:(

I suggested another dose of CS before bed, not Ester C

:laugh:

yep.

With regard the Vit.C.... I thought the non acid one was ok to use!

Oh well... live & learn.

I'm off now to make him a up a bed....and settle him the best I can for the night...

thanks all

I suggested another dose of CS before bed, not Ester C

:laugh:

yep.

With regard the Vit.C.... I thought the non acid one was ok to use!

Even the Ester C can upset a tummy if a dog isn't used to having it - often you need to fiddle with a dose to see what a dog can tolerate.

Hope both you and Hamlet have a good nights sleep and all is OK in the morning :laugh:

Hi Persephone,

I have nothing useful to add I just wanted to say that you have give me good advice on two occasions when I was worrying about my pups and it saved me a lot of angst. I hope he is okay.

Poor Hamlet, sounds like he has eaten something that didn't agree with his belly.

How is he doing this morning Persephone?

Hoping for good news, dogs have the ability to give us (more) grey hairs, don't they.

Edited by Cazablanca

Well..

he still is passing small amounts of liquidy matter... with a streak of blood...

His bloated belly has gone, and he has stopped the incessant drinking.

Is charging around.. and stole a bone from someone a short time ago.

I have him confined outside again... and have given him a small amount of boiled rice/chicken.

he has also had some CS again.

*fingers crossed *

Well..

he still is passing small amounts of liquidy matter... with a streak of blood...

His bloated belly has gone, and he has stopped the incessant drinking.

Is charging around.. and stole a bone from someone a short time ago.

I have him confined outside again... and have given him a small amount of boiled rice/chicken.

he has also had some CS again.

*fingers crossed *

grab that bone off him for now. I hope he's on the road to recovery now. It must be awful being so isolated.

If it's any consolation Persephone, I've woken up to 'dire rear' (love it!) splattered crate and living room walls the past two mornings from Esme. The stench went right through the house and Esme has been getting hydrobaths at six in

the morning :laugh:

It seems like a tummy bug to me.

Hoping Hamlet is better this morning. :laugh:

Edited by Clyde

Don't worry- I asked him for the bone straight away :)

He has not 'been to the loo' now for over two hours...and the chicken/rice is still in place- I took him with me to hang out washing and he shot off after a rabbit! .......... :)

Guess that's a very good sign ;)

He is most upset at being tied up outside......... even tho he has his bed and pillow, and hot water bottles....

Looks like he will have to wear his muzzle again when outside - for a while- It's what he had to do after his obstruction surgery. Stops ingestion of JUNK!!

(if you saw our place, you would see the neccessity :birthday: )...an acre around the house... all overgrown and weeds and dogs and bones and chooks and everything......

Think Ma&Pa Kettle :(

anyway.... I am now able to myself eat something- my tummy is slowly

'uncurling'

Thanks everyone- here's hoping next update is better again! :D

Edited by persephone

I think an emergency first aid kit is a very good idea.

:thumbsup:

we have all sorts of stuff for injuries..

we have eye/ear treatments..

we have other stuff...

just not for stomachs :laugh:

That will be remedied :thumbsup:

hamlet seems quite comfortable... hopefully he will be even better in the morning :D

I wonder what caused it. Glad Hamlet is feeling better.

I wouldn't be to freaked out with the runs but if it contained blood I would be.

When I was looking after puggy with stomach lymphoma that had constant diarrhea it was suggested by the vet to give him Metamucil or psyllium husks.

Edited by puggy_puggy

If you can give injections, the Vet might be happy to give you a small bottle of Clavulox ready-to-use on hand.

Otherwise tablets work ok too...they are always helpful to give at first signs, if it's a tummy infection.

Sounds like your doing fine though, even in the 'burbs with a bright and happy dog I would not be racing into the clinic, just starve them, provide fluids and chicken/rice as you are doing.

Mel.

Edited by Staff'n'Toller