Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Anyone who is showing this weekend please share the info

VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

1. Due to the extreme weather conditions judging at all 3 shows will now be commencing at 7:30 PM. This is after sunset. Please pass this information on to anyone you know who may not be on FB

2. The Canine Association is CLOSED and WILL NOT BE OPEN TOMORROW! Please also pass this information on to others not on FB so that they do not call me to ask as I have had several calls already!

3. The grounds DO NOT OPEN on Saturday until 5 PM. Please remember that there is plenty of room on our grounds and you do not have to be at the front, particularly as we have delayed the start of the show there will be plenty of time to set up when it is slightly cooler. We do not need to cause a traffic hazard by having cars lined up and down Ranford and Warton roads before 5 PM. Think of your dogs (and yourself) and come down a little later when it is cooler if you have later breeds.

Thanks Showdog, the joys of having an X breed we dont have to get there till 9.30 ish lol, the not so joys of having the only ones, having to wait for group!

Ok I don't want to play this game any more - I hate hot weather, the air conditioning is making no difference whatsoever.

So can somebody please turn the temp dial down icon_smile_mad.gif This is no fun at all!

You guys are having a shocker - how are your baby puppies coping Ptolomy? I was listening to news of the fires last night too - hope everyone is ok.

I can't believe how mild it is here. So nice to enjoy Christmas without worrying about high fire danger. Just need to get rid of the in-laws....... :D

Love your Christmas pic RS :thumbsup:

Geez, I hope everyone is coping okay in this disgusting weather!!! Seems the only reasonable place to be at the moment is Albany :cool:

I hope you all had a fantastic :xmastree: ....ours was nice and quiet....just enough food & drink....and have been lazing about ever since!

Feel for anyone attending shows this weekend - heres hoping it cools down quickly at K9 in the evenings, so no-one is heatstressed!!!

Looking forward to winter!!

You guys are having a shocker - how are your baby puppies coping Ptolomy? I was listening to news of the fires last night too - hope everyone is ok.

I can't believe how mild it is here. So nice to enjoy Christmas without worrying about high fire danger. Just need to get rid of the in-laws....... :D

Babies are doing well - mum not so - she is hot and today doesn't want to eat - can't say I blame her.

Zoe + dogs had to evacuate last night - fires in Chidlow - was allowed home just after midnight

Edited by Ptolomy

Babies are doing well - mum not so - she is hot and today doesn't want to eat - can't say I blame her.

Poor girl - completely understand.

Zoe + dogs had to evacuate last night - fires in Chidlow - was allowed home just after midnight

Sh!t. The reports sounded very scary. I've got a written fire plan here but thankfully haven't had to use it. I'll be overseas for at least the whole of January and Mr TSD will be under strict instructions to just get the heck out.

Cannot believe how many fires have been deliberately lit in the Perth area already!!! Summer just freaks me out these days......too scary!! What the hell goes on in these peoples head to make them light fires????? I do not get it at all.....

Sorry Mum dog isnt doing so well in the heat Ptolomy.....Icecream???

Ok I don't want to play this game any more - I hate hot weather, the air conditioning is making no difference whatsoever.

So can somebody please turn the temp dial down icon_smile_mad.gif This is no fun at all!

I just bought a water fan for the dogs, works great a light spray of water or none, whatever you prefer, keeps the whole area cool.

So who is showing tomorrow night? I don't like having a big NYE and currently not doing anything, but love doing the NYE dog show (spectator obviously :laugh: would so love an agility trial on NYE!!)

I would like to pop along but don't know who is going from here and if there are any groups from here sitting together and whether I could tag along :o

So what are your NYE plans everyone?! :D

What went BIG 3 last night and what was BIS and R/U?

Yank grp

Springer RUIG

baby Gordon

Minor Lagotto

Puppy Lab

Junior ??

Inter Brittany

State ??

Aust Gordon

Open Yank

Nuetor Wei

BIS Pug

RUBIS Bullmastiff

Baby in show Rhodesian

I left after that

Happy New Year everyone :D

Seems like we are all recovering and not posting :laugh:

NYE show was good fun :) I chatted briefly with several DOLers and even got to handle Zora (briefly) :)

And to top it off Miss Anikka ended the year being run off for group and winning Junior in Group :)

Pity my own dogs were losers although I still love them :D

Back to work today :( Blah!!

But had a fantastic time at the beach yesterday!! Ended up staying about 6.5 hours eek1.gif No wonder I'm a little on the burnt side today embarrass.gif I reapplied sunscreen a fair bit, but didn't take with wet hands and wet skin, and couldn't reach my back properly!

The dogs had a ball, and it was Ruby's birthday so the 15 dogs in attendance all got special doggy birthday cake :) My two were running around all day showing little signs of slowing down, until the last half hour where they just stood staring at me with this look "I've had enough, I really wanna go home and sleep". So we did :)

Congrats on your show results with Anikka, mirawee!

Edited by RubyStar

Beach sounds great - I really wont to take Jive to see how woosy she is there :laugh: I spent most of yesterday doing nothing :rofl:

I do like how the day we go back to work it cools down :scold: Course it is meant to be back to the high 30s by the weekend!

Beach sounds great - I really wont to take Jive to see how woosy she is there :laugh: I spent most of yesterday doing nothing :rofl:

Slacker, you should've come! :scold: Two people from the hills/whoop whoop area made the trek :p

The water was quite choppy yesterday so the dogs got dumped a fair few times, so probably not a good intro for water wussy dogs! Glad I didn't take Pippa as she only swam for the first time last week, wouldn't want to scare her so quickly! She probably would have gone right under eek1.gif My two got dumped heaps but kept coming out for more, especially Millie, my latecomer to swimming who kept swimming out to me, even though she got massive waves in her face in the process laugh.gif Swimming back to shore was fun, they rode the waves in laugh.gif

I'm sure Ruby will say thanks, RV!

Edited by RubyStar

I escaped most of the stinking hot weather by going camping at Lane Poole Reserve in Dwellingup for three days, dogs had a blast swimming in the Murray river. We all spent most of the time either in the river, or sitting in Nanga Brook which ran behind our campsite and was quite chilly (but refreshing :D ) Kyzer was quite handy to keep the March flies under control (bitey things they are)

Congratulations RallyValley on Zora's Inter in Group, and also Mirawee with Anikka's Junior In Group :thumbsup: