Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Oh sorry RS, I didn't realise you were going as you said you might pop down to the agility on Saturday :laugh:

Retrieving is Sunday :) yeah I may come down but Gibbs will be in pen the whole of sat evening while we at a mates birthday so feel bad leaving them home again

:laugh: No worries. Yeah I'll be at the retrieving trial on Sunday, but as I am swamped with homework, I am not sure yet if I will make it down sometime Saturday to watch the agility. I need to use that day to get a bloomin' essay finished! There's also a retrieving trial on Anzac Day, and I think that is at Upper Swan, also. So there's a few chances to come watch one early in the season, but after that I think most of them move out to whoop whoop so not really any chances for spectators - unless of course they want to make the big trek laugh.gif

I may bring Gibbs down on Anzac day as its out at Brookleugh and he can hear the gun and its all flat ground for him

Oooh can one come watch with their dogs?? I am doing the breed survey at our national in june with the girls and one part is a gun shot be loely if i could see how they will react to the noise before hand and work on it if i need too

Emery... go online and find a gunshot sound to play... even just look on Youtube :p

Oh, and I have been asked if our place can be used for retrieving again at the end of May...

Edited by mirawee

Emery... go online and find a gunshot sound to play... even just look on Youtube :p

Oh, and I have been asked if our place can be used for retrieving again at the end of May...

Bahahaha so blonde i never even thought of that! LOL

Just had a suggestion of giving the kids a cap gun each too and letting them outside to play ROFL

Hey emery - I was going through some old stuff from my school days and found a newsletter from Govo with a photo of you in it :-P Think you were doing a childcare class with kids from a nearby kindy or something - heheh!

Hey emery - I was going through some old stuff from my school days and found a newsletter from Govo with a photo of you in it :-P Think you were doing a childcare class with kids from a nearby kindy or something - heheh!

wow what a blast from the past :) That's pretty cool. yes i did do childcare we had some kids from guildford grammar come over :)

I have no idea Emery but I won't be able to get close to the gun anyway as obviously no dogs allowed n the gallery near the competing dog so that probably won't help you much :( I'm going to take my 2 to as many training days as possible this year for the gun

I have no idea Emery but I won't be able to get close to the gun anyway as obviously no dogs allowed n the gallery near the competing dog so that probably won't help you much :( I'm going to take my 2 to as many training days as possible this year for the gun

It is up to the judge on the day to say whether dogs may be allowed in the gallery or not. Depends whether it is close to the control area and may distract the competing dog or not, and also, any dogs in the spectator gallery must be quiet or you will be asked to leave. Quite often spectators can have their dogs with them but be set back a little way from the main group, but still see the run and expose their dog to the sounds and smells of retrieving.

It is up to the judge on the day to say whether dogs may be allowed in the gallery or not. Depends whether it is close to the control area and may distract the competing dog or not, and also, any dogs in the spectator gallery must be quiet or you will be asked to leave. Quite often spectators can have their dogs with them but be set back a little way from the main group, but still see the run and expose their dog to the sounds and smells of retrieving.

I wouldn't trust Gibbs in the gallery he is a distraction waiting to happen lol.

MG, you can get close enough to the gun. We had puppies attend last Sunday and as long as they were quiet, they got to sit where the gallery did to watch/listen.

Edit: oops fetchindawgs beat me to it!

Edited by RubyStar

MG, you can get close enough to the gun. We had puppies attend last Sunday and as long as they were quiet, they got to sit where the gallery did to watch/listen.

Edit: oops fetchindawgs beat me to it!

Gibbs won't be quiet tho he will whine and whine coz he wants a turn lol

I might not make it Sunday so don't decide on my account :). We do have to catch up soon though!!

Ok :) Once the snakes have gone back to bed would love to come up with the dogs again :D

You know, there is a herding trial this Sunday too....... ;)

Ooooo really! Whereabouts? I could do agility Saturday, hearding Sunday and retreiving on Anzac day :laugh: