This Is My Cute Little New Puppy, Georgea

Bow Wow

To those who have questioned Bindi's choice of breeder - just try to remember that most non-showies/breeders would not read the export section of the gazette , and certainly wouldn't have a clue who Mr McDougal is.

Enjoy your baby, Bindi-Boo - she's gorgeous :mad

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a breeder is engaging in puppy mill practises then perhaps they shouldn't be listed on a site that is opposed to this?

I actually think that's a really valid point.

Perhaps the requirements for placing a litter listing on DOL should be stricter?

All you need to do to list your pups to sell is to be a registered breeder and pay your money. There are lots of unethical breeders about, both on this site and many others. Yes it's good people going to registered breeders but there are breeders and there are breeders..... The only way to pick the good ones it to learn as much as you can about the breed and ask lots of questions. Unfortunately since Cavaliers are cute there are lots of breeders in it for the wrong reasons :mad

I don't know anything about where Georgea came from so won't comment on that.

I hope Georgea helps you and your family heal your hearts BB. :mad

Not too sure on the history behind this too so I wont comment on that either.

All I will say is you have this beautiful little girl now. A Cavalier surely does know how to sneak its way into your hearts. She is adorable and I hope she provides you with years of happiness... :)

There are lots of unethical breeders about, both on this site and many others.

So true. I purchased a dog from DOL pages which was a health nightmare, the breeder was an ethical nightmare too.

Georgia looks very sweet Bindi Boo. I hope she is bringing you much needed comfort at this time. Cavs are so sweet and built for that kind of lovin' :mad

Edited by Clyde

It sounds to me like BB did the right thing by looking for an ethical breeder by researching and finding someone listed on DOL. If a breeder is engaging in puppy mill practises then perhaps they shouldn't be listed on a site that is opposed to this? If I was going to purchase a purebred puppy I would have done exactly the same as BB and looked to listings on DOL for guidance. Never in a million years would it have occurred to me to look at exports and I too have no idea who Mr McDougal is. In all the discussions I've read and participated in on DOL I haven't come across anyone highlighting this as something to look for when deciding on a breeder, or certainly not in any way that stood out to me. Maybe the steps to follow when looking for an ethical, registered breeder should be made a bit more obvious and those known to be unethical removed from the site.

I agree 100%. Who is Mr McDougal? :mad

Congrats on your little bundle, she sure has those 'melt your heart' eyes. :scold:

How's the toilet training going? From memory, puppies pee lots, chew lots, and fart a lot. (well, Minty did) :thumbsup:

Cavaliers farting????!!! Never! :mad

Congrats on your little bundle, she sure has those 'melt your heart' eyes. :bolt:

How's the toilet training going? From memory, puppies pee lots, chew lots, and fart a lot. (well, Minty did) :thumbsup:

Cavaliers farting????!!! Never! :mad

nor snoring - never :scold:

at least this pup has a lovely safe home with Bindi Boo no matter who bred her.

Far out :cry:

That was putrid. I am shocked that only 5 dogs were actually seized.

Well, at least Georgea has a safe and loving home now. I can't believe she is still allowed to breed especially at that scale.

I was disheartened by the Inspector saying you wouldn't find dogs in this condition in a pet store. Now the general public will think it's okay and 'safe' to buy from pet stores!

Edited by Clyde

Crap. I think this should be used as an opportunity to show what other things people should look for in a breeder. Obviously bindi thought she had done enough by going to a registered breeder but some of them as are dodgy as BYBers. PF did an excellent post about how to buy a purebred pup, maybe pet buyers should be directed to that from now on.