This Is My Cute Little New Puppy, Georgea

Bow Wow

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh crap. I didnt watch the show tonight but I can only Imagine what it was like... ;)

Karen, DONT beat yourself up about it. You were just an innocent person in all this and are not to blame. You have saved Georgea and thats how you need to look at it. Love her deeply as WHO knows what would have happened to her if you didnt take her....

:cry:

:mad

Oh crap. I didnt watch the show tonight but I can only Imagine what it was like... ;)

Karen, DONT beat yourself up about it. You were just an innocent person in all this and are not to blame. You have saved Georgea and thats how you need to look at it. Love her deeply as WHO knows what would have happened to her if you didnt take her....

I know, I can hardly bare to think about it. ;) thank you.

That is good news. Tomorrow I will be calling ANKC and informing them of what is going on.

Thank you every one for your support, you dont know how much it means. i am a bit of a basket case atm.

If you are in NSW BB, call Dogs NSW.

You might like to ask the breeder for documentary evidence of the health tests she said have been conducted on Georgea's parents. IF she can't produce them, that's a Fair Trading issue.

I will be taking Georgia to the vets tomorrow to be thoroughly checked out. :cry::mad Even though I have all her paper work, I will be ringing everyone involved to make sure everything has been done.

She told me that Georgeas parents have been hip/elbow, PRA and heart. This was important to me, because I needed to know that Georgea has the best chance not to develop any debilitating illnesses. :mad

Cavaliers are not elbow scored and PRA is not much of a problem in the breed. Cataracts are much more likely. Very few breeders hip score. If the parents were heart tested by a cardio she would have had paperwork to show you. There would also have been certificates for the eyes. Sorry but I doubt her parents have been tested. The best you can do for her is love her.

Oh crap. I didnt watch the show tonight but I can only Imagine what it was like... :)

Couldn't agree with this more. ;) Georgea will at least have a loving, wonderful home now with someone who will do their very best for her.

No it doesn't sound like her parents were health tested however that doesn't mean that your girl will have any problems. Just be vigilant (I'm sure you will be) and have her checked over regularly.

;) :rofl:

BB-I'm so sorry what has happened, but your pup looks gorgeous!! She will have a MUCH BETTER life with you now than she started off with. Please don't beat yourself up, you did the research and unluckily ended up with an unethical registered breeder.

No it doesn't sound like her parents were health tested however that doesn't mean that your girl will have any problems. Just be vigilant (I'm sure you will be) and have her checked over regularly.

:cry::mad

Very true! ILBB, please don't blame yourself and try not to let it spoil the happiness you felt before you heard about her breeder. You have a beautiful little pup and luckily for her, she's been chosen by a family that will love her and take good care of her. Enjoy her, she looks like an absolute darling. :mad

BindiBoo, don't beat yourself up - get her thoroughly vet checked, and be pleased you have her, otherwise, she would have been sold to Hawaii, and onshipped to a pet shop in Asia, and dog knows what would have happened to her then.

I bought my first Cavaler, as a pet, from a very very good breeder - quite by accident.

When I wanted a second, a black and tan, there wasn't one to be had anywhere. I was told of a breeder not far from me, registered, I phoned her, she had one Went and had a look, place looked good, pups looked good. I put a deposit on the pup at 4 weeks, collected her at 8 weeks, with all paperwork.

Not many tests were done then (13 years ago). I then discovered that the breeder was a bit of a byb, and had had a few holidays from her CCCQ membership for selling to pet shops, and doing a few naughty things.

Oh uh!!

Wish someone had told me BEFORE I bought the pup.

As I learned more, I discovered that the pup had pretty ordinary breeding too, and wasn't just the best cavalier around.

She died earlier this year, at 12 1/2, from a stroke. Her heart was as clear as a bell. She never had a day's illness in her life, and was just a great dog with a wonderful temperament and personality.

I did breed with her. I have a daughter, two grand-daughters, and two great-granddaughters - all tested clear for everything, all as healthy as, and the g/granddaughters are very well conformed, and healthy Cavaliers.

So - don't despair!! I wish you as much good fortune as I had with my Poppy dog!!

And I suspect that her breeder's membership of DogsNSW might be about to be terminated, or suspended.

Edited by Jed

BindiBoo, don't beat yourself up - get her thoroughly vet checked, and be pleased you have her, otherwise, she would have been sold to Hawaii, and onshipped to a pet shop in Asia, and dog knows what would have happened to her then.

