Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I'd stay home M, sounds far too complicated ;)

How's the baby going?? I got to snuggle a whole nest of kelpie pups on Saturday.... 3 week olds at the trials we went to over at Arthur River. What a top day!!

:eek::cry: so jealous!

RS, we met the lady who does agility & ob with her 3 borders! She also knows washa from on here.... Small world!

Think I know who you're talking about (does she do DWD, too?), but different lady to who I meant as she doesn't do obedience with her borders!

The WA dog world sure is small, everyone knows someone :)

Doesn't her dogs have an obedience title or two though RS? Can't honestly remember though LOL.

It is interesting to read what everyone would choose in terms of transport :)

Weasels, your avatar made me :rofl: I made the mistake of attempting to walk to my bed in the dark the other night after forgetting to put the light closest to the bed on before turning the other one off... I nearly face planted it after tripping over a Kelpie I didn't see in the dark! I don't even know if it was Banjo or Kinta :p

Ptolomy, lots of easy whelping and healthy puppy vibes going your way in another weeks time :)

Weasels, your avatar made me :rofl: I made the mistake of attempting to walk to my bed in the dark the other night after forgetting to put the light closest to the bed on before turning the other one off... I nearly face planted it after tripping over a Kelpie I didn't see in the dark! I don't even know if it was Banjo or Kinta :p

:laugh: a black dog in the dark can be a serious health hazard!

I actually have it printed on photo paper up in our kitchen, so it's right in front of anyone entering the house - usually people just think we're trying to be cute, until they start tripping over a foxdog attempting to place toys at their feet! Last Sunday RS and MG got a small taste of Chess's insistence that every human is merely in existence to throw balls for her :o

Doesn't her dogs have an obedience title or two though RS? Can't honestly remember though LOL.

Who even knows if we're all talking about the same person :rofl:

Marianne Rogers is the only agility person I know who competes at a high level of non-ANKC herding now :) And her dogs also have tracking titles I just found out (gotta love Google). And she is definitely the only one who does herding and DWD :)

Sam Weaver used to do agility but now I think only does herding since moving to the country.

Edited by mirawee

Chocolate dogs are just as hard to see. I don't even think the dog was moving - just lying down sleeping and didn't move when I came near :o

Which makes me think it was Kinta since she has never seen the need to move out of the way of a human when she is lying down... although come to think of it Banjo isn't realy that much better :rofl:

Chocolate dogs are just as hard to see. I don't even think the dog was moving - just lying down sleeping and didn't move when I came near :o

Which makes me think it was Kinta since she has never seen the need to move out of the way of a human when she is lying down... although come to think of it Banjo isn't realy that much better :rofl:

Hubby fell over Gibbs the other night, no idea how Gbbs survived unscathed lol, cream dog, cream carpet = camoflage lol

Cider has just over a week to go - unfortunately nobody has told her she is pregnant - she is still as crazy as ever thumbsup1.gif

Very exciting :D all the best for a smooth and uncomplicated whelp :)

4 weeks of Gubbs being confined today, there is no emoticon to express my pain lol

Oh no, has he had a setback? :(

Who even knows if we're all talking about the same person :rofl:

Marianne Rogers is the only agility person I know who competes at a high level of non-ANKC herding now :) And her dogs also have tracking titles I just found out (gotta love Google). And she is definitely the only one who does herding and DWD :)

Sam Weaver used to do agility but now I think only does herding since moving to the country.

Yep but she isn't who I was talking about originally :laugh: I asked about DWD as I had a feeling it was Marianne that LR was referring to! :)

Yep I was talking about Maryanne! Het boy with blue eyes is beautiful!!

Camo dogs are not fun!! Try tripping over a BRD, and trying to stay on your feet & not treading on bits of said dog as it tries to get out of your way....... LOL!!!! Camera opportunity!

Who else were you talking about then RS?? She is the only one I know who currently does non-ANKC herding plus ANKC performance sports :)

Oh, and LR I just realised I keep ignoring your comments about puppy cuddles... they would be much more cuddly than my terror is at the moment! Although 5-10 weeks are the best age :D

On a positive note I think I have finally got stand through to Jive! I have never had a dog who would prefer to sit or drop and look at you before :o

Who else were you talking about then RS?? She is the only one I know who currently does non-ANKC herding plus ANKC performance sports :)

Yvonne, who is the one who told me about the trials in Arthur River and that she takes her camper van down. I don't know the foggiest about herding and what groups run comps!

Oh yeah, forgot about her. I didn't know that she actually travels to compete though :) THinking about it I ahve seen her around at the (very few) agility trials I have done recently either...

Most herding comps are non-ANKC particularly if they go for more than one day and aren't fairly close to Perth :p

That's ok Mirawee, three week olds aren't that exciting.... But I did have to smell them ;) They were pretty cute - but that's about it at that age! There were 2 young girls in another crate who were gorgeous.. B&T and R&T.....were licking us to death through the mesh :)