Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

A cardiologist heart check is around $80 vs several hundered (Im guessing?!) for the ultrasound...

I might just get it done when I am in Vic at the end of the year...

Ask the Cavalier breeders especially Julia Logan,they normally arrange one each year but i think it was done in Feb.

If not just wait till Melb ,some of the breeds arrange a heart clinic due to the interstate people .

I got hips/elbows done over there as well.

Eyes if your doing it through ACES then yes its limited & costs way more.

Most of us don't bother with the ACES scheme & prefer to use Ziggy Chester who is very realistically priced & has shown dogs herself & very offay with the dog people & the issues

I think the thing with the ACES test is that it is very expensive in comparison to Ziggy who is around $30! $75 isn't bad when you have 1 dog but it is a bit different if you have 5 or more. And Ziggy seems to be better qualified than a lot of the vets who are on the ACES scheme - although it is hard to find a list of just who is ACES certified!

On another note - I hate Australia Post :mad

Hmm so Zora went on an Easter Egg Hunt today! When I was at work and my mum was out the little cow went into my mum's wardrobe, climbed on a trunk and pulled down two Hello Kitty Easter eggs... :eek:

We think once Zora has made the find Toby "helped" as one box was opened downstairs and one upstairs, both had all the wrappers ripped off and boxes torn apart. Thankfully it was white chocolate and the dogs seem to be fine but it does not surprise me at all for Zora to so this.... :laugh:

I think the thing with the ACES test is that it is very expensive in comparison to Ziggy who is around $30! $75 isn't bad when you have 1 dog but it is a bit different if you have 5 or more. And Ziggy seems to be better qualified than a lot of the vets who are on the ACES scheme - although it is hard to find a list of just who is ACES certified!

I just emailed the ACES coordinator and they confirmed that Rivergum is the only vet that can do the official ACES test. $75 seems like an ok cost for one dog but your right, if I had 5 it would quickly balloon!!

Aust Post managed to lose the express post letter that contained the money order to pay for Jive... And they won't reissue the money order for 28 days :(

I also dislike not paying by direct deposit...

As for more photos- my camera is being stupid ( I think it needs a service...) and it is hard to rake photos in the dark! Will try for more this weekend.

I just emailed the ACES coordinator and they confirmed that Rivergum is the only vet that can do the official ACES test. $75 seems like an ok cost for one dog but your right, if I had 5 it would quickly balloon!!

Apparently Martyn King at Rivergum is very good for that test a friend had her 2 dogs done there

I just got back from taking Gibbs to get his stitches removed, they are very happy with his progress as he is not showing any pain response on flexing etc. We saw the other surgeon today as our regular guy was not there today and I only have thursdays and Monday's off to get things done. Both ortho surgeons seem super good, Dr Neil was called in to see Gibbs X-rays and elbow while he was in theatre as he is such a unique case, they only see the ulna growing that much longer very very infrequently, so he was familiar with the case anyway. They think he will be one of their great success stories as most dogs have a much worse limp at this stage. So even though we think he is still limping a lot he actually isn't lol.

Edited by Mason_Gibbs

Greats news, MG!!! :D

I won't be able to make it to K9 tomorrow night for the fundraiser, got too much to do, but hope those of you who go have fun! I know they are in need of helpers so if anybody can offer to help, I know they'd be very grateful! :)

Guest RosieFT

Great to hear MG :-)

Rallyvalley - are you coming down to training next tues? My mum and dad are looking after rosie for almost 10 days (eek!) and he has asked that i bring lots of toys for her this time :-) . If you aren't no stress, if you are, a gentle reminder :D

10 days without a wall excellent, 10 days of ball throwing.. hmmmmmMMM... my parents live near pier 21 in north freo so rosie pretty much takes herself for a swim on every walk (lucky she is wash and wear!), so i have told dad to try and do majority of retrieving in the water :-)

Ok I need help DOLers - are there any cardiologists in WA? There used to be Dr Dandrueux but she moved back to Europe. I need Zora heart screened (I.e have a cardiologist listen to her heart and "grade" her on the heart murmur scale) and its looking like I will have to fly east to do that!!! I've contacted Murdoch and they said there was no Cardiologists in the state..

I have managed to find a vet that tests eyes under the Aces scheme and of course she is getting her elbows and hips done but this test is driving me insane!!

RV, sometimes different breed clubs hold a heart clinic. That would be the way to go if you found one happening. Cheaper too. I'm with the Labrador Club and Goldie Club but neither of them is holding one, or we would have been notified. They are usually only held if a cardiologist is visiting WA. You may have to take her east as predicted. For eyes, I reckon you can't go past Ziggy Chester.

MG - Glad to hear Gibbs is going so well, that's great news :thumbsup:

Indy is off to the vets in the morning for x-rays to see if arthritis is the cause of her stiffness :(

For those of you not a friend on FB - meet my new girl Chica - who decided to show off her talents in hole digging before mum went to work

She is just gorgeous Ptolomy :love: She looks so puppy-like :D and looks like a true gundog with that mud :laugh: