit the weave entry perfectly with no hesitation!! :rofl:

Woo Hoo - Go Ms Darcy !

How did you go with agility? Are we both still members of the 'Only need one more pass and how friggin' long is it going to take?' Club :laugh::):(

:laugh: Yep we're both still members...... stupid single fault runs :cheer:

Here I was worrying that I'd get stuck in ADX due to April's trial calender and missing out on a pass up somewhere, now I'm thinking, what if I get to the end of April after so many trials and still don't get there :):rofl:

Well I didn't think I would contribute here for a while as we aren't trialling yet. But last night we went along to an agility trial to have a look at the sort of courses they were setting for novice and cheer some club mates along. Anyway, they had a fundraiser going which was 36 weave poles in succession. We thought we would have a crack at it and I honestly thought that Lomani would just pull out once she realised she had done more than 12. But she didn't!!!!! She flew through all 36 of them on her first go and in a decent time of 11.17 seconds. :laugh: :laugh: :rolleyes: It was such a buzz... now I can't wait for her first trial!!!!

:laugh: Way to go Jess and mntgood.

Well, Miss Kirra and I have a brag. We finished our Tasmanian Agility Bonanza today (2 weekends of double double - first weekend included Games.)

Last weekend, Kirra finished her Novice Snooker Dog title, yesterday she got the last pass she needed For Masters Jumping, and today she got the last pass she needed for ADO2. Considering she got Masters Agility title in February - I think we can say we're having a good year - long may it continue. I think I'm keeping the Canine Association financial all by myself :laugh:.

I am trying to put into practice what we learnt at the Derrett seminar - can't say I've got it all down pat, but I'm sure it's helping.

Well done Tassie!! 4 titles in so little time. :rolleyes: And a big well done to mntgood, you've obviously done a heap of work on your weaving - good on you! :laugh:

Tassie, I'm really happy with what I've picked up out of the Derrett seminar as well. We had several from club go and it's been great to have others to bounce ideas off and work through the understanding of it. Also means we've had some interesting "discussions" along the way, but I've certainly learnt a lot from it. :laugh:

We had a two day trial over the weekend. Both puppies did very well with one card each and a couple of wins when they ran with a fault.

This was my favourite run of the weekend with just one bar dropped and one small mistake from me (I rear crossed the tunnel and Xena did the right thing - I was just lucky she didn't refuse the next jump.)

CK got eliminated in starters when I pulled him back from the tunnel after he had put his nose into it - he missed the last weaver, but aside from that I was wrapped to see him running so hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xhK3LFE0yQ

Just a shame he missed the dog walk in this one - it would have meant out BAAD title on the weekend, but it wasn't to be. Unfortunately we missed videoing his clear run, but it was AWESOME and he was still jumping up trying to eat his toy at the end of day 2. 3 months ago he would have been in his crate refusing to do anything but walk beside me.

I can't not put up Xena's clear run. (See her tell me off for being late on the first front cross...... :party: ) This was an exceptional run, not because of what happened on the course, but because 5 minutes earlier we had been standing on the start line and it started to bucket down and blow like you wouldn't believe, I was about to start and the jumps were blowing over so the judge called it off. Xena told me off again for taking her off the start line without running - very funny little girl. I was really pleased she stayed 'up' for her run when a lot of dogs would have just switched off.

It was a big two days with 8 runs each, but heaps of fun. Still didn't stop them wanting to play when we got home last night!

Looking good Reddii! CK reminds me so much of my Brock! Brock jumped his full round at training tonight and went clear and just in the time. Yeah! Poppy also passed her first agility modules.

Very cool - isn't it great when they start to 'get it'.

CK is a beautiful boy to live with, but so quick once he is turned on. The funniest thing ever with him was a break proceedings at a flyball comp when the timing gear broke. EVERY other dog was going off their nut, CK was lying on his back begging pats. When the timing gear was fixed he kind of rolled over, looked at me as if to say 'really?', got up, ran 4.8 seconds (first time under 5 secs), came back and lay at my feet for more pats.

Today B1 (Blonde 1 thats Jaffa) and B2 (Blonde 2 thats Beans) made an absolute mince meat of the course and any strategic plans Zoe and I had when we walked the excellent strategic pairs course :thumbsup: , but blow me down still came away with a pass and their title.

Sitting here shaking my head - it was awful - or more to the point ugly I think describes it best :wave:

Hard to believe they are now in masters :)

Edited by Ptolomy

Jedi passed his test last week at our obedience club to go up to the Advanced class (pre-trialling)! Woo hoo! He was one of only two dogs to pass and he nailed everything! He is so much more focused these days around other dogs (thanks to a certain operation!) and is heeling nicely now! We still have a little way to go with his heelwork duration-wise, but he'd be able to pass everything else at a CD level. I think I'm going to have to change my goals - maybe we'll get into the ring by the end of the year!?

Great 'work' everyone!! :rofl: We are :rofl: because flyball has been cancelled tomorrow. At least we get to drink red wine tonight and play frisbee tomorrow! :o:rofl:

JulesP - really envy you. We haven't played with sheep in a long time . Maybe my next puppy......

Today B1 (Blonde 1 thats Jaffa) and B2 (Blonde 2 thats Beans) made an absolute mince meat of the course and any strategic plans Zoe and I had when we walked the excellent strategic pairs course :o , but blow me down still came away with a pass and their title.

Sitting here shaking my head - it was awful - or more to the point ugly I think describes it best :rofl:

Hard to believe they are now in masters :rofl:

Ahh yes, but the red boys did it again in Masters!!

Congrats Ptolomy and Caffy and Zoe :o:rofl::rofl::rofl::eek: . Go the tollers. No brags to report here from our agility trial today think the old girl has just about had enough and is ready to hang up her running shoes :) .