Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I might come down to the agility trial on the 22nd is it at the canine or somewhere else? GDC show the day before and bbq that night im concerned that i'll be slightly stuffed :laugh: but i'll make an effort!!

Ptolomy that sux! daylight robbery :) but i agree that they spent at least 45 minutes cuddling...

I might come down to the agility trial on the 22nd is it at the canine or somewhere else? GDC show the day before and bbq that night im concerned that i'll be slightly stuffed :p but i'll make an effort!!

Ptolomy that sux! daylight robbery :) but i agree that they spent at least 45 minutes cuddling...

I will probably be doing GDC show too, only with no dog and just for the catching up with the gun dog people side of things. :laugh: The agility trial is at K9 and you have to come and meet Strauss since he wil probably be hanging around with us at shows a lot. ;)

I received my Quarantine bill yesterday $1382.00 :) but what got me was a charge for

FFS examination, audit, assessment or other per 1/4 hour - quantity 3 = $120. So it was $120 for a 45 minute examination of a 12 week old puppy. 45 MINUTES!!!!!

I have been cheeky enough to ask them what is done during this time as the AQIS website says something about 30 minutes is average. Unfortunately anybody who imports doesn't have a leg to stand on you pay it or you don't get your dog.

Sitting here shaking my head 45 minutes!!!!!

Yep mine was similar, but I was billed for both cats at that rate !! And I know my little cat, 10 mins of the vet examining her and she goes psycho and they have to put her back in the box....

I am at high powered meeting with executives on Wednesday in the City - 9.30 and my mobile phone rings - so i excuse myself (first problem is I don't know how to turn my mobile phone off!), anyway to cut a long story short, its my neighbour telling me that Lexi has escaped and is standing in the middle of the road and she can't catch her :) . This made it the 3rd day running that she had managed to get out of the back yard. Neighbour - bless her fills her pockets with Tucker Time and goes in pursuit of Lex and eventually manages to coax her into her lougeroom before slamming the door closed. Neighbour goes off and pours herself a stiff drink, I wipe the sweat of my forehead and casually walk back into my meeting and crisis averted.

I still have no idea how Lexi is getting out, assuming that she is going over the fence, this is a dog that knocks bars when jumping 400, apparantly she managed to scale the neighbours freezer when somebody came to her front door. So $200 and 2 trips to Bunnings later I have now added a lattice structure to the top of the fence and I am hoping that will do the trick.

Tried that with my Kelpie/border cross years ago when he fell in love with the German Shepherd next door but he still managed to get over, he just did more damage to himself on the other side when he landed. Went from being a dog with prick Kelpie style ears to having cauliflower button ears and also damaging a few teeth (always landed on his head) although it never seemed to bother him. She was already sterilized and he was sterilized to try to stop him but still went over the fence+trellis with stitches still in. Never bothered about jumping before she moved in and never bothered after she left.

Hope you find a way to keep Lexi in and safe, perhaps she is just unsettled with the change of address, haven't you moved recently?

I'll be at the rotti specialty on the same day probably on the bottom oval i assume so if anyone wants to come say hi feel free :)

I imagine the agility and obedience will be using the bottom oval on the 21st and 22nd :laugh:

Credit to the AQIS boss who has already responded to my email. The $120 charge was 2 x 15 minutes vet fee + $40 document processing charge all lumped under the one item number. It must have been one long document :)

I'll be at the rotti specialty on the same day probably on the bottom oval i assume so if anyone wants to come say hi feel free :laugh:

The rotti show is normally on the main oval .

Our Setter & Spaniel show shares that day & shares the oval weather permitting.

Glad our dogs are use to extreme noise :)

Credit to the AQIS boss who has already responded to my email. The $120 charge was 2 x 15 minutes vet fee + $40 document processing charge all lumped under the one item number. It must have been one long document :rofl:

:thumbsup:

Maybe it was in Swedish and they had to learn the whole language to be able to read the document.

ST, that is the issue in most breeds isn't it. Dogs aren't bred for both looks and working ability.

My boy Fargo was :rofl: He was my 'working type' cocker from working stock that I had to re-home before moving over here :rofl:

He is gorgeous (and very happy in his new home :rofl: ) although I'm biased of course :rofl:

IMG_2602.jpg

IMG_2701.jpg

IMG_38152.jpg

I received my Quarantine bill yesterday $1382.00 :rofl: but what got me was a charge for

FFS examination, audit, assessment or other per 1/4 hour - quantity 3 = $120. So it was $120 for a 45 minute examination of a 12 week old puppy. 45 MINUTES!!!!!

I have been cheeky enough to ask them what is done during this time as the AQIS website says something about 30 minutes is average. Unfortunately anybody who imports doesn't have a leg to stand on you pay it or you don't get your dog.

It's not a nice experience is it :cry: How long till Strauss is a free man now?

The dogs tried Kangaroo for the first time tonight and promptly walked away from it :) However once lightly sautéed in olive oil they decided it was edible and scoffed the lot :rofl::rofl:

Louis has the behaviourist coming round on Wednesday morning for a couple of hours so hoping that all goes well and we can get him on the road to feeling happier around other dogs :thumbsup:

Fargo sure is a pretty boy :thumbsup:

Friday morning 9am and Strauss will be all mine :rofl:

Good luck with the bahaviouralist - let us know how you get on.

Some of my guys don't like kangaroo - its a fairly strong tasting meat.

For those of you who use goat - A + D managed to get some in today, but they don't have a lot.

ST, that is the issue in most breeds isn't it. Dogs aren't bred for both looks and working ability.

My boy Fargo was :eek: He was my 'working type' cocker from working stock that I had to re-home before moving over here :rofl:

He is gorgeous (and very happy in his new home :rofl: ) although I'm biased of course :cry:

IMG_2602.jpg

IMG_2701.jpg

IMG_38152.jpg

I received my Quarantine bill yesterday $1382.00 :rofl: but what got me was a charge for

It's not a nice experience is it :) How long till Strauss is a free man now?

The dogs tried Kangaroo for the first time tonight and promptly walked away from it :rofl: However once lightly sautéed in olive oil they decided it was edible and scoffed the lot :rofl::rofl:

Louis has the behaviourist coming round on Wednesday morning for a couple of hours so hoping that all goes well and we can get him on the road to feeling happier around other dogs :rofl:

I'd like to try goat too (well, my dogs would, not me!) but I don't fancy the drive out to get some :o

I'll have to get an order together of a bunch of meats/bones so I can freeze them and get back into the routine of feeding raw.

A+D are the pet Supply people in Midvale where you can get Camel, Horse, beef, lamb, goat, chicken necks, kangaroo and lots of bones from.

Woo Hoo roll on Friday :o
For those of you who use goat - A + D managed to get some in today, but they don't have a lot.

I'd be interested in trying goat.....who is A+D?

oh well it might be the main oval rofl the two i have done before were on the bottom oval but will find out on the day :o still if you want to come say hi feel free i will be the one with the hubby cooking on his own portable bbq in the gazebo lol i will try and look out for others to say hi but i am not very good at knowing or remembering names :S i know lincoln but i can't look for him rofl

emery, if you're there on the Saturday and your hubby is cooking breakfast under your gazebo, you might find me as a visitor :rofl: Nah, I can never eat before a trial for some reason :o Nerves or something :D

I'd say you're on the top oval, too, as obedience has the bottom oval Sat and agility has it on Sun :D

emery, if you're there on the Saturday and your hubby is cooking breakfast under your gazebo, you might find me as a visitor :confused: Nah, I can never eat before a trial for some reason :confused: Nerves or something :laugh:

I'd say you're on the top oval, too, as obedience has the bottom oval Sat and agility has it on Sun ;)

visitors are most welcome. i may be there sat too as my photographer has been requested to attend the show that is on but it depends if she can make it :) i will see if she wants to come down and get some pics for everyone :) will definately be there sun though and again visitors are welcome, bacon and egg burgers or pancakes for breakfast and then fr lunch marinated garlic steak with salad :mad

Edited by emery