Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

RS and MG you both did so well yesterday!! And congratulations to miss Ruby for taking out the top prize!! I was happy to see a few breeds represented at the trial and hopefully more of that in the future. I think quite a few people were gobsmacked that the Weimaraner could actually retrieve... After 4 weeks of no training, Lulu has gone from having a wonderful recall and at least returning with the prize, to running away and parading her prize. We have a long way to go before we can even consider competing!! :laugh:

CC the next RATG is in April I think.

Sorry whipitgood, my whelping box would be able to house at least 4 cavs with litters and room to spare, but what about using one of those shell pools? would that be too small for a cav?

Edited by SparkyTansy

Yes next one is 22nd April but probably being moved to the 29 April, should also be upper Swan as I think that's where the training was going to be?? I could be totally wrong tho but we should know within the next 2 weeks or so if the date is changed :)

ETA it was such a lot of fun I don't think I can go back to competing in obedience and Mason seemed much happier :) would love to get our open title but think I will do it nextyear when Gibbs will hopefully be in CCD

Edited by Mason_Gibbs

Well done to everyone who had a go at the RATG! Particularly to Ruby for her pass :thumbsup:

A hint to anyone getting a puppy... don't get one when you are sick! :rofl: Actually she hasn't been too bad at all but it is hard when I run out of energy so quickly. I have taught her that afternoon naps on the bed are fun though ;)

Well done to everyone who had a go at the RATG! Particularly to Ruby for her pass :thumbsup:

A hint to anyone getting a puppy... don't get one when you are sick! :rofl: Actually she hasn't been too bad at all but it is hard when I run out of energy so quickly. I have taught her that afternoon naps on the bed are fun though ;)

Lol they are very draining even when you are well :)

Oh I would totally take a PP50 if I wasn't culling stuff to move out! And if the shelf in my car hadn't been installed, it won't fit PP50s anymore! Oh well dodged that one :laugh:

Thanks for the dates for the gundog trails, someone remind me closer to the time as I'd like to come and watch :)

So after Daisy peeing on the bed in our second spare room, we have decided to take the bed down (luckily it was a cheap mattress) and turn the room into Daisy's Den as it's where she sleeps every night any way :laugh:

So after a trip to ikea this afternoon (we're on hols this week) for a rug and throws, and trip to the pet shop for a new bed for her, who should make themselves at home in the room but little Indy :laugh:

Lol go Indy!!

I don't think she'll be so keen now - Daisy pee'd on her brand new bed last night! She had a good walk yesterday, the doors were open all day, and I kicked them out for a pee before bedtime. She was unsettled for a while last night as the room was different I guess, and was whining a bit, so I took her out in the garden again in case she needed to go, but she didn't do anything.

I wonder if it's a marking of territory thing? but I thought dogs didn't like peeing on their bedding? She has always had issues with toileting though - I think bad things happened to her as a pup if she messed in the house, before the rescue got hold of her :(

Anyway new blankets and bedding all in the wash, so we'll see how she goes tonight. Maybe of to the vet to check for a uti if this keeps happening.

OK... can someone tell me how to teach Jive to pay attention to where Banjo is peeing :laugh: She goes to play with him and walks directly under his stream :o

lol, the first time I met Zora she had just run under Toby while he was peeing - I pulled up in the car and pee covered pup runs up to say hello :laugh:

Ok I need help DOLers - are there any cardiologists in WA? There used to be Dr Dandrueux but she moved back to Europe. I need Zora heart screened (I.e have a cardiologist listen to her heart and "grade" her on the heart murmur scale) and its looking like I will have to fly east to do that!!! I've contacted Murdoch and they said there was no Cardiologists in the state..

I have managed to find a vet that tests eyes under the Aces scheme and of course she is getting her elbows and hips done but this test is driving me insane!!