Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Came home to find poor miss Bondi unable to stand, screaming in pain and wetting herself- think she has pinched a nerve in her back. Had her at vets 2 days ago for this- they put her on high dose of tramel and prolet tablets- but still not working :( Hate seeing her in pain. Hopefully a bowen session will be able to fix this (they usually fix all her other pinches nerves, but she has never been this bad :( )

Taking her down to vets in the morning for a pain killer injection if she is still bad- phoned emergency vet tonight and they told me to just double her tramel dose tonight and keep her still and warm.

Poor Bondi :( What a horrible experience to see our dogs in pain. I know that if I could, I would take my girls pain for them in a heartbeat. I hope the Bowen helps her and her double dose of medication tonight sees her through with some rest tonight :crossfingers:

My membership renewal was due on 31/8/11, so went off and paid it which is $80 Ordinary Single, plus $10 Development levy on memberships (AGM Aug 06 - 5 years).

When I received my membership card it said it was valid to 30/11/2012, so rang to ask if there was a mistake, but was told by the office they were changing everyones renewal to the same date, mine should have happened a couple of years a go, but got missed.

I paid mine in June and haven't recieved another as yet- won't be happy if I do either

mine was always June, it changed to January a couple of years ago so now 31/1/12 then I pay again :)maybe we are alphabetical :laugh:

:( Damn snakes. When you train on the lush green grass of the K9 it gives me a false sense of security that we are safe. I will be extra careful now. Don't think I'm going to let mine have any more offlead runs at K9 during the warmer weather. Bummer :(

I don't think I could handle living in a tick area!!!!

ewww ticks!! Normal ones creep me out enough, but paralysis ticks - no thank you.

I imagine the area the K9 grounds are in would be prime snake country. Hope no-one's dog tries to tangle with any that are in there :(

Edited by OSoSwift

I imagine the area the K9 grounds are in would be prime snake country. Hope no-one's dog tries to tangle with any that are in there :(

Well, it is. Entire thing surrounded by bush pretty much. But for someone who hasn't seen a snake "in the wild" before and wouldn't know how to identify one, I'm pretty naive when it comes to them so when you train on the lushh green ovals with carparks separating the bush and ovals, I've rarely thought about snakes until someone brings it up! I don't like the things and as far as I'm concerned, they're ALL dangerous (only because I don't know how to identify them!)

Well, it is. Entire thing surrounded by bush pretty much. But for someone who hasn't seen a snake "in the wild" before and wouldn't know how to identify one, I'm pretty naive when it comes to them so when you train on the lushh green ovals with carparks separating the bush and ovals, I've rarely thought about snakes until someone brings it up! I don't like the things and as far as I'm concerned, they're ALL dangerous (only because I don't know how to identify them!)

I feel them same really. I can identify the VERY rare pythons we see here very rarely, but pretty much all the ones we see are venemous so I get outta there first and ask questions later.

I could imagine you wouldn't think of snakes much there as I never have when I have been there in summer.

Happy Birthday Tiggy and Sophie :birthday:

Boxagirl - how is Bondi doing? that sounds awful, poor girl :(

Louis is being a bit reluctant to jump up on things today, normally he is like a monkey and lives on the back of the sofa.......I wonder if he tweaked a muscle when I gave him a swim in the pool yesterday ?

As a kid I had pet snakes in the UK, and was fascinated by them, I always remember reading about snakes in Aus and how there are more venomous than non-venomous ones!! I will always keep a very healthy distance from any I see over here!