Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Got R/C aircon at work but at home only have evap air con, no heating!

Ugh I know what you mean, the offices upstairs have their aircon on so hot it makes me feel groggy as soon as I go in, and they are always sick, it's like a big warm germ incubator!

Same (although works airconditioner is on freezing all year round :eek: Gotta love working at a hospital).

Luckily all 4 dogs act as hot water bottles at night in winter :eek:

Same (although works airconditioner is on freezing all year round :eek: Gotta love working at a hospital).

Luckily all 4 dogs act as hot water bottles at night in winter :eek:

try working at coles we swear the boss likes working in a freezer rofl

thanks Mas - is that Murdoch Uni or a separate entity? any idea where i can find contact details?

it's cold in our office in one area... and a breeze comes right through my office door :eek: I drink so much tea in winter it's not funny, because it's how i stay warm!!

I'd be one of those ones either turning the R/C aircon off because it's too cold in winter, or upping the temp :laugh: I can't handle the cold!

Lucky my office is pretty good, my last was a shocker!!

Edit: I HATE going into a supermarket fridge section unless I am rugged up, it's awfully cold! I keep saying there is no way I could work in a supermarket... or a hospital by the sounds of it!

Edited by RubyStar

I'd be one of those ones either turning the R/C aircon off because it's too cold in winter, or upping the temp :laugh: I can't handle the cold!

Edit: I HATE going into a supermarket fridge section unless I am rugged up, it's awfully cold! I keep saying there is no way I could work in a supermarket... or a hospital by the sounds of it!

i do night fill i wear a skivy, jumper and a thick thick jacket and beanie and gloves and i still freeze i swear it feels like i am in a permanent freezer and hospitals are freezing i would turn aircon up when i gave birth so it wasn't so cold nurse would turn it back down brrrr

try working at coles we swear the boss likes working in a freezer rofl

I'm up to my 4th Coles store and they've all been freezing and I work in the bakehouse so I can't wear long sleeves :laugh: .

I am freezing here in Ellenbrook and the wind has really picked up too and the wind is icy..... much colder here during the day today than it has been, been under the heater practically the whole day, dont think its even reached 10 degrees here today.

Weather site says its now 16 degrees here but i highly doubt that....

It's freezing here to. I love my reverse cycle heating - so do the dogs :laugh: .

thanks Mas - is that Murdoch Uni or a separate entity? any idea where i can find contact details?

it's cold in our office in one area... and a breeze comes right through my office door :laugh: I drink so much tea in winter it's not funny, because it's how i stay warm!!

Pm Rach and she will know more, I think its at Murdoch uni as the students look after the dogs I think.

PS i am also a teapot in winter :eek:

i do night fill i wear a skivy, jumper and a thick thick jacket and beanie and gloves and i still freeze i swear it feels like i am in a permanent freezer and hospitals are freezing i would turn aircon up when i gave birth so it wasn't so cold nurse would turn it back down brrrr

Interesting!! Whenever I have been to maternity wards at hospitals to visit they have always been toasty warm even in the warmer months! I remember thinking that i'd get really warm if i worked there rushing around all hours of the day!

it's cold in our office in one area... and a breeze comes right through my office door :heart: I drink so much tea in winter it's not funny, because it's how i stay warm!!

Rach off here on DOL is there and the contact man that runs the course is Kenn storrs [email protected]

J

I don't have a heater :heart:

Nope I don't either, just throw on extra layers. I have an advantage though, hot flushes, so central heating. Not really Winter when your interal thermastat is haywire. :(

we do daycare at the tafe, we arent apart of the uni at all lol Ella the GR pup on here used to come. If you call the tafe they should take details and if a space comes up, i think there may be a bit of a list and it is only 2 days a week

We have a wood fire. :heart: Nothing is warmer.

My parents have one so I get to be warm when I have dinner, then have to go to my cold house (stopping on the way to let ponies out of the stable so getting freezing then too :) Yet they complain that the fire is too hot (while I am standing less than a metre away from it :( )

OzJen, you are as bad as my Mum :(

I love my electric blanket :rofl: But it makes it very hard to get out of bed in the morning :rofl: I am finding that on really cold mornings I will crawl out of toasty bed and put the heater on. Ruby rushes right in and sets up camp. Makes it hard to get dressed though when she's hogging it! :rofl:

After years of living in cold old farm houses we now have the most efficient lovely house! I actually shut our bedroom door so it doesnt get too warm to sleep in! No electric blankies here! Sometimes I dont even use the doona, just a cotton blanky.....

We have a wood fire that the dogs worship of course! But most of the time its just ticking over, dont often have to have it roaring!

I grew up in a farm house that was freezing, electric blankets were a must. We used to get dressed in bed it so freaking cold :laugh: Mum comments now that she didnt realize we were so cold!

We have R/C aricon at work, its amazing what people think is warm!!! Hello, 24 degrees is just a little over the top to work in!!!!! It is nice to relax for smoko or lunch tho in a nice warm room - 'specially when smoko is at 2.30 am!!!

I definately WONT get to the Winter Fest now. Ive changed shifts completely so my entire life has to be rejigged!! But I may now get to see the ridgys at the Royal, Yay!!

Rat

So.....................who was showing yesterday???

Who saw Xolo and her pair???

I wish I couldve been there!

Mirawee - I noticed there is a Working Dog Champ show on the 12 September - with Kelpies on first!!

Will you be there with Mr Banjo?? Do you know if there will be any others? Like the little red bitch?? Maybe some of her pups??

Ill be up for the hound shows that weekend, and its a bonus that the working dog show is on too!! What a spectacular weekend it will be for me! Both my darling breeds on at once!

VCBR - How is Lincoln going after his surgery??

Rat