Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Congrats on the wins last night

To all the wa dolers standing infront of group 7 a belated hi I forgot names *embarrassed* so didn't ocme say hi. I was also trying to keep my kids out of the way and quiet but congrats on the wins

Guest RosieFT

Congrats to all that competed.

I am so happy. I bumped into the guy who rang the ranger on my behalf yesterday and he told me the ranger rang him to say that the dogs didn't even get to the pound, he drove them straight home as he got the contact from their council tag.

So relieved. :thumbsup: Hope they put some name tags on their dogs now!!

Feel sorry for this guy though, he is retired but the dog he has, has been diagnosed with addisons disease. He adores his dog, it travels everywhere with him and his wife, but he says he will never have another dog as he just cannot afford it. Being retired he has no money coming in and so far the dog has cost him $6000 in 12 months. I noticed his eye was missing and he told me that was last week $1600. The difference in the dog is amazing. last time i saw it, it was all cowereing and keeping close to the guys side, today it was trotting around tail up, looking around. He says he is a different dog since op. Something to do with the pressure in his eye increasing until it had to be removed. The dog is only 6 and the guy loves him.

Day two of the Classic and Brookie has his mojo back!!! After a pretty ordinary start on Thursday he pulled it together tonight and he worked his little socks off:-) Lovely, happy enthusiastic work!!! Win in Open 196, 2nd in UD 190 and a pearler of a UDX round with just one hiccup costing us a 198 quallie. He sat on my return after Distance Control but otherwise an awesome round and 1st place nq.The prizes? Mugs... AGAIN!
MY mugs have picture of wine bottles on - hmm ? appropriately chosen I think rofl1.gifWell done on your terrific results last night - good to see him back to his best. Thanks for the play afterwards too - Strauss sure enjoyed it.Thanks Hannah for showing and looking after the boy last night thumbsup1.gif I think I am pretty lucky to have a boy who is happy to go off and do things with other people. I took him into the obedience ring, where he won Novice (cough cough god only knows how) and then Hannah took him up to the show ring and then later on he wandered through the show dogs to go and have his photo taken before coming back to the bottom oval and playing ball with Brookie. I wouldn't swap him for all the tea in China!

Strauss did really well! He impressed quite a few people who had never before seen a Toller so handsome ;)

I also noticed Strauss had 3 different handlers in Group Special (2 for BIG when his initial handler had to get her dog in for ruBIG) :rofl: Long night last night and it will be even longer tonight! Banjo was a loser dog in the Kelpie - I don't think I will bother entering him in under Canadian judges again as he always does nothing under them ;) In the Lappies it was Minor night with Taavi taking BOB, Anikka rBOB, Arlo was rDCC and the other 8 month old, Lumi, was rBCC. Taavi then took out Minor in Group so he has to go back tonight! After his owner has worked a 7am-7pm shift. Lucky she has tomorrow off :rofl: Bugger to hear about the mugs again for prizes :( Did you at least get pretty ribbons?We managed a bottle of wine and an Advance slopper towel for BOB and the Classes In Group got a nice rosette, a 1kg? bag of Advance, some pet milk and some pet wipes (baby wipes but with a pic of the pet instead I am assuming :laugh: )I told Erica to give her Mum the wine so the next time Taavi digs or destroys something she can say he has already paid for it :rofl:

Congratulations on your success Mirawee! Yes Strauss got to have a few different handlers, he was as very good sport, as were the handlers :)

Just back from agility at the Classic. Well done to Caffy who got 3 clear rounds and 3 first places with Snaz - WOW what a way to celebrate your birthday thumbsup1.gif

Well done to Mirrawee who went clear in novice jumping with Banjo. The jumping course had to be seen to be believed - you did the tunnel 9 times out of the 15 obstacles on the course eek1.gif

Rubystar won excellent jumping - what a great result. thumbsup1.gif

and I blew the dust off the occasionally clever one - he has not been on any agility equipment since April last year, and bless him in what can only be described as a very very ugly run, which looked nothing like how I walked the course - he went clear Good boy Scoota biggrin.gif

What a fun night we had. Well done Ptolomy...yep that sure was ugly but it was CLEAR :thumbsup: Brookie had a blast, no quallies but hey :laugh:

Caffy and Snazzy were the absolute stars of tonights agility :cheer::champagne::cheer: Brilliant runs with superb handling...WTG

Well done on everyone's success last night :) We are a very talented lot on here aren't we :thumbsup:

Ptolomy, the Occasionally Clever did a very good run :D He listened to you briliantly :rofl: We decided to emulate you following afterwards but Abbey and I didn't do quite so well :o

However I was very very happy with Banjo last night :D I was slightly concerned with 9 tunnels on course given he has never been a tunnel suck and usually has to be babied into tunnels but he was actually driving into them last night! I think the break has done him the world of good as he has come back into agility with so much more enthusiasm and finally seems to be "getting" it!