I bought my first Cavaler, as a pet, from a very very good breeder - quite by accident.

When I wanted a second, a black and tan, there wasn't one to be had anywhere. I was told of a breeder not far from me, registered, I phoned her, she had one Went and had a look, place looked good, pups looked good. I put a deposit on the pup at 4 weeks, collected her at 8 weeks, with all paperwork.

Not many tests were done then (13 years ago). I then discovered that the breeder was a bit of a byb, and had had a few holidays from her CCCQ membership for selling to pet shops, and doing a few naughty things.

Oh uh!!

Wish someone had told me BEFORE I bought the pup.

As I learned more, I discovered that the pup had pretty ordinary breeding too, and wasn't just the best cavalier around.

She died earlier this year, at 12 1/2, from a stroke. Her heart was as clear as a bell. She never had a day's illness in her life, and was just a great dog with a wonderful temperament and personality.

I did breed with her. I have a daughter, two grand-daughters, and two great-granddaughters - all tested clear for everything, all as healthy as, and the g/granddaughters are very well conformed, and healthy Cavaliers.

So - don't despair!! I wish you as much good fortune as I had with my Poppy dog!!

And I suspect that your breeders membership of DogsNSW might be about to be terminated, or suspended.

:laugh::):happydance:

I think you will find that unless she has actually been convicted, DogsNSW will not have the power to suspend her. Having said that, is it a wise move anyway?

To suspend somebody who is obviously breeding en masse means that you are giving them a green light to continue their activities, answerable to nobody except themselves. If you remove one part of their income, they will supplement it with another and that would potentially mean farming on a greater scale and the obvious introduction of the ever-so-profitable cross breeds.

Sadly, this breeder WAS a highly respected breeder and her reputation will take an immense beating after this, rightly so. Whether it was mental health or greed that got her into this situation (or both), she will find it very hard now to get out of it. I pity the rest of the dogs because unless she continues breeding, they will be the ones who will suffer the dramatic reduction in income.

Oh and FWIW, as soon as I realised who the breeder was, I emailed Troy (7.49pm last night).

BB.....try not to get yourself too upset about it all. You have hard enough heart ache lately. :laugh::)

You went about it the right way...by buying a puppy from a registered breeder who was not a BYB, but sadly turns out to be a puppy mill.

Just love your new little angel and I think there will be many of us who will be looking forward to updates and watching her grow.

She is gorgeous! :happydance::thumbsup:

I think you will find that unless she has actually been convicted, DogsNSW will not have the power to suspend her. Having said that, is it a wise move anyway?

To suspend somebody who is obviously breeding en masse means that you are giving them a green light to continue their activities, answerable to nobody except themselves. If you remove one part of their income, they will supplement it with another and that would potentially mean farming on a greater scale and the obvious introduction of the ever-so-profitable cross breeds.

Sadly, this breeder WAS a highly respected breeder and her reputation will take an immense beating after this, rightly so. Whether it was mental health or greed that got her into this situation (or both), she will find it very hard now to get out of it. I pity the rest of the dogs because unless she continues breeding, they will be the ones who will suffer the dramatic reduction in income.

Oh and FWIW, as soon as I realised who the breeder was, I emailed Troy (7.49pm last night).

Thanks for letting Troy know Ellz. Surely this woman should not be allowed to go on breeding? It makes me sick to think what those poor dogs went through. Something has to be done to shut her down, completely!!!! Never to breed dogs again.

For her to live in those conditions, makes me think that maybe she may be a hoarder as well, as a puppy farmer.

I have emailed her to ask to sight the health tests that were 'supposedly' done.

Thank you everyone for your care and support. It means so much.

Sadly, only the RSPCA has the power to do that and provided she complies with their directives, which she apparently has, they won't/can't touch her.

I think you can possibly rest assured that many eyes have been opened in Australia, but it won't stop her from breeding and exporting en masse to the Dealer from Hawaii.

It's probably only fair to point out too though, that she isn't the ONLY breeder exporting to that dealer and you would be very surprised to discover how many "important" and well known longstanding breeders and judges who also sell puppies via that avenue.

Hug your new baby, keep her safe and keep telling yourself that you did a GOOD thing by rescuing her from that place! :laugh: