Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I think it is highly likely the lady has been misquoted HOWEVER next thing you will have joe blow thinking the dog they got from the pet shop that can do all the things from the article (sit, move, have teeth and a nice coat) can start showing thier oddly! :thumbsup:

I think a brief letter simply stating what is actually judged in the show ring and how registration works... plus maybe a sentence or two about buying from an ethical breeder ect.

I think a letter to the editor is in order :) Any DOLers putting thier hands up to write it?

I would write To Margaret as I said before I was quoted as spending my childrens inheritance on the dogs!!

Papers only write what they want to sell the paper! You shpould see the article they did on Naca for the Brisbane EKKA

Just out to make a quick sale of said paper and thats all that matters to them!

Do you have a copy of the article WX?

My guys like playing tug with Bobtails :thumbsup: And bailed up a racehorse goanna in my laundry (the door was open from outside into the laundry but luckily closed into the house!) :thumbsup: I dread to think what they would do if they found a snake :)

I went to see if I could comment on the article but there was no option too. It is a bit like the article when there was the Strangles "scare" a month or so ago - most of the info was from an online forum not from the source!

OzJen, teeth, coat and gait are all part of the standard :) But how they sit isn't :thumbsup:

Yep, but you can have a mongrel with good teeth, coat and gait or a dog that looks nothing like its meant to for that breed but still with all of those things mentioned which was what I was trying to infer, just don't explain myself very well. :thumbsup: How well a dog conforms to the breed standard is what they are judged on and while it does include these things they are only a part of the whole thing, a judge has to take into account so much more. Just as well a nice sit isn't part of it or Jen would never be an Aust CH. :)

Mind you I am sure the newspaper people probabaly mucked up the story as they always put their own slant on things and something gets lost in the translation.

LOL OzJen, I figured out what you were trying to say (ie if they don't have breed type then the other things don't matter), it is just fun to make fun of you :thumbsup:

I am guessing vCBR is on the Wednesday :thumbsup: So I might come and visit after I have finished with Diva :)

I am so glad they are doing group judging at the end of the day or I would have to go in 3 times :)

You have confused me with this :thumbsup: What effect does the timing of when group judging is on how many times you go into the ring? :) The only thing that affects how often you show is if you get beaten (or have multiple dogs :) ) :thumbsup:

I think vCBR means she would have to go to the royal three days? Maybe :thumbsup:

Yep should have made it clear. Like at Adelaide we had Chessies on the Friday and BIG for Gundogs on the Saturday so we had to go in twice! :thumbsup: So if they did the same thing in Perth I would be there twice for that and once for agility...

Well you still might have to go in on the last Saturday if you get Best or Class in Group :thumbsup:

I am going to the Royal... um... 4 days :) Would have been 6 if I did the other two agility days :) And none of my dogs better get through Group as I am going to a campdraft clinic with Diva on the last Saturday :thumbsup:

Oh, we did 3 days at Brisbane Royal too :) One to show, one for Group and one to watch agility and obedience since I scratched Varda from competing :eek:

I really like the way Perth royal is set out with group days rather than different breeds from different groups... i hope they never change it!! I am so glad they keep most of the classes too although I wish they had Aust bred cos my girl is in Open for the first time since she is now over 36 months!! :thumbsup: where does the time go?!

Mason growls and shakes when he sees a bobtail, the first time one was in the yard i freaked out as he was laying on his bed growling and shaking, thought he was having some kind of fit...... my cats are even too scared to catch a bobtail :thumbsup: He was braver this time when it came inside..

DSC02894.jpg

Mason growls and shakes when he sees a bobtail, the first time one was in the yard i freaked out as he was laying on his bed growling and shaking, thought he was having some kind of fit...... my cats are even too scared to catch a bobtail :) He was braver this time when it came inside..

lol at those two keeping their distance :thumbsup: Bobtails are harmless aren't they :thumbsup:

Growing up we had to go on bob-tail rescues as our dogs used to flick them around till they died which wasn't very good! They also can have lots of ticks on them and we didn't really want them in our garden. As I was driving to work this morning there was a dog trotting alongside the road with a dead bob-tail in its mouth :thumbsup: I swear sometimes that Darlington has the most escapee dogs with badly fenced properties as they seem to be running across the road all the time.

I think a letter to the editor is in order :) Any DOLers putting thier hands up to write it?

I would write To Margaret as I said before I was quoted as spending my childrens inheritance on the dogs!!

Papers only write what they want to sell the paper! You shpould see the article they did on Naca for the Brisbane EKKA

Just out to make a quick sale of said paper and thats all that matters to them!

Do you have a copy of the article WX?

My guys like playing tug with Bobtails :thumbsup: And bailed up a racehorse goanna in my laundry (the door was open from outside into the laundry but luckily closed into the house!) :thumbsup: I dread to think what they would do if they found a snake :)

They are on my web site

www.xoloaus.com or my facebook site under news