Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

My weekend has just about started! I have a few hours of work to do from home tomorrow, then I am not due back in the office until next Thursday, oh yeah cooldance.gif

Lucky you :D Where exactly are the retriving trials on sunday and what time will you be there? :)

And can anyone tell me what time the agility starts tomorrow?

Cheers :D

The retrieving trial on Sunday is on Great Northern Hwy. It's at Pullman Park off Hallatt Gardens. Hopefully this link will take you directly there: http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=-31.779861,116.024575&hl=en&sll=-25.335448,135.745076&sspn=47.206931,81.650391&t=m&z=16

When you turn in, immediately to your right there is a little road that is a carpark/turnaround area. Take the next right which is immediately after the first turn, and follow that to the end where you will see all the cars parked. If you get there after the trial has started, you will need to walk down the steep gravel hill and find the people laugh.gif

I plan on getting there between 7.30am and 7.45am.

Can't help you with the agility trial, sorry, but I would guess 9am?

Novice runs for a couple of hours, then Restricted starts after that, so you don't have to get there for the 8am(ish) start if you prefer your beauty sleep laugh.gif

Should't be a problem turning up with the camera. You could just ask the judge where you are allowed to sit for best shot of taking photographs :)

Jive is a laid back puppy most of the time :p I do have a few new sores on my hands from the weekend though - I really need to remember not to raz her up without a toy in my hand :rofl: although a couple are from her missing the toy and getting my hand :o

The States were certainly an interesting experience this year LOL. I loved how it was run but I wasn't with it and neither were my dogs mostly!

Morning trial I stuffed up two of Abbey's runs by being in the slightly wrong spot and she decided in the third that sniffing was fun :( Jenna didn't want to do anything at all running out of the ring before the first jump in one class and only getting over 2 jumps in the second so she was scratched from the afternoon. And poor Banjo was bitten by a black ant less than 10 mins before his class - although he didn't go onto 3 legs he was limping a bit :( A bit of stingoes (must get some for my car!) and we did compete but he took down one rail on a turn.

Afternoon trial Abbey was off with the fairies in ADM and I pulled her after she jumped over the contact on the A-frame - well after I put her back on it :mad: But then she did an absolutely SUPER run in JDO... she just needs a better handler as stupid me turned the wrong way, realised but not quickly enough to call her off a wrong jump :( She then did get a pass in JDM but it was slow as she was tired by then.

Banjo had the last run for me for the day in JD and managed to get a refusal at the tunnel after going wide so he had a bad angle, oh and he went an visited Richard since he thought that Richard standing in a direct line in front of the jump was an invitation :laugh: I have to admit I was very happy with him though as he went into the ring a bit riled after someone let their BC pull towards him trying to stare him down :( and then the stupid Mr Whippy van started up just when our run was on ROFL So the fact that he did the course with few faults was an achievement :D

Hah I know what you mean about not being with it Mirawee, my poor dog I stuffed her up a lot on the weekend including forgetting a jump completely in the JDX final :rofl: Oh well she's my state champion :laugh: I certainly feel like we took out a big prize, just so thrilled with how much she exceeded my expectations :thumbsup:

And we got her AD title so that alone is awesome!

I'm so tired today though, and my legs are rather sore! I'm sad I missed Banjo's runs!

How did you go at the retrieving trials RS? I woke up feeling crap, think I have a cold brewing , so didn't make it out :( Hopefully I'll make it on Wednesday :)

The trial was crappiest of crap laugh.gif But my girl did try hard so I can't fault her for that - at least being an obedience dog makes her a very steady retrieving dog :p Shame I can't say the same about Millie :rofl: We just need to work on distance a bit more, and of course throw in some more cover so when it starts to really cool down and less chance of pesky snakes, I'll be heading out into cover more regularly if I can rope someone into throwing dummies for me regularly! Ruby took some really nice lines to the bird on two runs yesterday, but just didn't hunt far enough up the hill (though on one, she cheated the water like a few of the dogs did and took a complete detour!!! I actually didn't think she'd be smart enough to know there was another way when I saw other dogs do it, I underestimated my girls brains I think :laugh: Smart, but wrong!) The judge was lovely and let me take her closer to the bird and send her again to up her confidence. She was onto the scent on one of them, as I think a previous bird had landed there as another dog sniffed the same patch, but she didn't trust herself enough that there was really a bird somewhere in that area, as she didn't find it in the area she thought it was. When Ruby hit the right area, I heard the judge go "goood girl!" :rofl:

Hope you're feeling better soon, CC. Might see you Wednesday! At this stage I am wondering why I am entering because we aren't ready, but if I keep looking at them as training rounds to give her experience with this terrain, she might actually improve one day :)

Congrats to everyone at the state agility trial! Pippa and I had a lovely Saturday afternoon watching it, and she took it all in her stride. She also had a ball playing with Jive thumbsup1.gif