I was also incredibly wrapt with Abbey, aka Velcro dog, who did an absolutely ripper run in Open Jumping for a pass! I couldn't believe she did the distance challenge as while the tunnel may have been within distance from the rope it was a LONG way away from where the handler was when the dog got to it :laugh: Now she has no excuses next time :D

Poor Jenna had to put up with some very average handling :o

Then a quick change and back into the show ring with Mr Taavi who thought it was a good time to play :laugh:

I briefly saw Emery in the ring as I walked up to the shop last night - not sure how you got on.

It was a nice atmosphere at the trial last night. We sat around and solved the problems of the world, had a few laughs and shared a soda water or two. There were some brilliant runs, some brilliant runs that turned into near misses and I ugly ugly ugly run that passed wink.gif

I am not sure who is walking more stiffly today, me or Scoota - so with that I am calling it a night for him and agility. He has been a more than handy agility dog, pulling some amazing runs out the bag with minimal training, but there comes a time when enough is enough, so mate, enjoy your retirement - and thanks for the ride thumbsup1.gifbiggrin.gif

I briefly saw Emery in the ring as I walked up to the shop last night - not sure how you got on.

It was a nice atmosphere at the trial last night. We sat around and solved the problems of the world, had a few laughs and shared a soda water or two. There were some brilliant runs, some brilliant runs that turned into near misses and I ugly ugly ugly run that passed wink.gif

I am not sure who is walking more stiffly today, me or Scoota - so with that I am calling it a night for him and agility. He has been a more than handy agility dog, pulling some amazing runs out the bag with minimal training, but there comes a time when enough is enough, so mate, enjoy your retirement - and thanks for the ride thumbsup1.gifbiggrin.gif

I saw you off to the side last night too.

I showed 5 dogs getting first in all their classes ok no competition but hey LOL

showed brother and sister babies the brother took baby of breed

showed brother and sister junior the brother again took junior of breed.

Poor kelari got knocked out but thats life

was a great night and even though i didn't win, i did win, the lady i handle for brought me a suit as a gift that i eyed off, so i am extremely happy and back to do it again night :)

Will try come for a walk tonight though rottis should be on fairly fast as they are the 4th breed being judged tonight i think :D

congrats on the passes, the placings, the qualifiers (ok i don't know the terminology lol) But big congrats

Well done Ptolomy and Scoota on your pass! And happy retirement!!!

Congrats mirawee with Banjo and Abbey! Saw your run with Abbey, it was lovely! Missed your run with Banjo, though.

Millie ran like the wind last night, soooooo happy with her speed and enthusiasm! Some near misses with her. She ran around the spread in JDX, and missed her weaver entry in ADX. Disclaimer: I guess anything is running like the wind compared to Ruby :rofl: Just meant she ran "fast" for my low standards :laugh:

Star of the night for me was my Ruby. She debuted in Excellent Agility last night, still with her dogwalk/see-saw phobia, and came away with a pass and 1st place in 500!!! :cheer:

The dogs are KNACKERED!! We got home and after dinner they immediately crashed in bed. I had to wake them up at 10am this morning :eek: 3 nights down, 1 more to go! Poor dogs will be in a coma for the rest of the week :o

Edited by RubyStar

Well done everyone at the Classic, you guys are going great guns :)

I think you will all need the rest of the week of from work at this rate, you will all sleep for days!!!!!

Best of luck for the days coming.

Well done everyone at the Classic, you guys are going great guns :)

I think you will all need the rest of the week of from work at this rate, you will all sleep for days!!!!!

Best of luck for the days coming.

What OSS said :laugh: Fantastic work guys - multi talented dogs and handlers, and soiund like lots of fun was being had as well. :thumbsup:

The yuuuuuuuuuugest of congratulations goes out to Ptolomy and dear Scoota. They won the very prestigious Valerie Meyn Trophy last night at the Western Classic, for their outstanding achievements in both obedience and agility! Well done, guys!!!! :winner: What a super team :D :D :D