Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

RS, one of these days soon I'll get organised and come out with you to work in cover. I have a hand launch dummy thrower now which is very handy, but much better if someone else can do it for you. I also finally have a tie out so I can tether Lulu or Ari while I'm working with your dogs.

I've had so much "dog stuff" on lately and I think my OH is starting to get a bit annoyed, so trying to balance it out a little bit!! I've pulled back on showing but now because I have tracking training on saturdays, plus Rally training on Thursday nights and regular obedience on mondays I'll be doing training two nights a week, so I just have to wait until things are a bit more controlled before I can commit to more training days!

No worries, ST, that would be really great when you can come out with me. We can throw dummies for each other :) I am desperate for a regular retrieving training buddy :o It seems most people live north or already have their own regular training groups.

Congrats to everyone at the state agility trial! Pippa and I had a lovely Saturday afternoon watching it, and she took it all in her stride. She also had a ball playing with Jive thumbsup1.gif

Cute photo :D I would say that Pippa was Jive's favourite playmate from Saturday :) With Scoota and Brookie being the "nicest" big dogs coz they didn't get into her face but were happy to chill and let her get used to them :) Oh, and Jenna was cool too except I don't think Jive appreciated having her toy stolen :rofl:

Moo is great with puppies - so happy to do it again any time.

Meanwhile......coffee.gif I have had a few of these already today after a restless night. Thing seem to have stopped for the time being....

But the big difference between yesterday and today is that she has only bought me the i-squeak ball once today clap.gif

oooh come on Cider get things moving!!! we are all waiting :coffee:

Ari went on day 62. She came to work with me the day before. She ate her breakfast, and had a major snooze lying on her back on our bed before things started happening.

I hope things run smoothly for you Ptolomy - keep us updated!

P.S how are the temps?

RS, one of these days soon I'll get organised and come out with you to work in cover. I have a hand launch dummy thrower now which is very handy, but much better if someone else can do it for you. I also finally have a tie out so I can tether Lulu or Ari while I'm working with your dogs.

I've had so much "dog stuff" on lately and I think my OH is starting to get a bit annoyed, so trying to balance it out a little bit!! I've pulled back on showing but now because I have tracking training on saturdays, plus Rally training on Thursday nights and regular obedience on mondays I'll be doing training two nights a week, so I just have to wait until things are a bit more controlled before I can commit to more training days!

I'm probably going to start doing tracking too when Gibbs gets the all clear as its a sport he can do without jumping etc

I'm probably going to start doing tracking too when Gibbs gets the all clear as its a sport he can do without jumping etc

it's great fun MG - and most dogs get it quite quickly. You are so lucky as you are so close to Gnangara!!

it's great fun MG - and most dogs get it quite quickly. You are so lucky as you are so close to Gnangara!!

Yeah i did it with Mason as a pup ( he and i were useless) but i have someone to train with now. Wanted to do obedience with Gibbs but he is too bouncy will need to wait until he is much older to settle his beans lol

OK, I need someone to tell me I am not crazy :o

We are going to Melbourne in June for the inaugral Finnish Lapphund Club of Vic Champ show and there is now a Working Dog Club show on the Saturday of that weekend so I have just booked Jive onto the flight... So I am taking my pup who will be not quite 5 months old at the time to a single interstate show at the cost of $160 return (or $220 if she puts on lots of weight in the next 6 weeks :rofl: ) and it is a fundraising (amenities) show - although they do have Cash and Sash for all in show prizes... Am I mad??? So the Lappies will have either 2 or 3 shows each but poor Jive will have 1 :p Oh well, it will mean she and Anikka will have a few days to play together again :rofl:

OK, I need someone to tell me I am not crazy :o

We are going to Melbourne in June for the inaugral Finnish Lapphund Club of Vic Champ show and there is now a Working Dog Club show on the Saturday of that weekend so I have just booked Jive onto the flight... So I am taking my pup who will be not quite 5 months old at the time to a single interstate show at the cost of $160 return (or $220 if she puts on lots of weight in the next 6 weeks :rofl: ) and it is a fundraising (amenities) show - although they do have Cash and Sash for all in show prizes... Am I mad??? So the Lappies will have either 2 or 3 shows each but poor Jive will have 1 :p Oh well, it will mean she and Anikka will have a few days to play together again :rofl:

My flying bill will be around $2000 this year so i am in no position to say your mad :rofl:

Yeah but Showdog you weren't flying a baby puppy for a very minor show :rofl:

Oh well it will be better for my peace of mind I guess. Although reading the Qantas guidelines at the moment is doing my head in...

1) It says you must have a water container attached? Is this true as I am sure Jive's crate didn't when she arrived and personally I have never had problems with my dogs flying without water (when you weren't allowed to!)

2) Spill trays... where can you get them from? Again it has never been a problem as they don't travel with water and they can hold on for more than 6 hours!

Ahhh! It used to be so much simplier :rofl: I can't believe it is nearly 5 years since we did an interstate show!

I have taken one off & babies for limited shows compared to the others doesn't worry me .

The sooner they fly the better & yep whilst its cheap .

I use Vari/sky crates or hire.

I do freeze water bowls in the warmer weather but not winter.

Spill trays apply to the wire only .

Really nothing has changed except for no fold up crates can be used.

When they send you the dogs bookings via email to fill out just print the booking sheets not the other stuff,it ends up over 30 pages .

AAE in Melbourne has shifted in the last 3 years & is the opposite direction to where it use to be & at the very end of the street & Melb are very strict on the 2 hr flight drop off .

If taking fold up crates or soft crates just pay the $20 extra luggage allowance & put them through as over sized luggage ,It is the cheapest option

I flew back from Melb a few weeks back,the last 3 trips they have really got there act together & the dogs are getting there very quickly .

The guys at Perth & Melb have always been great.

In my crates the kiddies have the futon beds,pillow & blankie & never had any issues except amuse the guys.

My male Gordie has to go in a hire crate as they are big enough for him,my giant Vari is 2cm to big & the large vari to small .

The Irish goes in a Vari & hopefully the little beastie will do vari unless she out grows it too LOL .

I prefer hiring the crates even though it adds up because Varis are a pain in the arse at the other end unless you have a van .

Luckily i can borrow crates at the other & end & will most likely buy 3 & leave them there as one of the stockists sells them so cheap & in pretty colours .

The main thing is having those sheets & fill them out before hand

Any changes just email them on the contact so easy.

The only other change they have at present is you can't book until 4 months prior to travel as there redoing the computer system

LOL that is our next issue... finding a car which can fit 3 people and 3 crates! Oh and the suitcases...

Luckily our dogs aren't quite as big as yours :p I need to go see a Kia Grand Carnival in person but at this stage that is looking like our best option. Or maybe a Hyundai Iload and we can just get up close and personal up front ROFL

The iload would be better especially if its wet & raining.

The grand Kia the last row fold into the floor but i would say you will be pushing for space .

We have a Kia older version & it is bigger than the new models & the Grand

3 new little red kids were welcomed into the world last night - 1 boy who never stopped squeaking for the first couple of hours and will be called i-squeak and 2 little girls. First time mum was a little anxious to begin with, not sure where to put herself and insisting on continually cleaning the babies and upsetting them, but seems to have worked it out and is much more relaxed this morning. Photos are on FB biggrin.gif