Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

I'll be hitting the ring for the first time in March with our new show puppy who arrives in January. I'm quite excited and have already bought show clothes to wear and a few things for the puppy. The only handling experience I've had has been one show training class with my older dog, Akira, and handling Lyndsay's dog Maizie in judging exams when she had to handle two dogs at once. Akira and I have been practicing at home though, so hopefully I won't be too nervous when we get to March. :)

I was going to ask what breed but saw under you display pic it says a lappie? is that right?

You will have a ball, avoid the bitchiness and showing is the best!

Well we are off to our last show of the year, shal see alot of the newbie thread originals there hopefully... I think im almost ready to graduate from this thread but I dont think I will LOL :o I made alot of very close friends thru this thread so yeah not going far LOL! :)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have been slack and haven't posted in here yet.... last weekend Lola got the final points towards her Championship title.

I even had the paperwork all ready, hubby posted it for me on Monday so hopefully we'll have her new paperwork here with her Ch. on it soon! Yay!

Well done...

My kitey girl got 2 x 10 point BOBs this weekend just gone...I have my fingers crossed that the lasdt few she needs will come easily and I wont have to wait for ever but Im not confident! :rofl:

Just a quick update as we didnt get back from the show until late last night and we are about to head up to the Rainy Coast...I mean Sunshine Coast.

Buffy yesterday won Baby Puppy Beagle (by default as no one else was in her class) and then went on to win Best of Group!! (hence the late night, waiting around for best Baby puppy of Show)

A fantastic result for our first ever show...we are so proud of our little girl!!

Enjoy your Sunday people!! We are going to, no matter how wet and rainy it is up here atm. I have Brain surgery on Tuesday so gotta enjoy while I can!

Awesome result for her first show. Hope the sucess continues! :):):o

Yay Kite!!! ;) :cheer: Fingers crossed for the last ones! Hopefully we'll all be there to cheer. :rofl:

We're off to our last shows of the year this weekend too - I almost feel like a complete newbie again because it's been about 5 weeks since our last show.

I'll be hitting the ring for the first time in March with our new show puppy who arrives in January. I'm quite excited and have already bought show clothes to wear and a few things for the puppy. The only handling experience I've had has been one show training class with my older dog, Akira, and handling Lyndsay's dog Maizie in judging exams when she had to handle two dogs at once. Akira and I have been practicing at home though, so hopefully I won't be too nervous when we get to March. :)

I was going to ask what breed but saw under you display pic it says a lappie? is that right?

You will have a ball, avoid the bitchiness and showing is the best!

Yep, we're getting a lappie. :o

I've already made a few friends who show regularly, and I know I'll get stacks of help from them. :)

You will go well With Halo.

I was worried about my first show and Alera was an angle. She has turned into a little monster in the two after that.

same thing happening here. did fine at his first show and then at his second he was all over the place.

On sunday Ive been showing for a whole year :laugh: This time last year i was shitting my pants and getting help from anybody who offered! (thanks AshleyB, NF - Who loaned us their gazebo for the day and anybody else who helped and Ive forgotten :thumbsup: )

• 5 weeks later...
It is mr Leo's last night with his manhood :)

I've been throwing it back and forwards for a while, and I still am. Tomorrow is going to be one longgggg day!

Awwww, bye-bye Leo's testicles. :rofl: He'll be fine, Jess - and still eligible for neuter classes! :D Good luck big puggie. :)

Awwww, bye-bye Leo's testicles. :rofl: He'll be fine, Jess - and still eligible for neuter classes! :D Good luck big puggie. :)

Yeh I know he will be fine but you can't help but worry!

I'm a little disappointed (not about his testes I know I don't have to do that it's completely my choice) just that I don't have time to do any of the things I had planned with him! But, there can always be another :) and he is everything i've wanted in every other aspect. Just going to focus on the training side of things now!

BTW...How on earth do you have time to come on here Deb?! How are all of the babies??

I am a total show ring newbie - my little girl is 9 weeks and is eligible to enter her first show on Feb 12th. I am very excited to get started. I am getting lots of help from my breeder, but the next show she is going in isn't until March 12th, so if I enter one before that I will be on my own *eek*. I am going to some handler classes down at Bulla once Ruby gets her 12 week vacc so I am hoping that will help me get a bit more of an idea :thumbsup:

I've been to quite a few shows, and will go to as many as I can until I can start entering her. I am thinking I might enter the open show at the pet and animal expo on the 20th, and/or the bendigo& eaglehawk shows. Anyone here entering either of those? Anyone going to be at the next few shows at Bulla so I can say hi and show off my baby girl?

Jess - I am a DOL and Facebook addict, so I can always make time. :laugh: The babies are all doing well. I'm bottlefeeding one of the min pins, but she's coming along okay too.

parrotpea - Congratulations on getting your first show puppy! What breed is she? You'll have a great time showing - just hang out with the people who enjoy it and you'll be fine. :thumbsup:

Parrotpea, she is just gorgeous, lucky you.

I will be at both the Aussie day shows at Bulla, I am very nervous about it as I am showing one of my breeders boys along with my girl. My breeder is unable to be there. I feel sick just thinking about it :D

She's a SBT.

5334825853_ba8a945f2f.jpg

Awwwww how adorable is that!!!

Parrotpea, she is just gorgeous, lucky you.

I will be at both the Aussie day shows at Bulla, I am very nervous about it as I am showing one of my breeders boys along with my girl. My breeder is unable to be there. I feel sick just thinking about it :)

Oooh yay... I'll be there both days... I has a secret which shall be unveiled on the Saturday :D

We'll be inside though... so we miss out on watching everyone else.

Awwww Ruby is gorgeous! She looks like a sweet little girl!

Mr Leo is feeling sad and sorry for himself tonight! I had to pick him up from the vets while doing my deliveries so he did the rounds with me and cried the whole time! My poor bubba. He is very sooky. But alive and well which is great! When we got home I took him home for wees and i swear he was hallucinating he was trying to jump the fence (and for a boy that rarely moves that's odd!)

Good to hear all of the babies are doing well! Hope it stays that way! Why do you have to bottlefeed her?

Awwww Ruby is gorgeous! She looks like a sweet little girl!

Mr Leo is feeling sad and sorry for himself tonight! I had to pick him up from the vets while doing my deliveries so he did the rounds with me and cried the whole time! My poor bubba. He is very sooky. But alive and well which is great! When we got home I took him home for wees and i swear he was hallucinating he was trying to jump the fence (and for a boy that rarely moves that's odd!)

Good to hear all of the babies are doing well! Hope it stays that way! Why do you have to bottlefeed her?

Glad our big pug is doing well (if acting a little strange!). I bet he's having a nice sleep now.

The little one needs to be fed because she was losing weight from birth. She was 175g born (the others were 200g) and she slipped to around 147g in the couple of days after that so I took her to the vets, gave her some fluids under the skin and started bottle feeding her. She's now over 200g so she's doing okay - mind you the others are now 317g and 417g!! :laugh: