Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Hi Katski, it was only a joke. I am not a big fan of geraldton but for no other reason that it's a country town and I'm a city girl. The people who live there probably love it but I have always found it a bit dull... Sorry if I am offending anyone.

Hi Katski, it was only a joke. I am not a big fan of geraldton but for no other reason that it's a country town and I'm a city girl. The people who live there probably love it but I have always found it a bit dull... Sorry if I am offending anyone.

I come from a smallish country town so I imagine it will probably be like what I am used to anyways. I would feel very strange living in a city :)

Country town?! Geez we used to drive 5 hours to get to Geraldton, it was always the big smoke to us :laugh: It had fast food restaurants - luxury! :laugh: And a Bunnings and Target!! Woohoo :thumbsup:

It's halfway between a city and a town really, city amenities (most of the big shops) but most people seem to know each other.

I don't mind Geraldton, it's a relaxing sort of place. Lots of nice coastal holiday towns nearby and not too far to Kalbarri, Monkey Mia etc

Country town?! Geez we used to drive 5 hours to get to Geraldton, it was always the big smoke to us :laugh: It had fast food restaurants - luxury! :laugh: And a Bunnings and Target!! Woohoo :thumbsup:

It's halfway between a city and a town really, city amenities (most of the big shops) but most people seem to know each other.

I don't mind Geraldton, it's a relaxing sort of place. Lots of nice coastal holiday towns nearby and not too far to Kalbarri, Monkey Mia etc

That does sound like a town id like to live in.... anyone know of any Cavalier owners there :)?

Geraldton is close to Kalbarri(my parents live there and I love it for holidays) and to me it is a bit the big smoke as well, lots of shops etc we don't have.

All towns/cities have areas to avoid but Geraldton has some great areas as well.

Wish I lived closer as they ahve some great show and trial weekends, unfortunately 1300kms or so is a bit to far to drive :)

Geraldton is close to Kalbarri(my parents live there and I love it for holidays) and to me it is a bit the big smoke as well, lots of shops etc we don't have.

All towns/cities have areas to avoid but Geraldton has some great areas as well.

Wish I lived closer as they ahve some great show and trial weekends, unfortunately 1300kms or so is a bit to far to drive :)

I thought it would be further than that? Crazy

How far away from Perth are you again? Coming up for any shows / trials soon? I missed you and the Whippies at the last ones because I was away :(

I thought it would be further than that? Crazy

How far away from Perth are you again? Coming up for any shows / trials soon? I missed you and the Whippies at the last ones because I was away :(

We are 750kms from Perth

I think it is around 1500kms from us to Kalbarri via Perth, so I was guessing at the 1300kms :)

I am going to do Albany in November and Feb, then I might choose something next year, maybe incorporating a show as well?? Will see how I am travelling. So much organisation to get away these days :(

Edited by OSoSwift

Geraldton is the first place in WA to get NBN ;)

Took a little vid of the pups today it's not the most riveting viewing, I was trying to get footage of Zora pointing for RS so of course she didn't do it today ;) ,

Nawwww they look so happy :D love Toby zooming off :laugh: I'm sure I had a pic of her pointing, it wasn't the best so it didn't make it to the 'final cut', but I'll dig it out for you :)

Ah the sweet sound of europop music :laugh:

Geraldton is the first place in WA to get NBN ;)

Took a little vid of the pups today it's not the most riveting viewing, I was trying to get footage of Zora pointing for RS so of course she didn't do it today ;) ,

Nawwww they look so happy :D love Toby zooming off :laugh: I'm sure I had a pic of her pointing, it wasn't the best so it didn't make it to the 'final cut', but I'll dig it out for you :)

Ah the sweet sound of europop music :laugh:

I have one pic and it's so out of focus!!

The song is typical Eastern European pop :) A recent Slovenian version of the 1990 Yugoslavian song in ESC that has been covered by a few others in between. Everyone has to press mute or suffer through my songs :laugh: It's called 'Hajde da ludujemo' by Zana Povse.