I Have A Confession To Make.

Kirislin

I bought a macro! I've always admired Iltby/Josies amazing macros and now after having this for a few days I have an even greater appreciation of her work. I am just not steady enough to get anything like her amazing bug shots but I am loving it even for longer pics. It's so sharp and isolates the subject better than any of my other lenses, assuming I can actually get the damn thing in focus.

this ones been cropped alot but still the leaves are pretty sharp. Just another beautiful morning at home. One of my resident maggies.

3502808582_c696d14a7f_b.jpg

The grevillia on Kiris' grave is finally growing.

3502053801_5dc3a8d6cd_b.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFS Kirislin - you know I have to have what you have - how much is this going to cost me :hug:

Not my fault, blame Itlby!! :)

I got it 2nd hand but it's like new, less than a year old and even sending it out from the States it was cheaper than any 2nd hand here. you just have to keep your eyes open.

Edited by Kirislin

Woo!! :hug: That's absolutely awesome Linda, so glad to have inspired you, hehe. The grevillia and wet dandelion head shots are gorgeous. Absolutely stunning bokeh and DOF in the dandelion one.

Is it the f/2.8 100mm?

Edited by iltby

Woo!! :) That's absolutely awesome Linda, so glad to have inspired you, hehe. The grevillia and wet dandelion head shots are gorgeous. Absolutely stunning bokeh and DOF in the dandelion one.

Is it the f/2.8 100mm?

Where's the smug looking nodding head emoticon. :(

these are the smugest ones I could find.

:hug::):hug: :p

Edited by Kirislin

Woo!! :) That's absolutely awesome Linda, so glad to have inspired you, hehe. The grevillia and wet dandelion head shots are gorgeous. Absolutely stunning bokeh and DOF in the dandelion one.

Is it the f/2.8 100mm?

Where's the smug looking nodding head emoticon. :laugh:

these are the smugest ones I could find.

:hug::eek::(:eek:

Woot!! :hug: :p :) You just inspired me to go out into the garden with mine :eek: I haven't taken anything in a week, I think I got a few good shots.

Looking good!

Did you get the 100?

The 100mm macro and 60mm macro are excellent lenses and as you've discovered already, not just for macro! The 100mm as a portrait lens is very nice (and the 60mm is no slouch etiher).

thanks everyone. I love it too.

Cant wait to see Iltbys pics, she's the expert. I've been out bug hunting but all I could find was a creepy house fly. I dont know how you get those amazing ant shots.

Edited by Kirislin

Awww :thumbsup: I'm miles away from expert :rofl:

Yeah, bugs don't make the best models. I've found honey to be wonderful for luring ants out, though...just a drop in a spot you know they visit and it takes about 5 minutes for hundreds to appear. Also make sure you look above and below eye level...I've often found things like butterflies and robberflies resting on leaves above my head.

I think my main 'rule' in macro is to search for things that you would usually pay no attention to and to look for all the tiny detail in things...it's amazing what you can find.

I got a few nice ones of some new flowers in our garden...am editing them now :laugh:

Thanks for the tips!

It's good as KJA said as a portrait lens too, and I took those ball skills pics of Tag and Puck playing soccer last week with it, I was just too shy to fess up then, and they weren't quite in focus.

I took this with it today too. Handsome boy we met today. I've emailed his owner the pics, I think he'll be rapt.

3503914210_6ae176079c_b.jpg

Edited by Kirislin

Yeah, it's a really fabulous portrait lens - I love how versatile it is. I took my absolute favourite shot of Chelsea with it-

3191312758_3ddb24365d.jpg

Gorgeous shot of that pup - what is he?

That's beautiful Josie.

I dont know what the big fella is, we met them today and the bloke said he found him. did all the right things got him scanned, no microchip, took him to the pound and the dog did his time till he bailed him out. He thinks it's a cross of ridgeback, staffy and something else. He was a lovely gentle friendly dog.

here's some more I took with it. Penny, pity about that gob of dribble

3503124271_d8f11797ba_b.jpg

and Tag

3503944000_56bb6cff81_b.jpg

Edited by Kirislin